Oceania Marina Review and Specifications
Specifications of Oceania Marina
|Year built||2011 / Age : 7|
|Flag state||Marshall Islands|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Sestri Ponente, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 500 million|
|Owner||(NCLH) Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd|
|Speed||20 kn / 37 kph / 23 mph|
|Length (LOA)||251 m / 823 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||66084 gt|
|Passengers||1258 - 1447|
|Decks with cabins||6|
|Christened by||Mary Hart|
Current itinerary of Oceania Marina
Oceania Marina current cruise is 21 days, one-way from Venice to Barcelona. The itinerary starts on 26 Oct, 2018 and ends on 16 Nov, 2018.
|Date / Time||Port|
|26 Oct 23:00||Departing from Venice, Italy|
|27 Oct 08:00 - 18:00||Ravenna, Italy|
|28 Oct 08:00 - 17:00||Zadar, Croatia|
|29 Oct 10:00 - 19:00||Kotor, Montenegro|
|30 Oct 08:00 - 16:00||Corfu Island, Kerkyra, Greece|
|31 Oct 08:00 - 18:00||Messina, Sicily, Italy|
|01 Nov 08:00 - 18:00||Naples, Italy|
|02 Nov 05:00 - 18:00||Civitavecchia, Rome, Italy|
|03 Nov 08:00 - 18:00||Portofino, Italy|
|04 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Porto Cervo, Sardinia, Italy|
|05 Nov 09:00 - 23:00||Bandol, France Riviera|
|06 Nov 08:00 - 20:00||Toulon, France Riviera|
|07 Nov 08:00 - 22:00||Saint-Tropez, France Riviera|
|08 Nov 08:00 - 10 Nov 06:00||Monte Carlo, Monaco|
|10 Nov 09:00 - 19:00||Antibes, France Riviera|
|11 Nov 08:00 - 20:00||Portofino, Italy|
|12 Nov 07:00 - 20:00||Livorno, Florence-Pisa, Italy|
|13 Nov 07:00 - 15:00||Ajaccio, Corsica, France|
|14 Nov 12:00 - 22:00||Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Island, Spain|
|15 Nov 09:00 - 19:00||Valencia, Spain|
|16 Nov 08:00||Arriving in Barcelona, Spain|
Review of Oceania Marina
Launched in 2011, Oceania Marina cruise ship is one of company's newest, with sistership Riviera. Both liners were constructed in Italy and designed by the Norwegian marine architecture company "Petter Yran and Bjorn Storbratten".
History - construction and ownership
Oceania Cruises is an US company, and brand owned by NCL Norwegian (shipowner), Between April 2007 and September 2014, the company (as part of "Prestige Cruise Holdings") was owned by Apollo Management LP - one of the world's largest private investment equity funds. Since September 2014, Oceania and the sister company Regent Seven Seas Cruises are owned by NCL, acquired at the total cost of USD 3 billion. Oceania ships offer luxury cruises with relatively shorter itineraries, as well as Around The World voyages up to 180 days in length.
The 66,084-ton, 1,258-passenger cruise ship Marina debuted in January 2011 as the first new-build of Oceania Cruises. Shiny, large and chic, Marina marks a huge step forward for the upper-premium line.
Cruise itinerary program
Marina itinerary program is based on luxury world cruises to exotic destinations in the South Pacific, (sailing out of Australia, New Zealand, French Polynesia), South America, Canada/New England, Europe (Mediterranean, Canary Islands, Baltic). Oceania Marina offers Panama Canal transits and transatlantic repositioning crossings.
Oceania Marina has a total of 629 cabins (of which 147 Suite, 444 Balcony, 18 Inside rooms) in 17 grades. Most Marina staterooms (94%) are 235-sq.foot Balcony rooms. The largest aboard Marina are the Owner’s Suites (1335 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Marina offers four reservations-only restaurants, plus a buffet restaurant and casual snack spots. Specialty restaurants come with no additional charge but require reservations. The most high-profile of all is Jacques, the first restaurant ever created, on land or sea, by celebrity chef Jacques Pepin. Jacques is designed with the feel of a French bistro and focuses on traditional French cuisine. Other specialty restaurants include the Polo Grill steakhouse and the Mediterranean Toscana - both carry-overs from the earlier ships of the line, and Red Ginger, which is an excellent pan-Asian spot.
