Specifications of Oceania Vista
|Year built||2023 new ship|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Ancona, Italy)|
|Building cost||EUR 575 million (USD 680 million)|
|Owner||(NCLH) Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd|
|Operator||Oceania Cruises Inc|
|Speed||20 kn / 37 kph / 23 mph|
|Length (LOA)||251 m / 823 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||67000 gt|
|Decks with cabins||9|
|Sister-ships||Oceania Marina, Oceania Riviera|
Oceania Vista Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2023 Apr 14||12 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Barcelona||Civitavecchia-Rome|
|2023 Apr 26||10 days, one-way from Barcelona to Lisbon||Barcelona||$8099|
|2023 May 06||14 days, one-way from Lisbon to Venice||Lisbon|
|2023 May 20||12 days, one-way from Venice to Piraeus-Athens||Venice|
|2023 Jun 01||10 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Istanbul||Piraeus-Athens||$7299|
|2023 Jun 11||14 days, one-way from Istanbul to Civitavecchia-Rome||Istanbul|
|2023 Jun 25||10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Piraeus-Athens||Civitavecchia-Rome||$5499|
|2023 Jul 05||10 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Venice||Piraeus-Athens||$7399|
|2023 Jul 15||10 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia-Rome||Venice|
|2023 Jul 25||24 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Southampton||Civitavecchia-Rome|
|2023 Jul 25||10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Barcelona||Civitavecchia-Rome||$5399|
|2023 Aug 04||14 days, one-way from Barcelona to Southampton||Barcelona|
|2023 Aug 18||12 days, round-trip British Isles Splendors London to London||Southampton|
|2023 Aug 30||18 days, one-way from Southampton to New York||Southampton|
|2023 Sep 18||11 days, one-way from New York to Montreal||New York|
|2023 Sep 29||15 days, one-way from Montreal to Miami||Montreal|
|2023 Oct 16||16 days, one-way from Miami to Los Angeles||Miami|
|2023 Nov 03||16 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Miami||Los Angeles|
Oceania Vista Review
Review of Oceania Vista
The 2023-built (currently under construction) Oceania Vista cruise ship is the first of two "Allura Class" 1200-passenger ships sisters to Marina and Riviera. The newbuild will be Oceania's fleet 7th member. The boat is constructed by the Italian shipbuilding company Fincantieri in Ancona Italy and scheduled for inauguration in 2023 April. The sistership (second Allura Class vessel) will be launched in 2025.
History - construction and ownership
Oceania Cruises is a US passenger shipping company and luxury travel brand owned by NCLH-Norwegian (shipowner), Between April 2007 and September 2014, the company (as part of "Prestige Cruise Holdings") was owned by Apollo Management LP - one of the world's largest private investment equity funds. Since September 2014, Oceania and the sister company RSSC-Regent are owned by NCLH - acquired at the total cost of USD 3 billion. Oceania ships offer luxury cruises with relatively shorter itineraries, as well as Around The World voyages up to 180 days in length.
Decks and Cabins
Oceania Vista staterooms (629 total in 17 grades/based on the sisterships' design) include 147 Suites, 444 Balcony, 20 Oceanview, 18 Interior. Most (94%) are the 240 ft2 / 22 m2 sized Balcony cabins. The largest passenger accommodations are the aft-facing Owners Suites (1335 ft2 / 124 m2 plus 665 ft2 / 62 m2 wraparound terrace).
The boat has 15 decks, of which 11 are passenger-accessible and 6 with cabins.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Oceania Cruises Vista ship has four reservations-only / specialty restaurants, plus a Lido Buffet restaurant and casual food bars. Specialty restaurants come with no additional charge but require reservations for dinner. The Jacques Restaurant (by celebrity chef Jacques Pepin) as design resembles a French bistro and focuses on traditional French cuisine specialties. The other restaurants are Polo Grill (steakhouse), Toscana (Mediterranean), Red Ginger (Asian), Grand Dining Room.
Follows the complete list of Oceania Vista restaurants and food bars.
