Oceania Insignia Review and Specifications
Specifications of Oceania Insignia
|Year built||1998 / Age : 20|
|Flag state||Marshall Islands|
|Builder||Chantiers de l’Atlantique (Saint-Nazaire, STX France)|
|Class||Renaissance / R-Class|
|Building cost||GBP 150 million (USD 200 million)|
|Owner||(NCLH) Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd|
|Speed||18 kn / 33 kph / 21 mph|
|Length (LOA)||180 m / 591 ft|
|Beam (width)||25 m / 82 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||30277 gt|
|Passengers||698 - 803|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Former names||R One (Renaissance Cruises), Columbus 2 (Hapag-Lloyd Cruises)|
|Christened by||Virginia Waters|
Review of Oceania Insignia
Launched in 1998 as R One, Oceania Insignia cruise ship is the first (and oldest) in the fleet of R-class liners, with sisterships Nautica,Regatta and Sirena (former Ocean Princess). Oceania ship Insignia will be drydock refurbished in 2018 (November-December) by company's new OceaniaNEXT fleet renovation project (2019-2020).
History - construction and ownership
Oceania Cruises is an US company, and brand owned by NCL Norwegian (shipowner), Between April 2007 and September 2014, the company (as part of "Prestige Cruise Holdings") was owned by Apollo Management LP - one of the world's largest private investment equity funds. Since September 2014, Oceania and the sister company Regent Seven Seas Cruises are owned by NCL, acquired at the total cost of USD 3 billion. Oceania ships offer luxury cruises with relatively shorter itineraries, as well as Around The World voyages up to 180 days in length.
The 30,277-ton, 698-passenger cruise ship Insignia is currently back to Oceania Cruises. The concise history of ms Insignia includes the names of ms R One (1998-2003), ms Insignia (2004-2012) and ms Columbus 2 (2012-2014) as former names of a single passenger ship. Hapag-Lloyd decided not to renew Insignia's charter after 2014.
Cruise itinerary program
Insignia itinerary program is based on luxury World Cruises round-trip from Miami with various segments, Mediterranean itineraries, Asia cruises with departures from Singapore and Hong Kong, voyages in Australia and South Pacific, Panama Canal transits and Transatlantic repositioning crossings.
The first half of 2017 and 2018, ms Insignia will sail her 5th 'Around the World in 180 Days' cruise. 8 segments are available, including 20 days from Miami to Reykjavik via Greenland and 28 days from Rome to Montréal.
A 180-day world cruise is scheduled to depart March 1, 2019 aboard ms Insignia. Oceania Insignia will carry 684 passengers during the world cruise which covers over 83,000 km across 2 oceans, 5 continents and 16 seas.
- Travellers will visit 90 destinations in a total of 36 countries. For added flexibility, cruisers will be able to embark from New York, Miami or Los Angeles.
- The 180-day voyage will offer 14 overnight stays in cities including Bali, Hong Kong, Yangon, and Luxor. There will be shore excursions in Tokyo (Japan), Jerusalem (from Port Ashdod, Israel) and Bordeaux (France)..
Oceania Insignia has a total of 349 cabins (of which 49 Suite, 184 Balcony, 28 Inside rooms) in 16 grades. Most Insignia staterooms (66%) are 175-sq.foot Balcony rooms. The largest aboard Insignia are the Owner’s Suites (735 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Oceania guests take advantage of the flexibility of 4 open seating dining venues. The Grand Dining Room serves Continental cuisine. it is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Alternative, reservations-required options are Toscana, which offers gourmet Italian food, and the steak house Polo Grill. The buffet restaurant Terraces serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is transformed into "Tapas on the Terrace" at night for a relaxed atmosphere. All dining venues have bars, and there is no cover charge. In addition, a poolside grill offers hamburgers, sandwiches and salads at lunchtime. There is also a pizzeria in the buffet area. The observation lounge Horizons serves afternoon tea. Room service is available 24 hours.
Follows the complete list of Insignia restaurants and food bars.