Follows the complete list of Marina restaurants and food bars.
- Red Ginger (feng shui Asia specialty restaurant with a 5-course “tasting” and a la carte menu)
- Jacques (124-seat complimentary dinner restaurant, reservations-only; features French cuisine by chef Pepin)
- Grand Dining Room (complimentary 340-seat restaurant for open seating Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner; offers French-inspired dishes, and menus change daily)
- Waves Grill (casual dining fastfood bar; serves the pool deck area with made-to-order daily specialties and gelato icecream)
- Terrace Cafe & Bar (casual buffet restaurant, complimentary; open for breakfast and lunch; features indoor and outdoor sitting areas; the Terrace Bar serves as a small pizzeria as well; the Terrace Cafe transforms into “Tapas On The Terrace” at night serving traditional Mediterranean cuisine)
- Culinary Center (for cooking classes and demos; hosts the “Gourmet Explorer Series” which consist of 20 new cooking classes; there is also "La Technique" - an exclusive cooking class focusing on the techniques of master chef Chef Jaques Pepin.
- La Reserve (24-seat wine bar at surcharge; offers wine tastings and a 7-course dinner menu)
- Toscana (96-seat Italian fine dining restaurant, dinner-only, reservations-only, complimentary; offers traditional Italian cuisine)
- Polo Grill (96-seat Steakhouse restaurant, complimentary; reservations required)
- Privee (a limited capacity private dining room, between Toscana and Polo, 10-seat, charge $1000 for the entire room; features Chef’s Table and 7-course gourmet menu)
- In October 2015, Oceania announced its plan to combine the Toscana and Polo Grill specialty restaurants into a new venue - “Tuscan Steak”, with quality wood paneling decorated with platinum and silver. The gourmet dinner menu of the new restaurant includes items, such as “Bistecca alla Fiorentina”, “Maine Lobster & Shrimp Fra Diavol”, “Tuscan Porterhouse Steak”, and the signature pork chops of Oceania Cruises “Iberico de Bellota”. At the entrance there is a wine cellar with a selection of fine wines.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Much of the inspiration for the layout of Marina came from such high-end establishments as Miami's Mondrian Hotel, the Palm Court at NYC's Plaza Hotel and Bouchon dining venue in Napa. Marina cruise ship is not a true luxury vessel; her cruises sell at a more moderate price point and are considerably less inclusive. Cruisers should bring out their wallets for a range of fares charged a la carte, from cocktails to enrichment programs and facilities.
Follows the complete list of Marina lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Marina Lounge (main show room/theater for live evening entertainment and themed dancing parties; hosts daily trivia quizzes, lectures and presentations)
- The Casino (operates with USD bets; served by the Casino Bar)
- Martinis (piano bar serving a variety of Martinis)
- Three Boutiques (duty-free perfumes, jewelry, Oceania-logo merchandise, clothes, gifts, convenience goods)
- Upper Hall lounge area (with grand piano for live performances; served by the Martinis Bar)
- Grand Bar (wine bar; hosts wine tastings; served by Baristas making complimentary illy beverages)
- Concierge Lounge (Concierge Level and Suite guests lounge)
- Executive Lounge (Concierge Level Balcony and Suite guests)
- Artist Loft (educational center for Oceania Cruises’ enrichment programmes)
- Marina Wellness Center (includes a Spa Terrace, Spa Whirlpool, Steam Rooms, Treatment Rooms, Styling Salon, Canyon Ranch Spa Club, Fitness/Gym, and Boardroom (cards playing and board games; Canyon Ranch Spa Club treatments include: Acupuncture, Ayurveda, Healing Energy, Body Wraps and Scrubs, Skin Care, Tanning, Massages and Exotic Treatments.)