- The Grand Dining Room (2-decks high MDR) offers an expanded menu (with new items from Chef Jacques Pepin), daily-changing appetizers, soups, salads, entrees.
- Red Ginger is a pan-Asian specialty restaurant with a 5-course "tasting" and a-la-carte priced menus. Menu items include Spicy Roast Duck, Beef Rendang, Thai Sweet Potato Curry.
- Jacques (124-seat complimentary dinner restaurant, reservations-only, offers French food by chef Pepin)
- Grand Dining Room (340-seat complimentary restaurant for open-seating Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, offers French-inspired dishes, menus are changed daily)
- Waves Grill is a casual fast-food bar serving the Pool Deck with made-to-order daily specialties and gourmet gelato/fresh-made ice cream. On offer are burgers with sides of fresh-made salads, coleslaw, hand-cut fries.
- Terrace Cafe & Bar is a complimentary, casual buffet restaurant open for Breakfast-Lunch-Dinner (daily changing menus), with both indoor and outdoor sitting. Terrace Bar also doubles as a small Pizzeria. In the evenings, Terrace Cafe transforms into "Tapas On The Terrace" restaurant serving traditional Mediterranean food.
- Culinary Center facilitates cooking classes and demos, and also hosts "Gourmet Explorer Series" which consists of 20 new cooking classes. The "La Technique" is an exclusive cooking class focusing on Jaques Pepin's techniques. The Culinary Center Dining Room is a VIP restaurant bookable for private dinners or exclusive food-and-wine pairing.
- La Reserve (24-seats) is a wine bar at surcharge, offering wine tastings and a 7-course dinner menu.
- Toscana (96-seats) is a complimentary Italian restaurant (dinner-only, reservations-only), complimentary offering traditional Italian food. The menu includes items like Octopus/Truffle Carpaccio with Champagne Vinaigrette, Artichoke-Parmesan Timbale with Black Truffle Sauce, Homemade Gnocchi with Pesto, Lobster Risotto, Pan-Fried Sea Bass.
- Polo Grill (98-seats) is a complimentary Steakhouse restaurant but reservations are required. All beef-based dishes are with 28-day dry-aged (USDA-certified) Black Angus Prime Beef. The menu also includes premium seafood (like Grilled Swordfish and Maine Lobster Au Gratin).
- Privee is a small-capacity (10-seats) private dining room available for booking at USD 1000 (for the entire room). The gourmet dishes are part of Oceania's Chef's Table experience, with a 7-course dinner menu.
In October 2015, Oceania Cruises announced a plan to combine the "Toscana" and "Polo" restaurants into the new "Tuscan Steak" (steakhouse and seafood restaurant). The new venue's design is marked by quality wood paneling decorated with platinum and silver. Its dinner menu includes items like "Bistecca Alla Fiorentina", "Maine Lobster & Shrimp Fra Diavol", "Tuscan Porterhouse Steak", Oceania's signature pork chops "Iberico de Bellota". At the entrance, there is a wine cellar with a selection of fine wines.
- The Grand Staircase is a signature feature of the Atrium's Lobby level marked by a floor-ceiling wire art pillar of crystals.
- Martinis Bar is also redesigned, with plenty of comfortable seating (2-seat couches and armchairs), custom-designed sculptural lighting casts, a grand piano (for live performances in the evenings).
- The Grand Lounge features plenty of cozy alcoves (furnished with angled sectional sofas and armchairs), a gold-infused color palette, custom-designed sculptural lighting, contemporary artworks.
- Horizons (observation lounge & bar) is designed with wraparound floor-ceiling windows, a central circular bar (with high chairs), plenty of seating (mainly 4-seat round tables with armchairs) and provides white-glove Afternoon Tea service and live musical performances.
- Pool Deck features a rectangular swimming pool flanked by two large Jacuzzis (outdoor whirlpool hot tubs)and surrounded by a sunbathing space with padded loungers and small tables. The pool's sundeck area is on two decks - the lower level has the pool and sun loungers, while the upper level also has umbrella-covered outdoor wicker furniture (daybeds and deckchairs).
