Specifications of Oceania Vista
|Year built||2023 new ship|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Ancona, Italy)|
|Building cost||EUR 575 million (USD 680 million)|
|Owner||(NCLH) Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd|
|Speed||20 kn / 37 kph / 23 mph|
|Length (LOA)||251 m / 823 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||67000 gt|
|Decks with cabins||9|
|Sister-ships||Oceania Marina, Oceania Riviera|
Oceania Vista Review
Review of Oceania Vista
The 2023-built (currently under construction) Oceania Vista cruise ship is the first of two "Allura Class" 1200-passenger ships sisters to Marina and Riviera. The newbuild will be Oceania's fleet 7th member. The boat is constructed by the Italian shipbuilding company Fincantieri in Ancona Italy and scheduled for inauguration in 2023-Q1. The sistership (second Allura Class vessel) will be launched in 2025.
History - construction and ownership
Oceania Cruises is a US passenger shipping company and luxury travel brand owned by NCLH-Norwegian (shipowner), Between April 2007 and September 2014, the company (as part of "Prestige Cruise Holdings") was owned by Apollo Management LP - one of the world's largest private investment equity funds. Since September 2014, Oceania and the sister company RSSC-Regent are owned by NCLH - acquired at the total cost of USD 3 billion. Oceania ships offer luxury cruises with relatively shorter itineraries, as well as Around The World voyages up to 180 days in length.
Cruise itinerary program
Oceania Vista itinerary program will be officially announced in 2021-Q3.
The new ship's inaugural cruise season (Mediterranean itineraries 2023) will be announced around the time when bookings for the boat are expected to open (in September 2021).
Decks and Cabins
Oceania Vista staterooms (629 total in 17 grades/based on the sisterships' design) include 147 Suites, 444 Balcony, 20 Oceanview, 18 Interior. Most (94%) are the 240 ft2 / 22 m2 sized Balcony cabins. The largest passenger accommodations are the aft-facing Owners Suites (1335 ft2 / 124 m2 plus 665 ft2 / 62 m2 wraparound terrace).
The boat has 15 decks, of which 11 are passenger-accessible and 6 with cabins.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Oceania Cruises Vista ship has four reservations-only / specialty restaurants, plus a Lido Buffet restaurant and casual food bars. Speciality restaurants come with no additional charge but require reservations for dinner. The Jacques Restaurant (by celebrity chef Jacques Pepin) as design resembles a French bistro and focuses on traditional French cuisine specialties. The other restaurants are Polo Grill (steakhouse), Toscana (Mediterranean), Red Ginger (Asian), Grand Dining Room.
Follows the complete list of Vista restaurants and food bars.
- The Grand Dining Room (2-decks high MDR)
- Red Ginger (pan-Asian specialty restaurant with a 5-course “tasting” and a-la-carte priced menus)
- Jacques (124-seat complimentary dinner restaurant, reservations-only, offers French food by chef Pepin)
- Grand Dining Room (340-seat complimentary restaurant for open-seating Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, offers French-inspired dishes, menus are changed daily)
- Waves Grill (casual fast-food bar, serves the Pool Deck with made-to-order daily specialties and gourmet gelato/fresh-made ice cream)
- Terrace Cafe & Bar (complimentary, casual buffet restaurant open for Breakfast and Lunch, with indoor and outdoor sitting). Terrace Bar also doubles as a small Pizzeria. In the evenings, Terrace Cafe transforms into "Tapas On The Terrace" restaurant serving traditional Mediterranean food.
- Culinary Center (facilitates cooking classes and demos, hosts “Gourmet Explorer Series” which consists of 20 new cooking classes). The "La Technique" is an exclusive cooking class focusing on Jaques Pepin's techniques.
- La Reserve (24-seat wine bar at surcharge, offers wine tastings and a 7-course dinner menu)
- Toscana (96-seat Italian restaurant is dinner-only, reservations-only, complimentary, and offers traditional Italian food.
- Polo Grill (96-seat Steakhouse) is a complimentary restaurant but reservations are required.
- Privee (small-capacity / 10-seat private dining room) is located between Toscana and Polo Grill, and available for booking at USD 1000 (for the entire room). The gourmet dishes are part of Oceania's Chef’s Table experience, with a 7-course dinner menu.
In October 2015, Oceania Cruises announced a plan to combine the "Toscana" and "Polo" restaurants into the new “Tuscan Steak” (steakhouse and seafood restaurant). The new venue's design is marked by quality wood paneling decorated with platinum and silver. Its dinner menu includes items like “Bistecca Alla Fiorentina”, “Maine Lobster & Shrimp Fra Diavol”, “Tuscan Porterhouse Steak”, Oceania's signature pork chops “Iberico de Bellota”. At the entrance, there is a wine cellar with a selection of fine wines.
- The Grand Staircase is a signature feature of the Atrium's Lobby level marked by a floor-ceiling wire art pillar of crystals.
- Martinis Bar is also redesigned, with plenty of comfortable seating (2-seat couches and armchairs), custom-designed sculptural lighting casts, a grand piano (for live performances in the evenings).
- The Grand Lounge features plenty of cozy alcoves (furnished with angled sectional sofas and armchairs), a gold-infused color palette, custom-designed sculptural lighting, contemporary artworks.