- Oceania@Sea (24-hour Internet computers room; Private lessons/group classes are also provided)
- Pool area (with one swimming pool, two Whirlpools, sunbathing area and a Band Stand; served by the Waves Bar)
- Sanctuary (outdoor shaded area with loungers)
- The Patio (outdoor shaded lounge with chairs, daybeds, sofas)
- Baristas (patisserie & specialty coffee bar serving illy coffees, complimentary)
- Horizons (Lounge & Bar served by the Horizons Bar; has floor-ceiling windows, live entertainment, full bar; also serves Afternoon Tea; becomes a nightclub at night)
- Fitness Track (Power Walking/Jogging Track), Promenade (Deck 6)
- The Library (1000+ books of which many port-destination guide books); Board Room
- Sun Deck (served by the Polo Bar; has sunloungers, showers, deck games - Shuffleboard, Golf Driving Net, 9-hole Mini-Golf putting greens, paddle tennis).
Oceania Marina wiki
- Oceania Marina ship is the first of the line's two newbuilt vessels. Her sister and fleetmate is ms Riviera.
- On September 2, 2014, the NCL Norwegian company purchased the company "Prestige Cruise Holdings" (owner of Oceania and RSSC-Regent Seven Seas Cruises) for USD 3,025 billion, thus becoming the official owner of all vessels in both fleets.
- The line's owner NCL Norwegian received government's permission to operate cruises to Cuba from the USA, with three Oceania ships - Marina (starting in the end of 2016), Regatta (starting in 2017) and Insignia (Nov-Dec 2017). Oceania ships operated a variety of itineraries, including circumnavigation of Cuba (with stops in ports Cienfuegos and Havana) and also visiting Cuba as part of some Panama Canal transition cruises.
- The Apollo Group company provides all Oceania ships with the entire onboard hotel product and services. This includes administration, food staff (preparation and serving), housekeeping staff, also the vessel's provisioning and crewing. Other cruise lines served by Apollo are Thomson UK (Marella Cruises) and RSSC Regent Seven Seas.
Oceania Marina 2020 refurbishment review
Ship's drydock refurbishment in May 2020 (by company's OceaniaNEXT project) will result in several deckplan changes (details soon to be announced). What is known so far is adding a new cabin category (Owner Suite) designed by Trevor R. Howells (Los Angeles-based interior design firm).
- Owner Suites are 2-room cabins furnished with Ralph Lauren Home furniture. Color scheme is white-navy blue-camel-creme. Upholstery and fabrics are in melange (stripes and solids), with pops in silver-gold-metallic.
- Suite's foyer features premium wood paneling and stone flooring (limestone, black cabochon). The in-cabin bar is mahogany and with a quartzite stone top.
- Suite's living room has floor-ceiling windows, Grimaldi-weave sail white fabrics, self-playing piano (made from polished ebony - black hardwood), sectional sofa (with navy blue cushions), mahogany lounge chair.
- Suite's dining room has a Mayfair table and Barrett Medium Knurled chandelier (natural brass).
- Master bedroom has King-size bed, Mayfair Bergere armchairs, nickel-trimmed lighting.
- Suite's wraparound balcony is premium teak-floored and fitted with custom-made (by Ralph Lauren) outdoor lounge furniture.