New dining options (9) are exclusive to the Oceania Cruises Vista ship (Allura Class). Details on the new culinary experiences, as well as on the boat's public spaces and staterooms are to be gradually revealed in the coming months.
- Ember Restaurant offers American cuisine specialties for lunch and dinner, with menu items like Braised Short Beef Ribs with Creamy Parmezan Polenta, Grilled Swordfish Steak with Seasoned Asparagus, Thai Crab Cakes with Aioli Sauce, Smoked Chicken Cobb Salad with Avocado Dressing, among others
- Aquamar Kitchen offers more wellness-themed (organic) food, with healthy- and vegiteraian menu items. For Breakfast are offered raw/cold-pressed smoothies and fresh juices, homemade healthy granolas, avocado toasts, veggie power bowls, breakfast burritos/wraps. For Lunch are offered Slow-Roasted Salmon with Quinoa-Tabbouleh-Tahini Sauce, Grilled Yellowfin Tacos with Cabbage Slaw, Fried Chicken Sandwiches (on fresh-baked whole grain buns).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Such as her sister ships Marina and Riviera, Oceania ship Vista sports some of cruising's most palatial rooms, featuring furnishings from Ralph Lauren Home and layouts by Dakota Jackson of New York and S.B. Long designers of Greenwich, Connecticut. The cruise liner also has a Lalique-designed grand lobby, ten restaurants and many bars and lounges. Amenities include a full-service Canyon Ranch SpaClub, Bon Appetit Culinary Center (for demos and cooking classes), and the La Reserve by Wine Spectator wine bar lounge.
Follows the complete list of lounges, clubs, and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Riviera Lounge (main showroom/theatre for live evening entertainment and themed dancing parties; hosts daily trivia quizzes, lectures and presentations)
- The Casino (operates with USD bets; served by the Casino Bar)
- Martinis (a piano bar serving a variety of Martinis)
- Three Boutiques (duty-free perfumes, jewelry, Oceania-logo merchandise, clothes, gifts, convenience goods)
- Upper Hall lounge area (with grand piano for live performances; served by the Martinis Bar)
- Grand Bar (wine bar) hosts wine tastings and is served by Baristas (making complimentary illy beverages).
- Baristas Bar is the ship's patisserie/brand coffee bar served by certified professionals.
- Concierge Lounge (Concierge Level and Suite guests lounge)
- Executive Lounge (Concierge-Level Balcony and Suite guests)
- Artist Loft (educational center for Oceania Cruises’ enrichment programs)
- Riviera Wellness Center (includes a Spa Terrace, Spa Whirlpool, Steam Rooms, Treatment Rooms, Styling Salon, Canyon Ranch Spa Club, Fitness/Gym, and Boardroom (cards playing and board games; Canyon Ranch Spa Club treatments include: Acupuncture, Ayurveda, Healing Energy, Body Wraps and Scrubs, Skin Care, Tanning, Massages and Exotic Treatments.)
- Oceania@Sea (24-hour Internet computers room; Private lessons/group classes are also provided)
- Pool area (with one swimming pool, two Whirlpools, sunbathing area and a Band Stand; served by the Waves Bar)
- Sanctuary (outdoor shaded area with loungers)
- The Patio (outdoor shaded lounge with chairs, daybeds, sofas)
- Baristas (patisserie & specialty coffee bar serving illy coffees, complimentary)
- Horizons (Lounge & Bar served by the Horizons Bar; has floor-ceiling windows, live entertainment, full bar; also serves Afternoon Tea; becomes a nightclub at night)
- Fitness Track (Power Walking/Jogging Track); Promenade (on Deck 6)
- The Library (1000+ books of which many port-destination guide books, Ralph Lauren Home furniture and accessories); Board Room
- Sun Deck (served by the Polo Bar; has sunloungers, showers, deck games - Shuffleboard, Golf Driving Net, 9-hole Mini-Golf putting greens, tennis court).
