Seven Seas Navigator current position
Specifications of Seven Seas Navigator
|Year built||1999 / Age: 22|
|Builder||Admiralty Shipyard (St Petersburg, Russia /hull), T.Mariotti (Genoa, Italy /superstructure)|
|Class||ice-strengthened expedition ship|
|Building cost||USD 200 million|
|Owner||(NCLH) Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd|
|Operator||(RSSC) Regent Seven Seas Cruises|
|Speed||18 kn / 33 kph / 21 mph|
|Length (LOA)||170 m / 558 ft|
|Beam (width)||24 m / 79 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||28803 gt|
|Passengers||490 - 557|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Christened by||Marilyn Carlson Nelson|
Seven Seas Navigator Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2022 Jan 06||30 days, one-way from Miami to Bridgetown||Miami||$13999|
|2022 Jan 06||7 days, one-way from Miami to San Juan||Miami||$3799|
|2022 Jan 13||12 days, one-way from San Juan to Cartagena Colombia||San Juan||$6799|
|2022 Jan 25||11 days, one-way from Cartagena Colombia to Bridgetown||Cartagena Colombia||$6199|
|2022 Feb 05||10 days, round-trip Bridgetown To Bridgetown - Luminous Shores||Bridgetown||$4899|
|2022 Feb 15||10 days, round-trip Bridgetown To Bridgetown - Barbados In Bliss||Bridgetown||$5199|
|2022 Feb 25||12 days, round-trip Bridgetown To Bridgetown - Caribbean Warmth||Bridgetown||$5499|
|2022 Mar 09||11 days, round-trip Bridgetown To Bridgetown - Welcome To Paradise||Bridgetown||$5499|
|2022 Mar 20||12 days, round-trip Bridgetown To Bridgetown - A Caribbean Spring||Bridgetown||$5699|
|2022 Apr 01||7 days, round-trip Bridgetown To Bridgetown - Caribbean Joy||Bridgetown||$3599|
|2022 Apr 08||10 days, one-way from Bridgetown to Miami||Bridgetown||$4999|
|2022 Apr 18||25 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Caribbean Amazon Exploration||Miami||$10099|
|2022 May 13||15 days, one-way from Miami to Montreal||Miami||$5899|
|2022 May 28||10 days, one-way from Montreal to New York||Montreal||$5299|
|2022 Jun 07||30 days, one-way from New York to Southampton||New York||$19399|
|2022 Jun 07||94 days, round-trip New York To New York - Grand Arctic Adventure||New York||$51699|
|2022 Jun 07||16 days, one-way from New York to Reykjavik||New York||$10799|
|2022 Jun 23||14 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Southampton||Reykjavik||$11499|
|2022 Jul 07||16 days, one-way from Southampton to Copenhagen||Southampton||$12799|
|2022 Jul 23||20 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Amsterdam||Copenhagen||$15699|
|2022 Aug 12||12 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Barcelona||Amsterdam||$9999|
|2022 Aug 24||16 days, one-way from Barcelona to New York||Barcelona||$8299|
|2022 Sep 09||11 days, one-way from New York to Montreal||New York||$8599|
|2022 Sep 20||11 days, one-way from Montreal to New York||Montreal||$8799|
|2022 Oct 01||11 days, one-way from New York to Montreal||New York||$8799|
|2022 Oct 12||11 days, one-way from Montreal to New York||Montreal||$8799|
|2022 Oct 23||14 days, one-way from New York to Miami||New York||$7799|
|2022 Nov 06||11 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Antiguan Allure||Miami||$4699|
|2022 Nov 17||25 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Grace Gratitude In Paradise||Miami||$10099|
|2022 Dec 12||10 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Caribbean Winter Celebration||Miami||$4099|
|2022 Dec 22||14 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Island Cheer Caribbean New Year||Miami||$7099|
|2023 Jan 05||7 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Feast, Fiesta Fantasy||Miami||$4099|
|2023 Jan 12||11 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Cool Caribbean Breeze||Miami||$5299|
|2023 Jan 23||11 days, one-way from Miami to Bridgetown||Miami||$5599|
|2023 Feb 03||10 days, round-trip Bridgetown To Bridgetown - Tropical Romance||Bridgetown||$5299|
|2023 Feb 13||10 days, round-trip Bridgetown To Bridgetown - Cupid To Carnival||Bridgetown||$5299|
|2023 Feb 23||11 days, one-way from Bridgetown to Miami||Bridgetown||$5599|
|2023 Mar 06||7 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Belize To The Florida Keys||Miami||$3999|
|2023 Mar 13||10 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Primavera In Puerto Rico||Miami||$5299|
Seven Seas Navigator Review
Review of Seven Seas Navigator
History - construction and ownership
Regent Cruises (officially Regent Seven Seas Cruises / RSSC) is an all-inclusive, top-luxury cruise brand fka "Radisson Seven Seas". Until 2014, the company (as part of "Prestige Cruise Holdings") was owned by Apollo Management LP - one of the world's largest private investment equity funds. Since September 2014, RSSC and the sister company Oceania Cruises are owned by NCL Norwegian (shipowner), acquired at the total cost of USD 3 billion. Regent cruise ships are medium-sized, with capacity up to 800 passengers. The fleet consists of 6-star rated all-suite and all-balcony vessels with a space-to-guest ratio around 70 and staff-to-guest ratio 1-to-1,6 (some of industry's best). As building cost per berth, RSSC liners are among the world's most expensive ships.
