Oceania Riviera Review and Specifications
Specifications of Oceania Riviera
|Year built||2012 / Age : 7|
|Flag state||Marshall Islands|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Sestri Ponente, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 500 million|
|Owner||(NCLH) Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd|
|Speed||20 kn / 37 kph / 23 mph|
|Length (LOA)||251 m / 823 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||66172 gt|
|Passengers||1258 - 1447|
|Decks with cabins||6|
|Christened by||Cat Cora|
Current itinerary of Oceania Riviera
Oceania Riviera current cruise is 80 days, round-trip Tropical Quest Miami To Miami, themed as "Tropical". The itinerary starts on 12 Jan, 2019 and ends on 02 Apr, 2019.
Review of Oceania Riviera
Launched in 2012, Oceania Riviera cruise ship is one of company's newest, with sistership Marina. Both liners were constructed in Italy and designed by the Norwegian marine architecture company "Petter Yran and Bjorn Storbratten".
History - construction and ownership
Oceania Cruises is an US company, and brand owned by NCL Norwegian (shipowner), Between April 2007 and September 2014, the company (as part of "Prestige Cruise Holdings") was owned by Apollo Management LP - one of the world's largest private investment equity funds. Since September 2014, Oceania and the sister company Regent Seven Seas Cruises are owned by NCL, acquired at the total cost of USD 3 billion. Oceania ships offer luxury cruises with relatively shorter itineraries, as well as Around The World voyages up to 180 days in length.
The 66,172-ton, 1,258-passenger cruise ship Riviera was launched on May 11, 2012. Riviera's godmother was "Iron Chef" and Food Network star Cat Cora, a fitting choice for a cruise company that is aimed at enthusiastic foodies.
In February 2016, Oceania Cruises won six “best for” awards for the luxurious mid-sized mv Riviera, voted for by Cruise Critic readers. The sophisticated ship dominated by being voted for having the best service, dining, staterooms, public rooms and embarkation process on board. Not only this, but Oceania Cruises was also cited in the top 5 in additional 3 categories. Oceania Riviera awards are in the following categories: Best Cruise Ship for Embarkation, Best Cruise Ship for Dining, Best Cruises Ship for Service, Best Cruise Ship Cabins, Best Cruise Ship Public Rooms and Best Cruises Overall. Riviera features the 5-star luxury that Oceania has always been well known for. The cruise ship reflects the line’s key pillars of service, comfort and the finest cuisine at sea.
Cruise itinerary program
Riviera itinerary program is based on luxury Caribbean cruises sailing out of Miami, Florida. During summer, the ship cruises in the Mediterranean with departures mainly from Barcelona, Rome and Venice, with Transatlantic repositioning crossings.
Oceania Riviera has a total of 629 cabins (of which 147 Suite, 444 Balcony, 18 Inside rooms) in 17 grades. Most Riviera staterooms (94%) are 235-sq.foot Balcony rooms. The largest aboard Riviera are the Owner’s Suites (1335 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Riviera offers four reservations-only restaurants, plus a buffet restaurant and casual snack spots. Specialty restaurants come with no additional charge but require reservations. The most high-profile of all is Jacques, the first restaurant ever created, on land or sea, by celebrity chef Jacques Pepin. Jacques is designed with the feel of a French bistro and focuses on traditional French cuisine. Other specialty restaurants include the Polo Grill steakhouse and the Mediterranean Toscana - both carry-overs from the earlier ships of the line, and Red Ginger, which is an excellent pan-Asian spot.
Follows the complete list of Riviera restaurants and food bars.
- Red Ginger (feng shui Asia specialty restaurant with a 5-course “tasting” and a la carte menu)
- Jacques (124-seat complimentary dinner restaurant, reservations-only; features French cuisine by chef Pepin)
- Grand Dining Room (complimentary 340-seat restaurant for open seating Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner; offers French-inspired dishes, and menus change daily)
- Waves Grill (casual dining fastfood bar; serves the pool deck area with made-to-order daily specialties and gelato icecream)
- Terrace Cafe & Bar (casual buffet restaurant, complimentary; open for breakfast and lunch; features indoor and outdoor sitting areas; the Terrace Bar serves as a small pizzeria as well; the Terrace Cafe transforms into “Tapas On The Terrace” at night serving traditional Mediterranean cuisine)
- Culinary Center (for cooking classes and demos; hosts the “Gourmet Explorer Series” which consist of 20 new cooking classes; there is also "La Technique" - an exclusive cooking class focusing on the techniques of master chef Chef Jaques Pepin.