Oceania Vista itinerary program was officially announced on September 9, 2021. Sales/bookings opened on September 16th. Oceania Vista's Maiden Voyage is currently scheduled for April 14, 2023 (12-day Civitavecchia-Rome to Barcelona). The lowest fares ranged between USD 5300-32200 (EUR 4520-27460 / GBP 3860-23440) per person with double occupancy.
The boat's inaugural cruise season starts with Mediterranean itineraries. In Sept 2021 were announced a total of 18 voyages visiting 24 countries (on 4 continents), premium sea travel destinations (Spanish-French-Italian rivieras, Adriatic/Dalmatian Coast, Greek Islands, Holy Land/Israel, Canary Islands, Iberia/Spain and Portugal, British Isles, Caribbean, Central America, Panama Canal), port city overnights (Lisbon, Venice, Istanbul, Haifa-Jerusalem, Bordeaux, Montreal, NYC), small ports (Vendres, Bodrum, Kavala, Bozcaada Island, Chania Crete, Killybegs Ireland, Shelburne Nova Scotia, Martha's Vineyard Island MA USA, Corinto Nicaragua).
Cruise schedule 2023
Next are listed the new ship's inaugural voyages as dates and call ports.
- (April 14) 12-day Maiden Voyage from Civitavecchia-Rome to Barcelona, visits Sorrento, Messina Sicily, Valletta Malta, Livorno, Monte Carlo Monaco, Toulon France, Port-Vendres, Palma de Mallorca (Balearic Spain), Ibiza Town, Valencia.
- (April 26) 10-day from Barcelona to Lisbon, visits Alicante, Malaga, Canaries (Arrecife, Tenerife, Gran Canaria), Tangier Morocco, Lisbon (overnight).
- (May 6) 14-day from Lisbon to Venice, visits Cadiz-Sevilla, Malaga, Cartagena, Palma de Mallorca, Barcelona, Marseille, Monte Carlo, Civitavecchia-Rome, Sorrento, Messina Sicily, Dubrovnik Croatia, Venice (overnight).
- (May 20) 12-day from Venice to Athens-Piraeus, visits Split Croatia, Bari, Kotor Montenegro, Mykonos Island, Kavala, Istanbul (overnight), Kusadasi-Ephesus, Rhodes Island, Santorini Island.
- (June 1) 10-day from Piraeus-Athens to Istanbul, visits Santorini Island, Heraklion Crete, Bodrum, Antalya, Limassol Cyprus, Rhodes Island-, Kusadasi-Ephesus, Bozcaada Island, Istanbul (overnight)
- (June 11) 14-day from Istanbul to Rome-Civitavecchia, visits Istanbul (overnight), Izmir, Santorini island, Rhodes Island, Limassol Cyprus, Haifa-Jerusalem (overnight), Chania Crete, Kefalonia Island, Giardini-Naxos Sicily, Salerno.
- (June 25) 10-day from Civitavecchia-Rome to Athens-Piraeus, visits Naples, Messina Sicily, Valletta Malta, Mykonos Island, Istanbul (overnight), Kusadasi-Ephesus, Santorini Island.
- (July 5) 10-day from Piraeus-Athens to Venice, visits Mykonos Island, Istanbul (overnight), Kusadasi-Ephesus, Corfu Island, Kotor Montenegro, Dubrovnik Croatia, Venice (overnight).
- (July 15) 10-day from Venice to Rome-Civitavecchia, visits Croatia (Split, Dubrovnik), Piraeus-Athens, Mykonos Island, Santorini Island, Kefalonia Island, Giardini-Naxos Sicily, Salerno.
- (July 25) 10-day from Civitavecchia-Rome to Barcelona, visits Naples, Messina Sicily, Valletta Malta, Livorno, Monte Carlo Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Marseille, Palma de Mallorca.
- (August 4) 14-day from Barcelona to London-Southampton, visits Malaga, Tangier Morocco, Cadiz-Seville, Lisbon (overnight), Porto-Leixoes, La Coruna Galicia, Bilbao, Bordeaux (overnight), Saint-Malo.
