Oceania Riviera current position
Specifications of Oceania Riviera
|Year built||2012 / Age: 9|
|Flag state||Marshall Islands|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Sestri Ponente, Genoa Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 500 million|
|Owner||(NCLH) Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd|
|Speed||20 kn / 37 kph / 23 mph|
|Length (LOA)||251 m / 823 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||66172 gt|
|Passengers||1258 - 1447|
|Decks with cabins||6|
|Sister-ships||Oceania Marina, Oceania Vista|
|Christened by||Cat Cora|
Oceania Riviera Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2021 Oct 06||12 days, one-way from Barcelona to Istanbul||Barcelona|
|2021 Oct 18||20 days, one-way from Istanbul to Monte Carlo||Istanbul|
|2021 Oct 18||10 days, one-way from Istanbul to Venice||Istanbul|
|2021 Oct 28||10 days, one-way from Venice to Monte Carlo||Venice|
|2021 Nov 07||26 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Miami||Monte Carlo|
|2021 Nov 07||10 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Civitavecchia||Monte Carlo|
|2021 Nov 17||16 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Miami||Civitavecchia||$4499|
|2021 Dec 03||10 days, round-trip Atlantic Amber Gems Miami to Miami||Miami|
|2021 Dec 13||10 days, round-trip Mayan Miami Montage Miami to Miami||Miami|
|2021 Dec 23||12 days, round-trip Sunny Festivities Miami to Miami||Miami||$5099|
|2022 Jan 04||73 days, round-trip Island Time Odyssey Miami to Miami||Miami|
|2022 Jan 04||10 days, round-trip Atlantic Amber Gems Miami to Miami||Miami||$3599|
|2022 Jan 14||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Charms Miami to Miami||Miami||$4799|
|2022 Jan 28||10 days, round-trip Atlantic Amber Gems Miami to Miami||Miami||$3749|
|2022 Feb 07||12 days, round-trip Bays to Beaches Miami to Miami||Miami||$4499|
|2022 Feb 19||17 days, round-trip Sunny Seascapes Miami to Miami||Miami||$5699|
|2022 Feb 19||7 days, round-trip Tropical Retreats Miami to Miami||Miami||$2849|
|2022 Feb 26||10 days, round-trip Atlantic Amber Gems Miami to Miami||Miami||$3849|
|2022 Mar 08||10 days, round-trip Atlantic Amber Gems Miami to Miami||Miami||$3149|
|2022 Mar 18||10 days, one-way from Miami to Lisbon||Miami|
|2022 Mar 18||17 days, one-way from Miami to Barcelona||Miami||$4349|
|2022 Mar 28||7 days, one-way from Lisbon to Barcelona||Lisbon|
|2022 Apr 25||12 days, one-way from Barcelona to Venice||Barcelona||$5299|
|2022 May 07||22 days, one-way from Venice to Tarragona||Venice||$9599|
|2022 May 07||10 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice||$5299|
|2022 May 17||12 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Tarragona||Civitavecchia||$5299|
|2022 May 29||17 days, one-way from Tarragona to Civitavecchia||Tarragona|
|2022 May 29||7 days, one-way from Tarragona to Monte Carlo||Tarragona|
|2022 Jun 05||10 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Civitavecchia||Monte Carlo||$4849|
|2022 Jun 15||10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$4849|
|2022 Jun 25||22 days, one-way from Barcelona to Istanbul||Barcelona||$8699|
|2022 Jun 25||12 days, one-way from Barcelona to Venice||Barcelona||$5449|
|2022 Jul 07||10 days, one-way from Venice to Istanbul||Venice||$4999|
|2022 Jul 17||10 days, one-way from Istanbul to Piraeus||Istanbul|
|2022 Jul 27||10 days, round-trip Aegean Wonders Athens to Athens||Piraeus||$4299|
|2022 Aug 06||12 days, one-way from Piraeus to Barcelona||Piraeus||$4999|
|2022 Aug 18||10 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia||Barcelona||$3799|
|2022 Aug 18||17 days, one-way from Barcelona to Venice||Barcelona||$6299|
|2022 Aug 28||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice||Civitavecchia|
|2022 Aug 28||17 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Istanbul||Civitavecchia|
|2022 Sep 04||10 days, one-way from Venice to Istanbul||Venice||$4999|