- La Reserve (24-seat wine bar at surcharge; offers wine tastings and a 7-course dinner menu)
- Toscana (96-seat Italian fine dining restaurant, dinner-only, reservations-only, complimentary; offers traditional Italian cuisine)
- Polo Grill (96-seat Steakhouse restaurant, complimentary; reservations required)
- Privee (a limited capacity private dining room, between Toscana and Polo, 10-seat, charge $1000 for the entire room; features Chef’s Table and 7-course gourmet menu)
- In October 2015, Oceania announced its plan to combine the Toscana and Polo Grill specialty restaurants into a new venue - “Tuscan Steak”, with quality wood paneling decorated with platinum and silver. The gourmet dinner menu of the new restaurant includes items, such as “Bistecca alla Fiorentina”, “Maine Lobster & Shrimp Fra Diavol”, “Tuscan Porterhouse Steak”, and the signature pork chops of Oceania Cruises “Iberico de Bellota”. At the entrance there is a wine cellar with a selection of fine wines.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Such as her sister ship Marina, Riviera cruise liner sports some of cruising's most palatial rooms, featuring furnishings from Ralph Lauren Home and layouts by Dakota Jackson of New York and S.B. Long designers of Greenwich, Connecticut. The cruise liner also has a Lalique-designed grand lobby, ten restaurants and many bars and lounges. Amenities include a full-service Canyon Ranch SpaClub, Bon Appetit Culinary Center (for demos and cooking classes), and the La Reserve by Wine Spectator wine bar lounge.
Follows the complete list of Riviera lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Riviera Lounge (main show room/theater for live evening entertainment and themed dancing parties; hosts daily trivia quizzes, lectures and presentations)
- The Casino (operates with USD bets; served by the Casino Bar)
- Martinis (piano bar serving a variety of Martinis)
- Three Boutiques (duty-free perfumes, jewelry, Oceania-logo merchandise, clothes, gifts, convenience goods)
- Upper Hall lounge area (with grand piano for live performances; served by the Martinis Bar)
- Grand Bar (wine bar; hosts wine tastings; served by Baristas making complimentary illy beverages)
- Concierge Lounge (Concierge Level and Suite guests lounge)
- Executive Lounge (Concierge Level Balcony and Suite guests)
- Artist Loft (educational center for Oceania Cruises’ enrichment programmes)
- Riviera Wellness Center (includes a Spa Terrace, Spa Whirlpool, Steam Rooms, Treatment Rooms, Styling Salon, Canyon Ranch Spa Club, Fitness/Gym, and Boardroom (cards playing and board games; Canyon Ranch Spa Club treatments include: Acupuncture, Ayurveda, Healing Energy, Body Wraps and Scrubs, Skin Care, Tanning, Massages and Exotic Treatments.)
- Oceania@Sea (24-hour Internet computers room; Private lessons/group classes are also provided)
- Pool area (with one swimming pool, two Whirlpools, sunbathing area and a Band Stand; served by the Waves Bar)
- Sanctuary (outdoor shaded area with loungers)
- The Patio (outdoor shaded lounge with chairs, daybeds, sofas)
- Baristas (patisserie & specialty coffee bar serving illy coffees, complimentary)
- Horizons (Lounge & Bar served by the Horizons Bar; has floor-ceiling windows, live entertainment, full bar; also serves Afternoon Tea; becomes a nightclub at night)
- Fitness Track (Power Walking/Jogging Track); Promenade (on Deck 6)
- The Library (1000+ books of which many port-destination guide books); Board Room
- Sun Deck (served by the Polo Bar; has sunloungers, showers, deck games - Shuffleboard, Golf Driving Net, 9-hole Mini-Golf putting greens, tennis court).
Oceania Riviera wiki
Oceania Riviera ship is the second of the line's two newbuild vessels. Her sister and fleetmate is ms Marina. The vessel was christened on May 11, 2012 in Barcelona. Her Godmother is the professional chef Cat Cora, the "Iron Chef" of America. Her Inaugural cruise was in the region of the Mediterranean Sea. It started in Italy (Venice) and ended ten days later in Greece (Athens).
On September 2, 2014, the NCL Norwegian company purchased the company "Prestige Cruise Holdings" (owner of Oceania and RSSC-Regent Seven Seas Cruises) for USD 3,025 billion, thus becoming the official owner of all vessels in both fleets.