- (August 18) 12-day roundtrip from Southampton, visits Leith-Edinburgh, Kirkwall Orkney, Stornoway (Isle of Lewis and Harris), Greenock-Glasgow, Belfast Irland, Liverpool, Dublin Ireland, Holyhead (Isle of Anglesey, Wales), Waterford Ireland, Isle of Portland.
- (August 30) 18-day Transatlantic from Southampton-London to NYC New York, visits Le Havre-Paris, Saint-Malo, Torbay England, Ireland (Cobh-Cork, Belfast, Dublin, Killybegs), St Johns NL Canada, Saint Pierre & Miquelon Islands, Saint John NB Canada, USA (Bar Harbor ME, Boston MA, Newport RI).
- (September 18) 11-day from NYC to Montreal, visits Newport, Boston, Bar Harbor, St John, Shelburne NS, Sydney NS, Saguenay, Quebec City, Montreal (overnight).
- (September 29) 15-day from Montreal to Miami starts with an overnight in Montreal, then visits Quebec City, Saguenay, Sydney NS, Shelburne NS, Bar Harbor ME, Portland ME, Martha's Vineyard Island, NYC (overnight), Charleston SC.
- 16-day Panama Canal cruises (October 16/ Miami to Los Angeles, November 3/LA to Miami) visit Grand Cayman Island, Cartagena Colombia, Puntarenas Costa Rica, Corinto Nicaragua, Puerto Quetzal Guatemala, Mexico (Acapulco, Cabo San Lucas, Ensenada).
Oceania Vista - user reviews and comments
Photos of Oceania VistaAdd Photo
Oceania Vista ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
The NCLH-owned Oceania Cruises announced a single-day booking record that beat the company's previous record from March 2021 by ~60%. While the...September 18, 2021
- Cruise Industry
On September 9th, the NCLH-owned premium travel brand Oceania Cruises announced the inaugural itineraries on the fleet's newest ship Vista. The...September 10, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Oceania Cruises introduced the signature bars, lounges, and wellness facilities of Oceania Vista, the first of a couple of new 1,200-passenger Allura...May 23, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Oceania Cruises named "VISTA" the first of 2 new 1200-passenger Allura Class ships that are being constructed by Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri. The...March 16, 2021
- Cruise Industry
The shipowner NCLH (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd) today announced a shipbuilding order for two Oceania Cruises newbuilds. Both vessels are...January 8, 2019
- show more news
Other Oceania Cruises cruise ships
Oceania Vista Wiki
On January 8, 2019, the shipowner NCLH (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd) announced a shipbuilding order with Fincantieri for two units planned for Oceania Cruises. Both vessels are of the new Allura-Class - the next stage of the fleet expansion project OceaniaNEXT. The new boats are designed and built by Fincantieri (in Ancona Italy), with scheduled deliveries in 2023 (Vista) and 2025 (TBN).
The 67000 GT-ton Allura-Class ships have capacity ~1200 passengers plus 800 staff-crew. These are new class mid-sized cruise vessels similar in design and amenities to Oceania's 2011-2012 newbuilds Riviera and Marina. The contract price for each of the newbuilds is ~EUR 575 million (per unit). NCLH obtained export credit financing with favorable terms to fund 80% of the total contract price, subject to certain Italian government approvals. As of 2019, NCLH had 10 cruise ships on order and planned for deliveries through 2027. Of those, 7 units were for NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line, 2 for Oceania, 1 for RSSC-Regent.
Oceania Vista vessel (hull/yard number 6308) is currently scheduled for delivery on November 30, 2022.
Inaugural cruise itineraries 2023
Next tables show the boat's maiden voyage and inaugural itineraries (as destinations) scheduled for 2023.
