Oceania Regatta Review and Specifications
Specifications of Oceania Regatta
|Year built||1998 / Age : 20|
|Flag state||Marshall Islands|
|Builder||Chantiers de l’Atlantique (Saint-Nazaire, STX France)|
|Class||Renaissance / R-Class|
|Building cost||GBP 150 million (USD 200 million)|
|Owner||(NCLH) Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd|
|Speed||18 kn / 33 kph / 21 mph|
|Length (LOA)||181 m / 594 ft|
|Beam (width)||25 m / 82 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||30277 gt|
|Passengers||698 - 803|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Former names||R Two (Renaissance Cruises)|
|Christened by||Marcia Del Rio|
Current itinerary of Oceania Regatta
Oceania Regatta current cruise is 29 days, one-way from Vancouver to Miami. The itinerary starts on 27 Sep, 2018 and ends on 26 Oct, 2018.
|Date / Time||Port|
|27 Sep||Departing from Vancouver, BC Canada|
|29 Sep 07:00 - 17:00||Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska|
|30 Sep 11:00 - 20:00||Juneau, Alaska|
|02 Oct 08:00 - 16:00||Sitka, Baranof Island, Alaska|
|03 Oct 07:00 - 14:00||Wrangell, Alaska|
|05 Oct 08:00 - 17:00||Victoria, Vancouver Island, BC Canada|
|06 Oct 09:00 - 18:00||Astoria, Oregon|
|08 Oct 07:00 - 18:00||San Francisco, California|
|10 Oct 07:00 - 14:00||Santa Catalina Island, California|
|12 Oct 12:00 - 19:00||Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Mexico|
|14 Oct 12:00 - 21:00||Acapulco, Mexico Riviera|
|16 Oct 10:00 - 19:00||Acajutla, El Salvador|
|17 Oct 08:00 - 17:00||Corinto, Nicaragua|
|18 Oct 11:00 - 20:00||Puntarenas, Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica|
|20 Oct||Panama Canal|
|20 Oct 20:00 - 16:00||Colon, Panama|
|22 Oct 10:00 - 17:00||Cartagena, Colombia|
|25 Oct 07:00 - 17:00||Havana, Cuba|
|26 Oct||Arriving in Miami, Florida|
Review of Oceania Regatta
Launched in 1998 as R Two, Oceania Regatta cruise ship is company's second R-class liner, with sisterships Nautica,Insignia and Sirena (former Ocean Princess). Oceania ship Regatta will be drydock refurbished in 2019 (September) by company's new OceaniaNEXT fleet renovation project (2019-2020).
History - construction and ownership
Oceania Cruises is an US company, and brand owned by NCL Norwegian (shipowner), Between April 2007 and September 2014, the company (as part of "Prestige Cruise Holdings") was owned by Apollo Management LP - one of the world's largest private investment equity funds. Since September 2014, Oceania and the sister company Regent Seven Seas Cruises are owned by NCL, acquired at the total cost of USD 3 billion. Oceania ships offer luxury cruises with relatively shorter itineraries, as well as Around The World voyages up to 180 days in length.
The 30,277-ton, 684-passenger cruise ship Regatta was primarily built as one of a series of 8 vessels for Renaissance Cruises. The cruise ship ceased operations in late 2001 and became the first of 3 identical vessels launched by Oceania. When Regatta debuted, her smoking policy (or non-smoking policy) was the stiffest in the industry and remained so for 3 years. At the time, there were only two sections onboard in which passengers could smoke: a small place forward of the swimming pool on the starboard side and a small, indoor space at the aft of one of the vessel's lounges. Cruisers caught lighting up on their verandas or in their cabins were politely reminded - once - that this was not available and were then threatened with unceremonious debarkation if continued. This restrictive policy is more general now, and the fact that Oceania cruise ships still have a smoking zone in one of the lounges makes it one of the more liberal cruise lines.
