Oceania Nautica Review and Specifications
Specifications of Oceania Nautica
|Year built||2000 / Age : 18|
|Flag state||Marshall Islands|
|Builder||Chantiers de l’Atlantique (Saint-Nazaire, STX France)|
|Class||Renaissance / R-Class|
|Building cost||GBP 150 million (USD 200 million)|
|Owner||(NCLH) Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd|
|Speed||18 kn / 33 kph / 21 mph|
|Length (LOA)||181 m / 594 ft|
|Beam (width)||25 m / 82 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||30277 gt|
|Passengers||698 - 803|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Former names||R Five (Renaissance Cruises)|
|Christened by||Fana Holz|
Current itinerary of Oceania Nautica
Oceania Nautica current cruise is 20 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice. The itinerary starts on 17 Oct, 2018 and ends on 06 Nov, 2018.
|Date / Time||Port|
|17 Oct||Departing from Civitavecchia, Rome, Italy|
|18 Oct 08:00 - 23:00||Livorno, Florence-Pisa, Italy|
|19 Oct 08:00 - 19:00||Portofino, Italy|
|20 Oct 08:00 - 23:00||Monte Carlo, Monaco|
|21 Oct 08:00 - 18:00||Toulon, France Riviera|
|22 Oct 09:00 - 19:00||Barcelona, Spain|
|23 Oct 08:00 - 18:00||Valencia, Spain|
|24 Oct 10:00 - 19:00||Port Mahon, Menorca Island, Spain|
|26 Oct 08:00 - 18:00||Naples, Italy|
|27 Oct 07:00 - 18:00||Civitavecchia, Rome, Italy|
|28 Oct 08:00 - 18:00||Positano, Italy|
|29 Oct 08:00 - 19:00||Giardini-Naxos, Taormina, Sicily Italy|
|30 Oct 08:00 - 23:00||Valletta, Malta|
|01 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Kefalonia Island, Argostoli, Greece|
|02 Nov 08:00 - 19:00||Durres, Tirana, Albania|
|03 Nov 08:00 - 18:00||Kotor, Montenegro|
|04 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Split, Croatia|
|06 Nov||Arriving in Venice, Italy|
Review of Oceania Nautica
Launched in 2000 as R Five, Oceania Nautica cruise ship is company's third R-class liner, with sisterships Regatta,Insignia and Sirena (former Ocean Princess). Oceania ship Nautica will be drydock refurbished in 2020 (June) by company's new OceaniaNEXT fleet renovation project (2019-2020).
History - construction and ownership
Oceania Cruises is an US company and brand owned by NCL Norwegian (shipowner), Between April 2007 and September 2014, the company (as part of "Prestige Cruise Holdings") was owned by Apollo Management LP - one of the world's largest private investment equity funds. Since September 2014, Oceania and the sister company Regent Seven Seas Cruises are owned by NCL, acquired at the total cost of USD 3 billion. Oceania ships offer luxury cruises with relatively shorter itineraries, as well as Around The World voyages up to 180 days in length.
The 30,277-ton, 824-passenger cruise ship Nautica keeps the strategy of Oceania Cruises to create an atmosphere far more remindful of an English country house hotel, not to a cruise vessel. There is an appropriate range of amenities, yet the ambience is comfortable and intimate. The decor is quite similar fleetwide, and all ships feature nice dining venues, Mandara spa and a cyber lab. Nautica's crew members routinely rotate between the 3 vessels, so a returning cruiser on any of them is probably to recognize friendly faces.
Cruise itinerary program
Nautica itinerary program is based on luxury cruises to exotic destinations in Asia with departures from Singapore, Thailand and China, European voyages in the Mediterranean and Baltic, South Africa and Suez Canal repositioning transits.
Oceania Nautica has a total of 351 cabins (of which 63 Suite, 171 Balcony, 28 Inside rooms) in 16 grades. Most Nautica staterooms (66%) are 175-sq.foot Balcony rooms. The largest aboard Nautica are the Owner’s Suites (735 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Nautica guests take advantage of the flexibility of 4 open seating dining venues. The Grand Dining Room serves Continental cuisine. it is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Alternative, reservations-required options are Toscana, which offers gourmet Italian food, and the steak house Polo Grill. The buffet restaurant Terraces serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is transformed into "Tapas on the Terrace" at night for a relaxed atmosphere. All dining venues have bars, and there is no cover charge. In addition, a poolside grill offers hamburgers, sandwiches and salads at lunchtime. There is also a pizzeria in the buffet area. The observation lounge Horizons serves afternoon tea. Room service is available 24 hours.
Follows the complete list of Nautica restaurants and food bars.