The Apollo Group company provides all Oceania ships with the entire onboard hotel product and services. This includes administration, food staff (preparation and serving), housekeeping staff, also the vessel's provisioning and crewing. Other cruise lines served by Apollo are Thomson UK (Marella Cruises) and RSSC Regent Seven Seas.
Oceania Riviera 2020 refurbishment review
Ship's drydock refurbishment in April 2019 (by company's OceaniaNEXT project) will result in several deckplan changes (details soon to be announced). What is known so far is adding a new cabin category (Owner Suite) designed by Trevor R. Howells (Los Angeles-based interior design firm).
Owner Suites are 2-room cabins furnished with Ralph Lauren Home furniture. Color scheme is white-navy blue-camel-creme. Upholstery and fabrics are in melange (stripes and solids), with pops in silver-gold-metallic. Suite's foyer features premium wood paneling and stone flooring (limestone, black cabochon). The in-cabin bar is mahogany and with a quartzite stone top.
Suite's living room has floor-ceiling windows, Grimaldi-weave sail white fabrics, self-playing piano (made from polished ebony - black hardwood), sectional sofa (with navy blue cushions), mahogany lounge chair. Suite's dining room has a Mayfair table and Barrett Medium Knurled chandelier (natural brass). Master bedroom has King-size bed, Mayfair Bergere armchairs, nickel-trimmed lighting.
Suite's wraparound balcony is premium teak-floored and fitted with custom-made (by Ralph Lauren) outdoor lounge furniture.
Oceania Riviera - user reviews and comments
Photos of Oceania RivieraAdd Photo
Oceania Riviera ship related cruise news
Federal agents at PortMiami noticed something weird in the way a crew member walked off Oceania Riviera cruise ship the day after New Year’s...January 8, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Oceania Cruises unveiled the first of many enhancements coming to line's 1,250-passenger ships Marina and Riviera: a new generation of Owner's Suites...October 11, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Luxury cruise line Oceania expanded its vegan offerings onboard all 6 of its ships, making the company one of the most vegan-friendly on the high...July 2, 2018
For the third time since December 2015, the Vessel Sanitation Program (VSP) of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is investigating...March 27, 2016
Oceania Cruises ship Riviera returned to Miami on Saturday, two days early from its last cruise, due to a norovirus outbreak, so the vessel could...February 23, 2016
- show more news
Other Oceania Cruises cruise ships
Oceania Riviera Itineraries
The below listed Oceania Riviera cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Oceania Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 Jan 12||80 days, round-trip Tropical Quest Miami To Miami||Miami|
|2019 Jan 12||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Explorer Miami To Miami||Miami|
|2019 Jan 26||10 days, round-trip Reefs & Ruins Miami To Miami||Miami|
|2019 Feb 05||19 days, round-trip Caribbean Crossroads Miami To Miami||Miami|
|2019 Feb 05||12 days, round-trip Allure Of The Islands Miami To Miami||Miami||$4549|
|2019 Feb 17||17 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Gems Miami To Miami||Miami|
|2019 Feb 17||7 days, round-trip Captivating Treasures Miami To Miami||Miami|
|2019 Feb 24||20 days, round-trip Tropical Rendezvous Miami To Miami||Miami|
|2019 Feb 24||10 days, round-trip Sunny Charms Miami To Miami||Miami|
|2019 Mar 06||10 days, round-trip Mayan Rhythms Miami To Miami||Miami||$3249|
|2019 Mar 16||10 days, round-trip Sunny Charms Miami To Miami||Miami||$2749|
|2019 Mar 26||21 days, one-way from Miami to Barcelona||Miami|
|2019 Mar 26||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Impressions Miami To Miami||Miami|
|2019 Apr 02||14 days, one-way from Miami to Barcelona||Miami||$3249|
|2019 Apr 26||7 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia||Barcelona|
|2019 May 15||10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice||Civitavecchia||$5499|
|2019 May 25||22 days, one-way from Venice to Barcelona||Venice||$9799|
|2019 May 25||12 days, one-way from Venice to Barcelona||Venice||$8199|
|2019 Jun 06||10 days, round-trip Spanish Silhouettes Barcelona To Barcelona||Barcelona||$5299|
|2019 Jun 16||18 days, one-way from Barcelona to Venice||Barcelona||$7399|