Cruise itinerary program
Regatta itinerary program is based on luxury World Cruises round-trip from Miami with various segments, and also on exotic itineraries in South America, Caribbean, Panama Canal, Alaska (from Seattle WA), New England (from New York and Montreal).
Oceania Regatta has a total of 351 cabins (of which 64 Suite, 170 Balcony, 28 Inside rooms) in 16 grades. Most Regatta staterooms (66%) are 175-sq.foot Balcony rooms. The largest aboard Regatta are the Owner’s Suites (735 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Regatta guests take advantage of the flexibility of 4 open seating dining venues. The Grand Dining Room serves Continental cuisine. it is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Alternative, reservations-required options are Toscana, which offers gourmet Italian food, and the steak house Polo Grill. The buffet restaurant Terraces serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is transformed into "Tapas on the Terrace" at night for a relaxed atmosphere. All dining venues have bars, and there is no cover charge. In addition, a poolside grill offers hamburgers, sandwiches and salads at lunchtime. There is also a pizzeria in the buffet area. The observation lounge Horizons serves afternoon tea. Room service is available 24 hours.
Follows the complete list of Regatta restaurants and food bars.
- Grand Dining Room (complimentary 340-seat restaurant for open seating Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner; offers French-inspired dishes, and menus change daily)
- Waves Grill (casual dining fastfood bar; serves the pool deck area with made-to-order daily specialties and gelato icecream)
- Terrace Cafe & Bar (casual buffet restaurant, complimentary; open for breakfast and lunch; features indoor and outdoor sitting areas; the Terrace Bar serves as a small pizzeria as well; the Terrace Cafe transforms into “Tapas On The Terrace” at night serving traditional Mediterranean cuisine)
- Toscana (96-seat Italian fine dining restaurant, dinner-only, reservations-only, complimentary; offers traditional Italian cuisine)
- Polo Grill (96-seat Steakhouse restaurant, complimentary; reservations required).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
At the time of its onset, Oceania's management had clear objectives: to offer luxury service without becoming a luxurious cruise line. Priced in the premium or luxurious range, Regatta offers an experience that's near to luxury without being an all-inclusive ship. Although her cabins are smaller than those offered on most luxury vessels, the conveniences, attentive service and delicious cuisine are probably to fool most people into believing they are traveling in ultra luxury style.
Follows the complete list of Regatta lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Regatta Lounge (main show room/theater for live evening entertainment and themed dancing parties; hosts daily trivia quizzes, lectures and presentations)
- The Casino (operates with USD bets; served by the Casino Bar)
- Martinis (piano bar serving a variety of Martinis)
- Two Boutiques (duty-free perfumes, jewelry, Oceania-logo merchandise, clothes, gifts, convenience goods)
- Upper Hall lounge area (with grand piano for live performances ; served by the Martinis Bar)
- Grand Bar (wine bar; hosts wine tastings; served by Baristas making complimentary illy beverages)
- Regatta Wellness Center (includes a Spa Terrace, Spa Whirlpool, Steam Rooms, Treatment Rooms, Styling Salon, Canyon Ranch Spa Club, Fitness/Gym, and Boardroom (cards playing and board games; Canyon Ranch Spa Club treatments include: Acupuncture, Ayurveda, Healing Energy, Body Wraps and Scrubs, Skin Care, Tanning, Massages and Exotic Treatments.)
- Oceania@Sea (24-hour Internet computers room; Private lessons/group classes are also provided)
- Pool area (with one swimming pool, two Whirlpools, sunbathing area and a Band Stand; served by the Waves Bar)
- The Patio (outdoor shaded lounge with chairs, daybeds, sofas)
- Horizons (Lounge & Bar served by the Horizons Bar; has floor-ceiling windows, live entertainment, full bar; also serves Afternoon Tea; becomes a nightclub at night)
- Fitness Track (Power Walking/Jogging Track); Promenade (Deck 5)
- The Library (1000+ books of which many port-destination guide books)
- Sun Deck (served by the Polo Bar; has sunloungers, showers, deck games - Shuffleboard, Golf Driving Net, 9-hole Mini-Golf putting greens).