- Grand Dining Room (complimentary 340-seat restaurant for open seating Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner; offers French-inspired dishes, and menus change daily)
- Waves Grill (casual dining fastfood bar; serves the pool deck area with made-to-order daily specialties and gelato icecream)
- Terrace Cafe & Bar (casual buffet restaurant, complimentary; open for breakfast and lunch; features indoor and outdoor sitting areas; the Terrace Bar serves as a small pizzeria as well; the Terrace Cafe transforms into “Tapas On The Terrace” at night serving traditional Mediterranean cuisine)
- Toscana (96-seat Italian fine dining restaurant, dinner-only, reservations-only, complimentary; offers traditional Italian cuisine)
- Polo Grill (96-seat Steakhouse restaurant, complimentary; reservations required).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Insignia welcomes her guest in an amazing country club atmosphere while her cruises offer unforgettable adventurous experience. The mid-size of ms Insignia and the fact that she is non-crowded allows her guest to relax completely.
Follows the complete list of Insignia lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Insignia Lounge (main show room/theater for live evening entertainment and themed dancing parties; hosts daily trivia quizzes, lectures and presentations)
- The Casino (operates with USD bets; served by the Casino Bar)
- Martinis (piano bar serving a variety of Martinis)
- Two Boutiques (duty-free perfumes, jewelry, Oceania-logo merchandise, clothes, gifts, convenience goods)
- Upper Hall lounge area (with grand piano for live performances; served by the Martinis Bar)
- Grand Bar (wine bar; hosts wine tastings; served by Baristas making complimentary illy beverages)
- Insignia Wellness Center (includes a Spa Terrace, Spa Whirlpool, Steam Rooms, Treatment Rooms, Styling Salon, Canyon Ranch Spa Club, Fitness/Gym, and Boardroom (cards playing and board games; Canyon Ranch Spa Club treatments include: Acupuncture, Ayurveda, Healing Energy, Body Wraps and Scrubs, Skin Care, Tanning, Massages and Exotic Treatments.)
- Oceania@Sea (24-hour Internet computers room; Private lessons/group classes are also provided)
- Pool area (with one swimming pool, two Whirlpools, sunbathing area and a Band Stand; served by the Waves Bar)
- The Patio (outdoor shaded lounge with chairs, daybeds, sofas)
- Horizons (Lounge & Bar served by the Horizons Bar; has floor-ceiling windows, live entertainment, full bar; also serves Afternoon Tea; becomes a nightclub at night)
- Fitness Track (Power Walking/Jogging Track); Promenade (Deck 5)
- The Library (1000+ books of which many port-destination guide books)
- Sun Deck (served by the Polo Bar; has sunloungers, showers, deck games - Shuffleboard, Golf Driving Net, 9-hole Mini-Golf putting greens).
Oceania Insignia wiki
- Oceania Insignia cruise ship is the line's first and oldest vessel of the R-class (R stands for "Renaissance"). Her sisters in the fleet are the ships Nautica, Regatta and Sirena (Ocean Princess). Other vessels with this design are Azamara Journey, Azamara Pursuit and Azamara Quest (Azamara Club Cruises), Pacific Princess (Princess Cruises).
- Oceania Cruises Insignia ship was ordered and operated as "R One" by Renaissance Cruises in the period 1998-2003. After the line's bankruptcy, the ship was bought and renamed "Insignia" (2004-2012). Between 2012 and 2014 she was operated by Hapag-Lloyd Cruises as "Columbus 2".
- On September 2, 2014, the NCL Norwegian company purchased the company "Prestige Cruise Holdings" (owner of Oceania and RSSC-Regent Seven Seas Cruises) for USD 3,025 billion, thus becoming the official owner of all vessels in both fleets.
- In 2017, Insignia became the 3rd Oceania Cruises ship to visit Cuba - following the fleetmates Marina (2016) and Regatta (2017). In February 2017, the company announced the addition of 6 more (Insignia) cruises to Cuba from Miami Florida. Itineraries (ranging 6-13 days in length) were scheduled between November 14 and December 21 (2017). Four of those included Havana overnight stays. Oceania ships operated a variety of itineraries, including circumnavigation of Cuba (with stops in ports Cienfuegos and Havana) and also visiting Cuba as part of some Panama Canal transition cruises.
- The Apollo Group company provides all Oceania ships with the entire onboard hotel product and services. This includes administration, food staff (preparation and serving), housekeeping staff, also the vessel's provisioning and crewing. Other cruise lines served by Apollo are Thomson UK (Marella Cruises) and RSSC Regent Seven Seas.