|2019 Jun 16||7 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia||Barcelona||$5549|
|2019 Jun 23||11 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice||Civitavecchia|
|2019 Jul 04||10 days, one-way from Venice to Piraeus||Venice||$7699|
|2019 Jul 14||19 days, one-way from Piraeus to Barcelona||Piraeus|
|2019 Jul 14||12 days, one-way from Piraeus to Civitavecchia||Piraeus|
|2019 Jul 26||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$4199|
|2019 Aug 02||12 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia||Barcelona||$5299|
|2019 Aug 14||44 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to New York||Civitavecchia|
|2019 Aug 14||28 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Reykjavik||Civitavecchia||$13799|
|2019 Aug 14||14 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Southampton||Civitavecchia||$5399|
|2019 Aug 28||30 days, one-way from Southampton to New York||Southampton|
|2019 Aug 28||14 days, one-way from Southampton to Reykjavik||Southampton||$7699|
|2019 Sep 11||16 days, one-way from Reykjavik to New York||Reykjavik|
|2019 Sep 27||11 days, one-way from New York to Montreal||New York||$7699|
|2019 Oct 08||11 days, one-way from Montreal to New York||Montreal||$7699|
|2019 Oct 19||11 days, one-way from New York to Montreal||New York||$5399|
|2019 Oct 30||16 days, one-way from Montreal to Miami||Montreal||$4999|
|2019 Nov 15||10 days, round-trip Sun & Serenade Miami To Miami||Miami||$2899|
|2019 Nov 25||10 days, round-trip Seaswept Breezes Miami To Miami||Miami||$3249|
|2019 Dec 05||17 days, round-trip Bountiful Beaches Miami To Miami||Miami||$4699|
|2019 Dec 05||10 days, round-trip Sunny Charms Miami To Miami||Miami||$2899|
|2019 Dec 15||7 days, round-trip Tropical Retreats Miami To Miami||Miami||$2199|
|2019 Dec 22||14 days, round-trip Blissful Holidays Miami To Miami||Miami||$5599|
|2020 Jan 26||9 days, round-trip Island Tempos Miami To Miami||Miami||$3399|
|2020 Feb 04||10 days, round-trip Palms & Paradise Miami To Miami||Miami||$3799|
|2020 Feb 14||12 days, round-trip Brilliant Beaches Miami To Miami||Miami||$3699|
|2020 Feb 26||14 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean Gems Miami To Miami||Miami||$4299|
|2020 Mar 11||10 days, round-trip Beaches & Bays Miami To Miami||Miami||$3499|
|2020 Mar 21||25 days, one-way from Miami to Civitavecchia||Miami||$6599|
|2020 Mar 21||10 days, round-trip Palms & Paradise Miami To Miami||Miami||$2699|
|2020 Mar 31||15 days, one-way from Miami to Civitavecchia||Miami||$3949|
|2020 Apr 19||10 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Barcelona||Monte Carlo||$4199|
|2020 Apr 29||10 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia||Barcelona||$3399|
|2020 May 09||11 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Piraeus||Civitavecchia||$4799|
|2020 May 26||12 days, one-way from Venice to Barcelona||Venice||$5299|
|2020 Jun 07||12 days, one-way from Barcelona to Piraeus||Barcelona||$4599|
|2020 Jun 19||10 days, one-way from Piraeus to Venice||Piraeus||$3999|
|2020 Jun 29||10 days, one-way from Venice to Barcelona||Venice||$4899|
|2020 Jul 09||7 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia||Barcelona||$3699|
|2020 Jul 16||10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Monte Carlo||Civitavecchia||$4199|
|2020 Jul 26||17 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Venice||Monte Carlo||$5799|
|2020 Jul 26||7 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Barcelona||Monte Carlo||$2999|
|2020 Aug 02||10 days, one-way from Barcelona to Venice||Barcelona||$4099|
|2020 Aug 12||10 days, one-way from Venice to Monte Carlo||Venice||$4099|
|2020 Aug 22||10 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Civitavecchia||Monte Carlo||$4099|
|2020 Sep 01||19 days, round-trip Eternal Favorites Rome To Rome||Civitavecchia||$7699|
|2020 Sep 01||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$2899|
|2020 Sep 08||12 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia||Barcelona||$5399|
|2020 Sep 20||14 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Piraeus||Civitavecchia||$5999|
|2020 Oct 04||24 days, one-way from Piraeus to Civitavecchia||Piraeus||$9399|
|2020 Oct 04||12 days, one-way from Piraeus to Lisbon||Piraeus||$4499|
|2020 Oct 16||28 days, one-way from Lisbon to Miami||Lisbon||$8999|
|2020 Oct 16||12 days, one-way from Lisbon to Civitavecchia||Lisbon||$5399|
|2020 Oct 28||16 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Miami||Civitavecchia||$4399|