The 490-passenger ship Seven Seas Navigator was originally built as a USSR-Soviet research ship. RSSC purchased, stripped and converted the vessel into a contemporary top-luxury cruise liner - the company's first all-suite ship. Shipboard experience is very personal as most of the personnel (at each level) quickly learns passengers' names and individual preferences.
In January 2016, a USD 125 million drydock refurbishment plan was revealed for three RSSC ships. The aim is to bring the vessels in line with the new Seven Seas Explorer (2016-built). The 2-year fleet renovation/upgrade program started with the smallest boat - Seven Seas Navigator. Voyager was next (2016-Q4) followed by Mariner (2017-Q1).
Decks and Cabins
Seven Seas Navigator staterooms (245 total, in 11 Suite categories) include 37x Oceanview cabins, and ~85% of all staterooms have step-out balconies. The largest accommodations are the Master Suites (1065 ft2 / 99 m2 plus 110 ft2 / 10 m2 terrace).
The boat has 12 decks, of which 8 are passenger-accessible and 7 with cabins.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Compass Rose restaurant is the main dining room on Seven Seas Navigator. It functions on an open seating basis and offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner without set dining assignments. La Veranda is the ship's daytime buffet, serving breakfast and lunch. In the evening it is transformed into a bistro serving Mediterranean cuisine. The speciality steak house Prime 7 is free of charge but requires reservations for dinner. Dinner is served alfresco on Navigator's pool deck at least once during each cruise. Another choice for casual lunch is the poolside grill. Dinner can be ordered from the MDR menu during restaurant hours to be served en suite.
Follows the complete list of Seven Seas Navigator restaurants and food bars.
- Compass Rose (main dining room restaurant, open-seating breakfast, lunch and dinner; features European Continental dishes and alternative choices - vegetarian, specialities from the Spa menu, select dishes from Regent's Chartreuse menu with gourmet French cuisine)
- Pool Grill (fast food bar, poolside; serves the pool deck area)
- Prime 7 (reservations-only dinner restaurant with American Steakhouse menu)
- La Veranda / Sette Mari (casual dining venue; operates as ship’s self-service buffet restaurant; in the evenings, the buffet transforms into “Sette Mari” Italian dinner restaurant, complimentary).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Highlights of the Seven Seas Navigator cruise ship experience include: large, roomy suite accommodations (301 to 1,173 square feet); luxury en-suite facilities; perfect service throughout; a great space-per-passenger ratio (67.3 ft. of public space per passenger); diverse dining venues (which include a steakhouse and Italian alternative restaurants); an upscale Canyon Ranch SpaClub (formerly Carita Spa); and ten Internet-ready computers.
Follows the complete list of Seven Seas Navigator lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Navigator Lounge (signature cocktails bar with grand piano; serves casual early Continental Breakfast with fresh pastries and speciality coffees/teas)
- Library (combined Library and Internet computers room)
- Coffee Connection (speciality coffee bar)
- Connoisseur Club (smoking lounge with comfortable leather armchairs; offers hand-rolled Cuban cigars)
- Card Room / Conference Room (hosts bridge tournaments and lectures)
- Stars Lounge (disco nightclub with its own bar, live music entertainment, karaoke, dance parties)
- Seven Seas Lounge (2-tiered main show lounge for cabaret-style evening entertainment)
- The Boutique (duty-free shopping arcade: luxury jewellery, precious stones, brand perfumes, watches, designer clothes, accessories, gifts, souvenirs, Regent-logo wear)
- Casino (with 2 sections: for the slot machines, and for the gaming tables)
- Navigator Pool area (with a large swimming pool, two Whirlpools, sunbathing area with loungers, tennis tables, seating area; served by the Pool Bar)
- Galileo’s Lounge (with indoor/outdoor seating areas, dance floor, a grand piano for live performances; hosts daily trivia shows, Afternoon Tea and live music events)
- Canyon Ranch SpaClub and Wellness Center (Treatment Rooms, Saunas, Steam Rooms, Relaxation Room. The Centre includes ship’s Beauty Salon, Gym and Aerobics Studio)
- Fitness Center (with floor-ceiling windows, modern equipment)
- The Top Deck (Power Walking/Jogging Track; sports court: mini-golf putting green; Golf Net).