- Grand Dining Room (complimentary 340-seat restaurant for open seating Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner; offers French-inspired dishes, and menus change daily)
- Waves Grill (casual dining fastfood bar; serves the pool deck area with made-to-order daily specialties and gelato icecream)
- Terrace Cafe & Bar (casual buffet restaurant, complimentary; open for breakfast and lunch; features indoor and outdoor sitting areas; the Terrace Bar serves as a small pizzeria as well; the Terrace Cafe transforms into “Tapas On The Terrace” at night serving traditional Mediterranean cuisine)
- Toscana (96-seat Italian fine dining restaurant, dinner-only, reservations-only, complimentary; offers traditional Italian cuisine)
- Polo Grill (96-seat Steakhouse restaurant, complimentary; reservations required).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Just as travelers approach the red carpet that snakes out onto the dock from the gangway of Nautica, they hear the strains of "When the Saints Come Marching In," by the ship's Orchestra, tucked up on Deck 5's promenade. A banner hung over the entrance greets "Welcome Home." All guests are offered fresh juices and hot towels. There is an immediate change in spirit as the cruisers stand up straighter, smile genuinely and shake off their weariness.
Follows the complete list of Nautica lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Nautica Lounge (main show room/theater for live evening entertainment and themed dancing parties; hosts daily trivia quizzes, lectures and presentations)
- The Casino (operates with USD bets; served by the Casino Bar)
- Martinis (piano bar serving a variety of Martinis)
- Two Boutiques (duty-free perfumes, jewelry, Oceania-logo merchandise, clothes, gifts, convenience goods)
- Upper Hall lounge area (with grand piano for live performances; served by the Martinis Bar)
- Grand Bar (wine bar; hosts wine tastings; served by Baristas making complimentary illy beverages)
- Nautica Wellness Center (includes a Spa Terrace, Spa Whirlpool, Steam Rooms, Treatment Rooms, Styling Salon, Canyon Ranch Spa Club, Fitness/Gym, and Boardroom (cards playing and board games; Canyon Ranch Spa Club treatments include: Acupuncture, Ayurveda, Healing Energy, Body Wraps and Scrubs, Skin Care, Tanning, Massages and Exotic Treatments.)
- Oceania@Sea (24-hour Internet computers room; Private lessons/group classes are also provided)
- Pool area (with one swimming pool, two Whirlpools, sunbathing area and a Band Stand; served by the Waves Bar)
- The Patio (outdoor shaded lounge with chairs, daybeds, sofas)
- Horizons (Lounge & Bar served by the Horizons Bar; has floor-ceiling windows, live entertainment, full bar; also serves Afternoon Tea; becomes a nightclub at night)
- Fitness Track (Power Walking/Jogging Track); Promenade (Deck 5)
- The Library (1000+ books of which many port-destination guide books)
- Sun Deck (served by the Polo Bar; has sunloungers, showers, deck games - Shuffleboard, Golf Driving Net, 9-hole Mini-Golf putting greens).
Oceania Nautica wiki
- Oceania Nautica cruise ship is the line's third vessel of the Renaissance/Regatta-class. Her sisters in the fleet are the Oceania ships Insignia, Regatta and Sirena (Ocean Princess). Regarding the marine vessel-class, Nautica is also related to the ships are Azamara Journey and Azamara Quest (Azamara Club Cruises), Pacific Princess (Princess Cruises) and Adonia (Azamara Pursuit since 2018).
- MS Nautica was ordered and operated as "R Five" by Renaissance Cruises in the period 2000-2003. After the Renaissance line's bankruptcy, Royal Caribbean (RCCL) bought the ship and transferred her to Pullmantur Cruises fleet (2004-2005). In 2005, after a major refurbishment, she was transferred to Oceania under her current name "ms Nautica".
- Making the news as one of the world's most strange cruise ship accidents ever, in 2008 (Nov 30) the Oceania ship Nautica was attacked by Somalian pirates. It happened in the Gulf of Aden (Arabian Sea) en route from Safaga, Egypt to Salah, Oman. The ship was fired eight times but outran the attack without any injuries or damage.
- On September 2, 2014, the NCL Norwegian company purchased the company "Prestige Cruise Holdings" (owner of Oceania and RSSC-Regent Seven Seas Cruises) for USD 3,025 billion, thus becoming the official owner of all vessels in both fleets.
- The Apollo Group company provides all Oceania ships with the entire onboard hotel product and services. This includes administration, food staff (preparation and serving), housekeeping staff, also the vessel's provisioning and crewing. Other cruise lines served by Apollo are Thomson UK (Marella Cruises) and RSSC Regent Seven Seas.