Oceania Marina - user reviews and comments
Photos of Oceania MarinaAdd Photo
Oceania Marina ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Oceania Cruises unveiled the first of many enhancements coming to line's 1,250-passenger ships Marina and Riviera: a new generation of Owner's Suites...October 11, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Luxury cruise line Oceania expanded its vegan offerings onboard all 6 of its ships, making the company one of the most vegan-friendly on the high...July 2, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings was close to getting permission to cruise to Cuba, company's president and CEO Frank Del Rio said on Sunday at a...July 12, 2016
- show more news
Other Oceania Cruises cruise ships
Oceania Marina Itineraries
The below listed Oceania Marina cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Oceania Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Oct 26||21 days, one-way from Venice to Barcelona||Venice|
|2018 Nov 02||14 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia|
|2018 Nov 09||19 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Lisbon||Monte Carlo|
|2018 Nov 09||7 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Barcelona||Monte Carlo|
|2018 Nov 16||28 days, one-way from Barcelona to Rio de Janeiro||Barcelona|
|2018 Nov 16||12 days, one-way from Barcelona to Lisbon||Barcelona|
|2018 Nov 28||16 days, one-way from Lisbon to Rio de Janeiro||Lisbon||$4449|
|2018 Dec 14||38 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to Papeete||Rio de Janeiro|
|2018 Dec 14||20 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to San Antonio||Rio de Janeiro||$6699|
|2019 Jan 03||18 days, one-way from San Antonio to Papeete||San Antonio||$5199|
|2019 Jan 21||10 days, round-trip Sparkling South Pacific Papeete To Papeete||Papeete||$4399|
|2019 Jan 31||10 days, round-trip Sparkling South Pacific Papeete To Papeete||Papeete||$4399|
|2019 Feb 10||12 days, round-trip Pure Polynesia Papeete To Papeete||Papeete||$4899|
|2019 Feb 22||8 days, round-trip Atlantis Tahiti And South Pacific Cruise||Papeete|
|2019 Mar 02||34 days, one-way from Papeete to New York||Papeete|
|2019 Mar 02||16 days, one-way from Papeete to Callao||Papeete||$4999|
|2019 Mar 18||18 days, one-way from Callao to New York||Callao||$5149|
|2019 Apr 05||28 days, one-way from New York to Barcelona||New York|
|2019 Apr 05||14 days, one-way from New York to Southampton||New York|
|2019 Apr 19||28 days, one-way from Southampton to Civitavecchia||Southampton||$15399|
|2019 Apr 19||14 days, one-way from Southampton to Barcelona||Southampton||$8399|
|2019 May 03||14 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia||Barcelona||$5899|
|2019 May 17||28 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Stockholm||Civitavecchia||$12499|
|2019 May 17||16 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Southampton||Civitavecchia||$5899|
|2019 Jun 02||12 days, one-way from Southampton to Stockholm||Southampton||$8299|
|2019 Jun 14||10 days, one-way from Stockholm to Copenhagen||Stockholm|
|2019 Jun 24||10 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Stockholm||Copenhagen|
|2019 Jul 04||7 days, one-way from Stockholm to Copenhagen||Stockholm||$4499|
|2019 Jul 11||24 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Southampton||Copenhagen|
|2019 Jul 11||12 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Oslo||Copenhagen||$8699|
|2019 Jul 23||22 days, one-way from Oslo to Southampton||Oslo|
|2019 Jul 23||12 days, one-way from Oslo to Southampton||Oslo||$9499|
|2019 Aug 04||20 days, one-way from Southampton to Stockholm||Southampton||$10399|
|2019 Aug 04||10 days, round-trip Celtic Kingdoms London To London||Southampton||$8099|
|2019 Aug 14||10 days, one-way from Southampton to Stockholm||Southampton||$7299|
|2019 Aug 24||10 days, one-way from Stockholm to Copenhagen||Stockholm||$5699|
|2019 Sep 03||26 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Lisbon||Copenhagen|
|2019 Sep 03||14 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Amsterdam||Copenhagen||$9499|
|2019 Sep 17||19 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Monte Carlo||Amsterdam|
|2019 Sep 17||12 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Lisbon||Amsterdam|
|2019 Sep 29||19 days, one-way from Lisbon to Piraeus||Lisbon|