Oceania Insignia - user reviews and comments
Photos of Oceania InsigniaAdd Photo
Oceania Insignia ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Oceania Cruises unveiled its OceaniaNEXT initiative, consisting of an array of enhancements designed to elevate guest experience. First to be...August 13, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean diverted its Ovation of the Seas, from Boracay port visit as the Philippines Government closed the island to tourism. A number of...April 14, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Scanship Holding ASA via its subsidiary Scanship AS, was awarded a retrofit contract by NCLH (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings). The contract is to...March 17, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Oceania Cruises announced its new Around the World in 180 Days voyage onboard Oceania Insignia, departing January 8, 2020. Crossing the equator 4...March 9, 2018
An 89-year-old woman has been evacuated from an Oceania Cruises ship off the Atlantic coast after experiencing signs of a heart attack. The Coast...July 10, 2017
- Cruise Industry
Oceania Cruises announced it will be hosting a 180-day world cruise that is scheduled to depart March 1, 2019 aboard ms Insignia. Oceania...March 3, 2017
- Cruise Industry
Oceania Cruises announced a new world voyage for 2018. The "Around the World in 180 Days" itinerary departs Miami on January 3, 2018 onboard ms...March 17, 2016
- show more news
Other Oceania Cruises cruise ships
Oceania Insignia Itineraries
The below listed Oceania Insignia cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Oceania Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Nov 02||16 days, one-way from Montreal to Miami||Montreal|
|2018 Dec 07||10 days, round-trip Cuba Collage Miami To Miami||Miami|
|2018 Dec 17||10 days, round-trip Festive Caribbean Miami To Miami||Miami|
|2018 Dec 27||15 days, one-way from Miami to New York||Miami|
|2019 Jan 11||181 days, one-way from New York to Miami||New York|
|2019 Jan 11||175 days, round-trip Global Exploration New York To New York||New York|
|2019 Jan 11||159 days, one-way from New York to Southampton||New York|
|2019 Jan 11||52 days, one-way from New York to Sydney||New York|
|2019 Jan 11||19 days, one-way from New York to Los Angeles||New York||$5199|
|2019 Jan 14||178 days, round-trip World Of Wonder Miami To Miami||Miami|
|2019 Jan 30||162 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Miami||Los Angeles|
|2019 Jan 30||60 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Tokyo||Los Angeles|
|2019 Jan 30||33 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Sydney||Los Angeles|
|2019 Mar 04||27 days, one-way from Sydney to Tokyo||Sydney||$11699|
|2019 Mar 31||25 days, one-way from Tokyo to Singapore||Tokyo||$11599|
|2019 Apr 25||40 days, one-way from Singapore to Civitavecchia||Singapore|
|2019 Apr 25||18 days, one-way from Singapore to Dubai||Singapore||$5999|
|2019 May 13||22 days, one-way from Dubai to Civitavecchia||Dubai|
|2019 Jun 04||37 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Miami||Civitavecchia|
|2019 Jun 04||15 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Southampton||Civitavecchia||$6599|
|2019 Jun 19||22 days, one-way from Southampton to Miami||Southampton||$7299|
|2019 Jul 11||7 days, round-trip Timeless Cuba Miami To Miami||Miami||$3999|
|2019 Jul 18||10 days, round-trip Cuba Serenade Miami To Miami||Miami||$4099|
|2019 Jul 28||14 days, one-way from Miami to New York||Miami||$2949|
|2019 Aug 11||7 days, round-trip Bermuda Bliss New York To New York||New York||$2649|
|2019 Aug 18||7 days, round-trip Bermuda Bliss New York To New York||New York||$2649|
|2019 Aug 25||7 days, round-trip Bermuda Bliss New York To New York||New York||$2649|
|2019 Sep 01||10 days, one-way from New York to Montreal||New York|
|2019 Sep 11||17 days, one-way from Montreal to Miami||Montreal||$4699|
|2019 Sep 28||7 days, round-trip Timeless Cuba Miami To Miami||Miami||$3099|
