35 °F / 2 °C
Arendal is a port town in Aust-Agder county, Norway. The town covers a total area of approx 270 km2 (104 ml2) and has population around 42,000.
- Arendal belongs to Sorlandet region and is the municipality's administrative center. Other villages in the municipality include Eydehavn, Hisoy, Kilsund, Kongshamn, Rykene, Strengereid, Tromoy.
- In the middle of town's center there is an area (called Tyholmen) with wooden houses dating back to the 17th century. Trinity Church is also in the town center.
- Arendal's inner harbour is called Pollen. Around the harbor are most of the pubs, restaurants, the fish market.
- On Merdo Island (facing Skagerrak) there is a museum, tourist kiosk, several beaches. During summer, regular boat service is available from Arendal to the island.
- Regularly scheduled fFerries run between Arendal and the Norwegian islands Hisoy and Tromoy.
Port Arendal cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Arendal, Norway. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|30 May, 2020|
|Le Dumont dUrville|