(MAIDEN VOYAGE) 12-day from Rome to Barcelona
|Date / Time||Port|
|14 Apr 19:00||Departing from Civitavecchia-Rome, Italy|
|15 Apr 07:00 - 18:00||Sorrento, Italy|
|16 Apr 08:00 - 19:00||Messina, Sicily Italy|
|17 Apr 08:00 - 18:00||Valletta, Malta|
|19 Apr 08:00 - 21:00||Livorno, Italy|
|20 Apr 08:00 - 22:00||Monte Carlo, Monaco|
|21 Apr 08:00 - 18:00||Toulon-La Seyne-sur-Mer, France|
|22 Apr 08:00 - 17:00||Port-Vendres, France|
|23 Apr 08:00 - 21:00||Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Island, Balearic Spain|
|24 Apr 08:00 - 23:00||Ibiza, Ibiza Island, Balearic Spain|
|25 Apr 08:00 - 18:00||Valencia, Spain|
|26 Apr 08:00||Arriving in Barcelona, Spain|
(Atlantic coastal relocation from the Mediterranean to the UK) 14-day from Barcelona to Southampton
|Date / Time||Port|
|04 Aug 21:00||Departing from Barcelona|
|06 Aug 08:00 - 22:00||Malaga, Spain Granada|
|07 Aug 07:00 - 18:00||Tangier, Morocco|
|08 Aug 07:00 - 18:00||Cadiz-Sevilla, Spain|
|09 Aug 12:00 - 10 Aug 17:00 (overnight)||Lisbon, Portugal|
|11 Aug 08:00 - 17:00||Porto-Leixoes/Oporto City, Portugal|
|12 Aug 09:00 - 17:00||La Coruna, Spain Galicia|
|13 Aug 09:00 - 17:00||Bilbao, Spain Biscay Basque Country|
|14 Aug 08:00 - 15 Aug 17:00 (overnight)||Bordeaux, France|
|17 Aug 09:00 - 18:00||Saint-Malo, France|
|18 Aug 08:00||Arriving in Southampton, England|
(inaugural Transatlantic crossing from Europe to the USA) 18-day from Southampton to New York
|Date / Time||Port|
|30 Aug 21:00||Departing from Southampton|
|31 Aug 07:00 - 21:00||Le Havre-Paris, France|
|01 Sep 09:00 - 18:00||Saint-Malo, France|
|02 Sep 07:00 - 17:00||Torbay, England|
|03 Sep 09:00 - 18:00||Cobh-Cork, Ireland|
|04 Sep 10:00 - 22:00||Belfast, Northern Ireland|
|05 Sep 07:00 - 16:00||Dublin, Ireland|
|06 Sep 09:00 - 17:00||Killybegs, Ireland|
|10 Sep 10:00 - 19:00||St Johns, Newfoundland-Labrador Canada|
|11 Sep 09:00 - 18:00||Saint Pierre and Miquelon Islands, France|
|13 Sep 08:00 - 22:00||Saint John, New Brunswick Canada|
|14 Sep 08:00 - 18:00||Bar Harbor, Maine|
|15 Sep 07:00 - 16:00||Boston, Massachusetts|
|16 Sep 10:00 - 18:00||Newport, Rhode Island|
|17 Sep 08:00||Arriving in NYC New York|
(inaugural Caraibbean and Panama Canal transit) 16-day from Miami to Los Angeles
|Date / Time||Port|
|16 Oct 18:00||Departing from Miami, Florida|
|18 Oct 09:00 - 17:00||George Town, Grand Cayman Island|
|20 Oct 07:00 - 14:00||Cartagena Colombia|
|21 Oct||Panama Canal|
|23 Oct 07:00 - 17:00||Puerto Caldera-Puntarenas, Costa Rica|
|24 Oct 10:00 - 19:00||Corinto, Nicaragua|
|25 Oct 10:00 - 20:00||Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala|
|27 Oct 07:00 - 17:00||Acapulco, Guerrero Mexico|
|29 Oct 08:00 - 17:00||Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Mexico|
|31 Oct 10:00 - 19:00||Ensenada, Baja California Mexico|
|01 Nov 08:00||Arriving in Los Angeles, California|
Oceania Vista User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review