Oceania Regatta wiki
- Oceania Regatta cruise ship is the line's second vessel of the Renaissance-class along her fleetmates Insignia, Nautica and Sirena (Ocean Princess). Of this marine vessel class are also the ships are Azamara Journey, Azamara Pursuit and Azamara Quest (Azamara Club Cruises), Pacific Princess (Princess Cruises).
- MS Regatta was ordered and operated as "R Two" by Renaissance Cruises between 1998-2002. After the company's bankruptcy, R Two was bought and transferred to Oceania. She sailed as "Insignia" (2002-2003) and as "ms Regatta" (since 2003).
- On September 2, 2014, the NCL Norwegian company purchased the company "Prestige Cruise Holdings" (owner of Oceania and RSSC-Regent Seven Seas Cruises) for USD 3,025 billion, thus becoming the official owner of all vessels in both fleets.
- The Apollo Group company provides all Oceania ships with the entire onboard hotel product and services. This includes administration, food staff (preparation and serving), housekeeping staff, also the vessel's provisioning and crewing. Other cruise lines served by Apollo are Thomson UK (Marella Cruises) and RSSC Regent Seven Seas.
- The line's owner NCL Norwegian received government's permission to operate cruises to Cuba from the USA, with three Oceania ships - Marina (starting in the end of 2016), Regatta (starting in 2017) and and Insignia (Nov-Dec 2017). Oceania ships operated a variety of itineraries, including circumnavigation of Cuba (with stops in ports Cienfuegos and Havana) and also visiting Cuba as part of some Panama Canal transition cruises.
Oceania Regatta - user reviews and comments
Photos of Oceania RegattaAdd Photo
Oceania Regatta ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Oceania Cruises unveiled its OceaniaNEXT initiative, consisting of an array of enhancements designed to elevate guest experience. First to be...August 13, 2018
Yesterday, November 8, at approx 2:00 a.m. local time in Honolulu, HI (7:00 a.m. in Miami, FL) Oceania Regatta experienced failure of her power...November 9, 2017
- Cruise Industry
Oceania Cruises pampers its guests with new amenity offerings. Passengers who book in Concierge Level Staterooms now get free laundry and in-room...October 10, 2017
- Cruise Industry
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings was close to getting permission to cruise to Cuba, company's president and CEO Frank Del Rio said on Sunday at a...July 12, 2016
- show more news
Other Oceania Cruises cruise ships
Oceania Regatta Itineraries
The below listed Oceania Regatta cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Oceania Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Sep 27||29 days, one-way from Vancouver to Miami||Vancouver|
|2018 Oct 08||18 days, one-way from San Francisco to Miami||San Francisco|
|2018 Oct 26||32 days, one-way from Miami to Papeete||Miami||$7799|
|2018 Oct 26||16 days, one-way from Miami to Los Angeles||Miami||$4399|
|2018 Nov 11||32 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Sydney||Los Angeles|
|2018 Nov 11||16 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Papeete||Los Angeles||$3899|
|2018 Nov 27||16 days, one-way from Papeete to Sydney||Papeete|
|2018 Dec 13||34 days, round-trip Southern Cross Seafarer Sydney To Sydney||Sydney||$11299|
|2018 Dec 13||15 days, one-way from Sydney to Benoa||Sydney||$4999|
|2018 Dec 28||19 days, one-way from Benoa to Sydney||Benoa||$6499|