|2019 Sep 29||7 days, one-way from Lisbon to Monte Carlo||Lisbon||$4549|
|2019 Oct 06||12 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Piraeus||Monte Carlo||$7499|
|2019 Oct 28||14 days, one-way from Venice to Monte Carlo||Venice|
|2019 Oct 28||7 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice||$4399|
|2019 Nov 04||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Monte Carlo||Civitavecchia||$3299|
|2019 Nov 11||26 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Rio de Janeiro||Monte Carlo||$7399|
|2019 Nov 11||12 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Barcelona||Monte Carlo||$6099|
|2019 Nov 23||26 days, one-way from Barcelona to Buenos Aires||Barcelona||$7699|
|2019 Nov 23||14 days, one-way from Barcelona to Rio de Janeiro||Barcelona||$3799|
|2019 Dec 07||28 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to San Antonio||Rio de Janeiro||$9399|
|2019 Dec 07||12 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to Buenos Aires||Rio de Janeiro||$4399|
|2019 Dec 19||34 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Miami||Buenos Aires||$15199|
|2019 Dec 19||16 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to San Antonio||Buenos Aires||$6199|
|2020 Jan 04||18 days, one-way from San Antonio to Miami||San Antonio||$5499|
|2020 Jan 22||53 days, one-way from Miami to Callao||Miami|
|2020 Jan 22||33 days, one-way from Miami to Buenos Aires||Miami|
|2020 Jan 22||21 days, one-way from Miami to Rio de Janeiro||Miami||$6599|
|2020 Feb 12||32 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to Callao||Rio de Janeiro|
|2020 Feb 12||12 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to Buenos Aires||Rio de Janeiro||$4599|
|2020 Feb 24||20 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Callao||Buenos Aires||$7199|
|2020 Mar 15||38 days, one-way from Callao to Lisbon||Callao||$11399|
|2020 Mar 15||20 days, one-way from Callao to Buenos Aires||Callao||$7199|
|2020 Apr 04||18 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Lisbon||Buenos Aires||$5299|
|2020 May 01||12 days, one-way from Lisbon to Barcelona||Lisbon||$4899|
|2020 May 13||12 days, one-way from Barcelona to Southampton||Barcelona||$4399|
|2020 May 25||22 days, one-way from Southampton to Stockholm||Southampton||$6999|
|2020 May 25||10 days, round-trip European Quest London To London||Southampton||$3799|
|2020 Jun 04||12 days, one-way from Southampton to Stockholm||Southampton||$4499|
|2020 Jun 16||10 days, one-way from Stockholm to Copenhagen||Stockholm||$5099|
|2020 Jun 26||10 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Stockholm||Copenhagen||$5199|
|2020 Jul 06||22 days, one-way from Stockholm to Southampton||Stockholm||$10099|
|2020 Jul 06||10 days, one-way from Stockholm to Oslo||Stockholm||$5199|
|2020 Jul 16||22 days, one-way from Oslo to Southampton||Oslo||$10399|
|2020 Jul 16||12 days, one-way from Oslo to Southampton||Oslo||$5399|
|2020 Jul 28||20 days, round-trip Emerald Exploration London To London||Southampton||$9199|
|2020 Jul 28||10 days, round-trip British Isles Tapestry London To London||Southampton||$5499|
|2020 Aug 07||22 days, one-way from Southampton to Copenhagen||Southampton||$9599|
|2020 Aug 07||10 days, round-trip Circling The Biscay London To London||Southampton||$5199|
|2020 Aug 17||12 days, one-way from Southampton to Copenhagen||Southampton||$4799|
|2020 Aug 29||10 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Stockholm||Copenhagen||$4999|
|2020 Sep 08||28 days, one-way from Stockholm to Barcelona||Stockholm||$11199|
|2020 Sep 08||14 days, one-way from Stockholm to Amsterdam||Stockholm||$6399|
|2020 Sep 22||24 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Piraeus||Amsterdam||$8999|
|2020 Sep 22||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Barcelona||Amsterdam||$6299|
|2020 Oct 06||10 days, one-way from Barcelona to Piraeus||Barcelona||$4099|
|2020 Oct 16||9 days, one-way from Piraeus to Venice||Piraeus||$3599|
|2020 Oct 25||17 days, one-way from Venice to Monte Carlo||Venice||$5499|
|2020 Oct 25||10 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice||$3799|
|2020 Nov 04||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Monte Carlo||Civitavecchia||$2899|
|2020 Nov 11||10 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Barcelona||Monte Carlo||$3599|