|2019 Oct 05||7 days, round-trip Timeless Cuba Miami To Miami||Miami||$2299|
|2019 Oct 12||11 days, round-trip Reflections Of Cuba Miami To Miami||Miami||$4499|
|2019 Oct 23||7 days, round-trip Timeless Cuba Miami To Miami||Miami||$3099|
|2019 Oct 30||10 days, round-trip Cuba Charms Miami To Miami||Miami||$3099|
|2019 Nov 09||7 days, round-trip Timeless Cuba Miami To Miami||Miami||$2349|
|2019 Nov 16||7 days, round-trip Timeless Cuba Miami To Miami||Miami|
|2019 Nov 23||25 days, round-trip Amazon Interlude Miami To Miami||Miami||$6249|
|2019 Dec 18||10 days, round-trip Cuba Serenade Miami To Miami||Miami||$3499|
|2019 Dec 28||11 days, round-trip Cuba Celebration Miami To Miami||Miami||$3699|
|2020 Jan 08||199 days, one-way from Miami to New York||Miami||$65999|
|2020 Jan 08||194 days, round-trip Grand Expedition Miami To Miami||Miami||$65999|
|2020 Jan 08||179 days, one-way from Miami to San Francisco||Miami||$59299|
|2020 Jan 08||67 days, one-way from Miami to Rio de Janeiro||Miami|
|2020 Jan 08||56 days, one-way from Miami to Buenos Aires||Miami|
|2020 Jan 08||40 days, one-way from Miami to San Antonio||Miami||$14799|
|2020 Jan 08||18 days, one-way from Miami to San Francisco||Miami||$7599|
|2020 Jan 26||181 days, one-way from San Francisco to New York||San Francisco||$60299|
|2020 Jan 26||176 days, one-way from San Francisco to Miami||San Francisco||$60299|
|2020 Jan 26||161 days, round-trip Bridgeway To Exploration San Francisco To San Francisco||San Francisco|
|2020 Jan 26||49 days, one-way from San Francisco to Rio de Janeiro||San Francisco|
|2020 Jan 26||38 days, one-way from San Francisco to Buenos Aires||San Francisco|
|2020 Jan 26||22 days, one-way from San Francisco to San Antonio||San Francisco||$8599|
|2020 Feb 17||27 days, one-way from San Antonio to Rio de Janeiro||San Antonio|
|2020 Feb 17||16 days, one-way from San Antonio to Buenos Aires||San Antonio|
|2020 Mar 04||36 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Cape Town||Buenos Aires|
|2020 Mar 04||11 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro||Buenos Aires||$5199|
|2020 Mar 15||25 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to Cape Town||Rio de Janeiro|
|2020 Apr 09||30 days, one-way from Cape Town to Singapore||Cape Town||$13599|
|2020 May 09||57 days, one-way from Singapore to San Francisco||Singapore|
|2020 May 09||33 days, one-way from Singapore to Tokyo||Singapore|
|2020 May 09||15 days, one-way from Singapore to Hong Kong||Singapore||$6299|
|2020 May 24||62 days, one-way from Hong Kong to New York||Hong Kong|
|2020 May 24||42 days, one-way from Hong Kong to San Francisco||Hong Kong|
|2020 May 24||18 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Tokyo||Hong Kong|
|2020 Jun 11||44 days, one-way from Tokyo to New York||Tokyo|
|2020 Jun 11||24 days, one-way from Tokyo to San Francisco||Tokyo|
|2020 Jul 05||20 days, one-way from San Francisco to New York||San Francisco||$5899|
|2020 Jul 25||7 days, round-trip Bermuda Bliss New York To New York||New York||$1749|
|2020 Aug 01||7 days, round-trip Bermuda Bliss New York To New York||New York||$1749|
|2020 Aug 08||7 days, round-trip Bermuda Bliss New York To New York||New York||$1749|
|2020 Aug 15||42 days, round-trip Atlantic Symphony New York To New York||New York||$14499|
|2020 Aug 15||27 days, one-way from New York to Southampton||New York||$10399|
|2020 Aug 15||15 days, one-way from New York to Reykjavik||New York||$5999|
|2020 Aug 30||27 days, one-way from Reykjavik to New York||Reykjavik||$8799|
|2020 Aug 30||12 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Southampton||Reykjavik||$5799|
|2020 Sep 11||15 days, one-way from Southampton to New York||Southampton||$4249|
|2020 Sep 26||10 days, one-way from New York to Montreal||New York||$4199|
|2020 Oct 06||10 days, one-way from Montreal to New York||Montreal||$4199|
|2020 Oct 16||10 days, one-way from New York to Montreal||New York||$3899|
|2020 Oct 26||15 days, one-way from Montreal to Miami||Montreal||$3799|