Seven Seas Navigator itinerary program is based on Caribbean cruises from Miami, and to Alaska from Vancouver BC. Regent Navigator cruises to New England with departures from New York and Montreal, and also in Europe on Mediterranean itineraries from Rome, Venice, Barcelona, with Transatlantic repositioning crossings.
Seven Seas Navigator will spend summer 2016 in the Mediterranean, late autumn in South Africa, and then embark from Miami in 2017 on the first world voyage for the line in 6 years, a 128-night cruise covering 31 countries on 6 continents.
Starting on Jan 8, 2018, Regent Navigator offers a 137-night long "World Cruise" round-trip from Los Angeles (California, USA).
Seven Seas Navigator - user reviews and comments
Photos of Seven Seas NavigatorAdd Photo
Seven Seas Navigator ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
The NCLH-owned subsidiary RSSC-Regent Seven Seas Cruises announced that all 5 luxury ships in their fleet would be back in service by February next...May 27, 2021
- Cruise Industry
The NCLH-owned ultra premium brand RSSC-Regent Seven Seas Cruises announced its return to operation with Seven Seas Splendor ship sailing from the UK...April 29, 2021
- Cruise Industry
RSSC-Regent Seven Seas Cruises relaunched Seven Seas Navigator’s early 2022 Caribbean Season in order to provide guests with more choice and...March 16, 2021
- Cruise Industry
RSSC-Regent Seven Seas Cruises launched the “Upgrade Your Horizon” promo offer allowing booked customers to receive a 2-Category cabins...January 7, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Charles Gosling (Hamilton's Mayor) revealed that already 2 major cruise lines plan to return to Bermuda's largest cruise ports - Hamilton and St...January 5, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Regent Seven Seas Cruises recently announced they had achieved the largest booking day in the luxury line's 28-year history with the launch of its...November 2, 2020
- Cruise Industry
The ultra-luxury travel brand RSSC-Regent Seven Seas Cruises extended its "Return with Regent" promotion for all bookings made by August 31 on 2021...August 10, 2020
- Cruise Industry
The world's 3rd-largest cruise shipowner NCLH (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings) extended fleetwide suspensions for its 3 subsidiary companies (travel...June 17, 2020
About 450 crew on RSSC-Regent Seven Seas Cruises' ship Seven Seas Navigator (currently docked at Port Barcelona Spain) were quarantined after...May 24, 2020
- Cruise Industry
The 490-passenger ship Seven Seas Navigator arrived at Puerto Caldera (Puntarenas, Costa Rica) on Thursday, April 30, an unusual occurrence during...May 1, 2020
- show more news
Other Regent Seven Seas Cruises cruise ships
Seven Seas Navigator Wiki
The Regent Navigator ship was built in Genoa Italy and is the line's oldest and smallest in comparison to the fleet mates Mariner and Voyager, and especially to the fleet's largest Explorer (2016). Just like her sisters, the Navigator provides an all-inclusive "big yacht" luxury cruising vacation experience.
A curious fact is, that the Seven Seas Navigator ship was partially built in Russia (the former USSR). The vessel's hull was constructed in Leningrad (now St Petersburg), then purchased by the RSSC line and finished in Italy (by the shipbuilding company T. Mariotti (Genoa). Another "fun fact" is that the ship was a movie star - playing a major role in the film "After the Sunset" (2004).
On September 2, 2014, the NCL Norwegian company purchased the company "Prestige Cruise Holdings" (owner of Oceania Cruises and RSSC) for USD 3,025 billion, thus becoming the official owner of all vessels in both fleets.
Regent Navigator's itinerary calendar features as operational regions Alaska, Caribbean, South America (Brazil Amazon cruises from Florida), Canada (New England Fall Foliage cruises) and Panama Canal transits (on repositioning).
Regent Seven Seas Navigator is among the top-luxury World Cruise ships offering each year an Around The World itinerary. It includes up to 30 different countries and numerous exotic ports of call in Asia, Australia, South America, Caribbean, Africa, also Transatlantic crossings, Panama Canal and/or Suez Canal transits.