|2019 Jan 16||14 days, one-way from Sydney to Auckland||Sydney||$7199|
|2019 Jan 30||16 days, round-trip Tasman Traveler Auckland To Auckland||Auckland||$5899|
|2019 Feb 15||29 days, one-way from Auckland to Papeete||Auckland|
|2019 Feb 15||14 days, one-way from Auckland to Sydney||Auckland||$7199|
|2019 Mar 01||31 days, one-way from Sydney to San Diego||Sydney||$9199|
|2019 Mar 01||15 days, one-way from Sydney to Papeete||Sydney||$5899|
|2019 Mar 16||32 days, one-way from Papeete to Miami||Papeete|
|2019 Mar 16||16 days, one-way from Papeete to San Diego||Papeete||$4199|
|2019 Apr 01||16 days, one-way from San Diego to Miami||San Diego||$4099|
|2019 Apr 17||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Daydreamer Miami To Miami||Miami||$4599|
|2019 May 01||28 days, one-way from Miami to Vancouver||Miami||$7499|
|2019 May 01||18 days, one-way from Miami to San Francisco||Miami||$4499|
|2019 May 19||10 days, one-way from San Francisco to Vancouver||San Francisco||$2949|
|2019 May 29||14 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seattle||Vancouver||$4299|
|2019 Jun 12||7 days, round-trip Stunning Scenery Seattle To Seattle||Seattle|
|2019 Jun 19||10 days, one-way from Seattle to Vancouver||Seattle||$2949|
|2019 Jun 29||10 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seattle||Vancouver||$2949|
|2019 Jul 09||7 days, round-trip Stunning Scenery Seattle To Seattle||Seattle||$2649|
|2019 Jul 16||10 days, round-trip Glacial Adventures Seattle To Seattle||Seattle||$3899|
|2019 Jul 26||11 days, one-way from Seattle to Vancouver||Seattle||$3649|
|2019 Aug 06||14 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seattle||Vancouver||$4649|
|2019 Aug 20||7 days, round-trip Stunning Scenery Seattle To Seattle||Seattle||$2349|
|2019 Aug 27||10 days, round-trip Glacial Adventures Seattle To Seattle||Seattle||$3249|
|2019 Sep 24||20 days, one-way from Seattle to Miami||Seattle||$4999|
|2019 Oct 14||34 days, one-way from Miami to Papeete||Miami||$8099|
|2019 Oct 14||18 days, one-way from Miami to San Francisco||Miami||$4499|
|2019 Nov 01||35 days, one-way from San Francisco to Sydney||San Francisco||$8699|
|2019 Nov 01||16 days, one-way from San Francisco to Papeete||San Francisco||$4299|
|2019 Nov 17||19 days, one-way from Papeete to Sydney||Papeete||$6099|
|2019 Dec 06||31 days, round-trip Enchanting Holidays Sydney To Sydney||Sydney||$10399|
|2020 Jan 06||14 days, one-way from Sydney to Auckland||Sydney||$7299|
|2020 Jan 20||14 days, one-way from Auckland to Sydney||Auckland||$6899|
|2020 Feb 03||31 days, one-way from Sydney to Papeete||Sydney|
|2020 Feb 03||14 days, one-way from Sydney to Auckland||Sydney||$6899|
|2020 Feb 17||27 days, one-way from Auckland to Papeete||Auckland||$8799|
|2020 Feb 17||17 days, one-way from Auckland to Papeete||Auckland||$6399|
|2020 Mar 05||10 days, round-trip Legends To Lagoons Papeete To Papeete||Papeete||$4299|
|2020 Mar 15||10 days, round-trip Legends To Lagoons Papeete To Papeete||Papeete||$4299|
|2020 Mar 25||10 days, round-trip Legends To Lagoons Papeete To Papeete||Papeete||$4299|
|2020 Apr 04||28 days, one-way from Papeete to San Francisco||Papeete||$7699|
|2020 Apr 04||10 days, round-trip Legends To Lagoons Papeete To Papeete||Papeete||$4299|
|2020 Apr 14||30 days, one-way from Papeete to Vancouver||Papeete||$7599|
|2020 Apr 14||18 days, one-way from Papeete to San Francisco||Papeete||$4849|
|2020 May 02||12 days, one-way from San Francisco to Vancouver||San Francisco||$3499|