Oceania Nautica - user reviews and comments
Photos of Oceania NauticaAdd Photo
Oceania Nautica ship related cruise news
An Oceania Cruises ship broke free of its moorings due to strong winds at Greenock Ocean Terminal Wednesday morning, September 19. Tugs...September 19, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Oceania Cruises unveiled its OceaniaNEXT initiative, consisting of an array of enhancements designed to elevate guest experience. First to be...August 13, 2018
- show more news
Other Oceania Cruises cruise ships
Oceania Nautica Itineraries
The below listed Oceania Nautica cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Oceania Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Sep 02||38 days, one-way from Stockholm to Barcelona||Stockholm|
|2018 Sep 14||33 days, one-way from Southampton to Civitavecchia||Southampton|
|2018 Sep 14||26 days, one-way from Southampton to Barcelona||Southampton|
|2018 Sep 26||21 days, one-way from Southampton to Civitavecchia||Southampton|
|2018 Sep 26||14 days, one-way from Southampton to Barcelona||Southampton|
|2018 Oct 10||7 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia||Barcelona|
|2018 Oct 17||20 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice||Civitavecchia|
|2018 Oct 17||10 days, round-trip Coastal Vignettes Rome To Rome||Civitavecchia|
|2018 Oct 27||10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice||Civitavecchia|
|2018 Nov 06||10 days, one-way from Venice to Piraeus||Venice|
|2018 Nov 16||20 days, one-way from Piraeus to Dubai||Piraeus|
|2018 Dec 06||30 days, one-way from Dubai to Cape Town||Dubai|
|2019 Jan 05||15 days, round-trip South African Explorer Cape Town To Cape Town||Cape Town||$6099|
|2019 Jan 20||30 days, one-way from Cape Town to Singapore||Cape Town||$10499|
|2019 Mar 07||33 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Singapore||Hong Kong||$12599|
|2019 Mar 07||15 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Shanghai||Hong Kong||$6199|
|2019 Mar 22||18 days, one-way from Shanghai to Singapore||Shanghai||$7399|
|2019 Apr 09||39 days, one-way from Singapore to Barcelona||Singapore|
|2019 Apr 09||18 days, one-way from Singapore to Dubai||Singapore||$5899|
|2019 Apr 27||21 days, one-way from Dubai to Barcelona||Dubai|
|2019 May 18||22 days, one-way from Barcelona to Southampton||Barcelona|
|2019 May 18||12 days, one-way from Barcelona to Lisbon||Barcelona||$4399|
|2019 May 30||10 days, one-way from Lisbon to Southampton||Lisbon||$4499|
|2019 Jun 09||18 days, one-way from Southampton to Dublin||Southampton|
|2019 Jun 09||10 days, one-way from Southampton to Dublin||Southampton||$4499|
|2019 Jun 19||8 days, round-trip Gaelic Glory Dublin To Dublin||Dublin|
|2019 Jun 27||26 days, one-way from Dublin to Copenhagen||Dublin||$10199|
|2019 Jun 27||8 days, round-trip Gaelic Glory Dublin To Dublin||Dublin||$4499|
|2019 Jul 05||30 days, one-way from Dublin to Southampton||Dublin||$11599|
|2019 Jul 05||18 days, one-way from Dublin to Copenhagen||Dublin||$7499|
|2019 Jul 23||32 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Southampton||Copenhagen||$12399|
|2019 Jul 23||12 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Southampton||Copenhagen||$5199|
|2019 Aug 04||31 days, one-way from Southampton to Copenhagen||Southampton||$11199|
|2019 Aug 04||20 days, round-trip Vikings & Royals London To London||Southampton||$8299|
|2019 Aug 24||11 days, one-way from Southampton to Copenhagen||Southampton||$4499|
|2019 Sep 04||7 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Stockholm||Copenhagen||$4099|
|2019 Sep 11||21 days, one-way from Stockholm to Southampton||Stockholm||$7099|
|2019 Sep 11||10 days, one-way from Stockholm to Southampton||Stockholm||$3799|
|2019 Sep 21||23 days, one-way from Southampton to Barcelona||Southampton||$7999|
|2019 Sep 21||11 days, round-trip Castles To Crowns London To London||Southampton||$4599|
|2019 Oct 02||12 days, one-way from Southampton to Barcelona||Southampton||$4599|
|2019 Oct 18||10 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Barcelona||Monte Carlo||$3049|
|2019 Oct 28||10 days, one-way from Barcelona to Venice||Barcelona||$3199|
|2019 Nov 07||30 days, one-way from Venice to Dubai||Venice||$6599|
|2019 Nov 07||10 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice||$4099|
|2019 Nov 17||20 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Dubai||Civitavecchia||$7299|
|2019 Dec 07||30 days, one-way from Dubai to Cape Town||Dubai||$9299|
|2020 Jan 06||14 days, round-trip Accent On Africa Cape Town To Cape Town||Cape Town||$5099|
|2020 Jan 20||14 days, round-trip Accent On Africa Cape Town To Cape Town||Cape Town||$5099|
|2020 Feb 03||30 days, one-way from Cape Town to Singapore||Cape Town||$9699|
|2020 Mar 04||30 days, one-way from Singapore to Yokohama||Singapore||$11399|
|2020 Mar 04||14 days, one-way from Singapore to Hong Kong||Singapore||$5799|
|2020 Mar 18||26 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Yokohama||Hong Kong|
|2020 Mar 18||16 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Yokohama||Hong Kong||$6499|
|2020 Apr 03||28 days, one-way from Yokohama to Singapore||Yokohama|
|2020 Apr 03||10 days, round-trip Japan In Bloom Tokyo To Tokyo||Yokohama|
|2020 Apr 13||36 days, one-way from Yokohama to Dubai||Yokohama||$15399|
|2020 Apr 13||18 days, one-way from Yokohama to Singapore||Yokohama||$7299|
|2020 May 01||38 days, one-way from Singapore to Civitavecchia||Singapore|
|2020 May 01||18 days, one-way from Singapore to Dubai||Singapore||$7399|
|2020 May 19||20 days, one-way from Dubai to Civitavecchia||Dubai|