In mid-April 2016, RSSC announced upgraded fares adding free international flights to all 2017-2018 cruise itineraries. These are round-trip air travel deals (business class) added to the company's signature (standard) all-inclusive package - wines, spirits, soda, water, unlimited internet, free shore excursions, prepaid gratuities, pre-post cruise hotel stays and transfers. The air-inclusive cruise deals involve international flights leaving from 26 cities (the USA and Canada), regardless of the suite category booked.
The Apollo Group company provides all RSSC ships with the entire onboard hotel product and services. This includes administration, food staff (preparation and serving), housekeeping staff, also the vessel's provisioning and crewing. Other cruise lines served by Apollo are Thomson UK (Marella Cruises) and Oceania.
In Summer 2017, the boat was supposed to sail on a Northwest Passage Cruise transiting the Canadian Arctic Ocean territories. However, due to the bad weather forecast (too much sea ice on the route in July), the voyage was cancelled at the end of August 2016. Booked passengers were refunded and additionally received USD $1,000 onboard credit applicable to any other 2016 or 2017 Regent cruises. Travel partners who had guests booked on the trip received USD 250 per booking. The Navigator's 63-days long one-way itinerary was from Miami Florida to Montreal Quebec (scheduled June 17 to August 18, 2017). The list of "Arctic" ports of call included Seward Alaska (Jul 19), Homer Alaska (July 21), Kodiak Island Alaska (July 22), Dutch Harbor Unalaska (July 24), Nome Alaska (July 26), Herschel Island Yukon Canada (July 29), Tuktoyaktuk NT Canada (July 30), Victoria Island (Aug 2), King William Island (Aug 3), Upernavik Greenland (Aug 5), Uummannaq Greenland (Aug 7), Nuuk Greenland (Aug 9), Paamiut Greenland (Aug 10), Qaqortoq Greenland (Aug 11), Corner Brook Newfoundland (Aug 14), Saguenay Quebec (Aug 16) and Quebec City (Aug 17).
In 2018, the ship offers an Around the World cruise (round-trip from USA (Los Angeles CA departure on January 8th). The 137-day long itinerary (Jan 8 - May 25, 2018) includes 64 ports in 28 countries on 5 continents. Signature destinations include Hawaii (USA), South Pacific islands, Australia and New Zealand, Southeast Asia, Indian Ocean (Bay of Bengal), South Africa, Transatlantic crossing, South America, Caribbean, Panama Canal transit. The Regent's World Cruise 2018 deals are price-inclusive of shore excursions/tours (in all ports of call), first-class airfare, visa package, luggage and unlimited laundry services, shipboard medical services, satellite phone time. Pricing starts from USD 60,000 pp (Deluxe Window Suite cabin).
Seven Seas Navigator refurbishment 2016 review
- new entertainment program with Broadway-style shows and comedy productions
- All public spaces and passenger rooms were renovated and their amenities were upgraded, including new furniture, bedding (bed linens, mattresses), flat TVs, carpeting, wall coverings, curtains, colour schemes, bath towels, new cabin balcony furniture.
- All suites and public spaces (including the pool deck) received new stone floors, deck flooring, new sun loungers, new pool design, hot-tubs shades, infrared outdoor grill. Among the updated venues were La Veranda restaurant, the Internet Cafe, the Library.
- The old Library was replaced by Coffee Connection (speciality coffee bar). The new Library was designed in the space of the Connoisseur Lounge.
- The list of updated/redesigned venues included Galileo’s Lounge, Navigator Lounge, Compass Rose, La Veranda, Card / Conference Room, Casino, Pool Bar.
Since 2017, new menus were introduced at the Compass Rose main dining restaurant.
RSSC's 2016-2017 ship refurbishments cost the parent company NCLH a total of USD 125 million.
Seven Seas Navigator refurbishment 2012 review
The list of Seven Seas Navigator deck plan changes after its 2012 drydock included:
- All Navigator cruise accommodations in the categories Master and Grand Suites were redecorated. They also received new furniture (built-in cabinetry, dining tables, headboards, bedding, also on the balcony), upholstery, lighting, wall coverings, new plush carpeting, original artworks.
- Also, all suites in the categories “Concierge” and above were equipped with illy coffee machines.
- At the La Veranda restaurant (on deck 10) was introduced the “Sette Mari at La Veranda” intimate Italian dining experience.
- The “Prime 7” steakhouse (on deck 10) was expanded with 22 more seats.
- The Galileo Lounge (on deck 11) was redecorated.
- The Saunas in the SpaClub (on deck 12) were renovated.
- The Pool’s teak-covered deck area (on deck 10) was renewed.
All public spaces received new carpeting, and all cabin balconies received new teak decking.
Seven Seas Navigator User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review