- Horizons (observation lounge & bar) is designed with wraparound floor-ceiling windows, a central circular bar (with high chairs), plenty of seating (mainly 4-seat round tables with armchairs) and provides white-glove Afternoon Tea service and live musical performances.
- Pool Deck features a rectangular swimming pool flanked by two large Jacuzzis (outdoor whirlpool hot tubs)and surrounded by a sunbathing space with padded loungers and small tables. The pool's sundeck area is on two decks - the lower level has the pool and sun loungers, while the upper level also has umbrella-covered outdoor wicker furniture (daybeds and deckchairs).
New dining options (9) will be exclusive to the Oceania Vista ship (Allura Class). Details on the new culinary experiences, as well as on the boat's public spaces and staterooms will be revealed in the coming months.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Such as her sister ships Marina and Riviera, Oceania ship Vista sports some of cruising's most palatial rooms, featuring furnishings from Ralph Lauren Home and layouts by Dakota Jackson of New York and S.B. Long designers of Greenwich, Connecticut. The cruise liner also has a Lalique-designed grand lobby, ten restaurants and many bars and lounges. Amenities include a full-service Canyon Ranch SpaClub, Bon Appetit Culinary Center (for demos and cooking classes), and the La Reserve by Wine Spectator wine bar lounge.
Follows the complete list of lounges, clubs, and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Riviera Lounge (main showroom/theatre for live evening entertainment and themed dancing parties; hosts daily trivia quizzes, lectures and presentations)
- The Casino (operates with USD bets; served by the Casino Bar)
- Martinis (a piano bar serving a variety of Martinis)
- Three Boutiques (duty-free perfumes, jewellery, Oceania-logo merchandise, clothes, gifts, convenience goods)
- Upper Hall lounge area (with grand piano for live performances; served by the Martinis Bar)
- Grand Bar (wine bar; hosts wine tastings; served by Baristas making complimentary illy beverages)
- Concierge Lounge (Concierge Level and Suite guests lounge)
- Executive Lounge (Concierge-Level Balcony and Suite guests)
- Artist Loft (educational centre for Oceania Cruises’ enrichment programmes)
- Riviera Wellness Center (includes a Spa Terrace, Spa Whirlpool, Steam Rooms, Treatment Rooms, Styling Salon, Canyon Ranch Spa Club, Fitness/Gym, and Boardroom (cards playing and board games; Canyon Ranch Spa Club treatments include: Acupuncture, Ayurveda, Healing Energy, Body Wraps and Scrubs, Skin Care, Tanning, Massages and Exotic Treatments.)
- Oceania@Sea (24-hour Internet computers room; Private lessons/group classes are also provided)
- Pool area (with one swimming pool, two Whirlpools, sunbathing area and a Band Stand; served by the Waves Bar)
- Sanctuary (outdoor shaded area with loungers)
- The Patio (outdoor shaded lounge with chairs, daybeds, sofas)
- Baristas (patisserie & speciality coffee bar serving illy coffees, complimentary)
- Horizons (Lounge & Bar served by the Horizons Bar; has floor-ceiling windows, live entertainment, full bar; also serves Afternoon Tea; becomes a nightclub at night)
- Fitness Track (Power Walking/Jogging Track); Promenade (on Deck 6)
- The Library (1000+ books of which many port-destination guide books); Board Room
- Sun Deck (served by the Polo Bar; has sunloungers, showers, deck games - Shuffleboard, Golf Driving Net, 9-hole Mini-Golf putting greens, tennis court).
Oceania Vista - user reviews and comments
Photos of Oceania VistaAdd Photo
Oceania Vista ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Oceania Cruises introduced the signature bars, lounges, and wellness facilities of Oceania Vista, the first of a couple of new 1,200-passenger Allura...May 23, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Oceania Cruises named "VISTA" the first of 2 new 1200-passenger Allura Class ships that are being constructed by Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri. The...March 16, 2021
- Cruise Industry
The shipowner NCLH (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd) today announced a shipbuilding order for two Oceania Cruises newbuilds. Both vessels are...January 8, 2019
- show more news
Other Oceania Cruises cruise ships
Oceania Vista Wiki
On January 8, 2019, the shipowner NCLH (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd) announced a shipbuilding order with Fincantieri for two units planned for Oceania Cruises. Both vessels are of the new Allura-Class - the next stage of the fleet expansion project OceaniaNEXT. The new boats are designed and built by Fincantieri (in Ancona Italy), with scheduled deliveries in 2023 (Vista) and 2025 (TBN).
The 67000 GT-ton Allura-Class ships have capacity ~1200 passengers plus 800 staff-crew. These are new class mid-sized cruise vessels similar in design and amenities to Oceania’s 2011-2012 newbuilds Riviera and Marina. The contract price for each of the newbuilds is ~EUR 575 million (per unit). NCLH obtained export credit financing with favorable terms to fund 80% of the total contract price, subject to certain Italian government approvals. As of 2019, NCLH had 10 cruise ships on order and planned for deliveries through 2027. Of those, 7 units were for NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line, 2 for Oceania, 1 for RSSC-Regent.
Oceania Vista User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review