|2022 Sep 14||12 days, one-way from Istanbul to Civitavecchia||Istanbul||$4999|
|2022 Sep 14||19 days, one-way from Istanbul to Barcelona||Istanbul||$6799|
|2022 Sep 26||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$3299|
|2022 Oct 03||10 days, one-way from Barcelona to Lisbon||Barcelona||$3449|
|2022 Oct 13||11 days, one-way from Lisbon to Civitavecchia||Lisbon||$4449|
|2022 Oct 24||11 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Monte Carlo||Civitavecchia||$3649|
|2022 Nov 04||10 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Venice||Monte Carlo||$3899|
|2022 Dec 23||12 days, round-trip Alluring Caribbean Miami to Miami||Miami||$3449|
|2023 Jan 04||77 days, round-trip Silhouettes of Sunshine Miami to Miami||Miami||$25049|
|2023 Jan 04||10 days, round-trip Enticing Caribbean Miami to Miami||Miami||$2649|
|2023 Jan 14||10 days, round-trip Enticing Caribbean Miami to Miami||Miami||$2849|
Oceania Riviera Review
Review of Oceania Riviera
The 2012-built Oceania Riviera cruise ship is one of company's newest, with sistership Marina. Both liners were constructed by Fincantieri's Sestri Ponente shipyard (in Genoa Italy) and designed by the Norwegian marine architecture company Y&S "Petter Yran and Bjorn Storbratten".
History - construction and ownership
Oceania Cruises is a US passenger shipping company and luxury travel brand owned by NCLH-Norwegian (shipowner), Between April 2007 and September 2014, the company (as part of "Prestige Cruise Holdings") was owned by Apollo Management LP - one of the world's largest private investment equity funds. Since September 2014, Oceania and the sister company RSSC-Regent are owned by NCLH - acquired at the total cost of USD 3 billion. Oceania ships offer luxury cruises with relatively shorter itineraries, as well as Around The World voyages up to 180 days in length.
The 1300-passenger ship Riviera was launched on May 11, 2012. MS Riviera's godmother was "Iron Chef" and Food Network star Cat Cora, a fitting choice for a cruise company that is aimed at enthusiastic foodies.
In February 2016, Oceania Cruises won six “best for” awards for the luxurious mid-sized mv Riviera, voted for by Cruise Critic readers. The sophisticated ship dominated by being voted for having the best service, dining, staterooms, public rooms and embarkation process on board. Not only this, but Oceania Cruises was also cited in the top 5 in an additional 3 categories. Oceania Riviera awards are in the following categories: Best Cruise Ship for Embarkation, Best Cruise Ship for Dining, Best Cruises Ship for Service, Best Cruise Ship Cabins, Best Cruise Ship Public Rooms and Best Cruises Overall. Riviera features the 5-star luxury that Oceania has always been well known for. The cruise ship reflects the line’s key pillars of service, comfort and the finest cuisine at sea.
Cruise itinerary program
Oceania Riviera itinerary program is based on luxury Caribbean cruises sailing out of Miami, Florida. During summer, the ship cruises in the Mediterranean with departures mainly from Barcelona, Rome and Venice, with Transatlantic repositioning crossings.
Decks and Cabins
Oceania Riviera staterooms (629 total, in 17 grades) include 147 Suites, 444 Balcony, 20 Oceanview, 18 Interior. Most (94%) are the 240 ft2 / 22 m2 sized Balcony cabins. The largest passenger accommodations are the aft-facing Owners Suites (1335 ft2 / 124 m2 plus 665 ft2 / 62 m2 wraparound terrace).
The boat has 15 decks, of which 12 are passenger-accessible and 6 with cabins.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Oceania Cruises Riviera ship offers four reservations-only restaurants, plus a buffet restaurant and casual snack spots. Speciality restaurants come with no additional charge but require reservations. The most high-profile of all is Jacques, the first restaurant ever created, on land or sea, by celebrity chef Jacques Pepin. Jacques is designed with the feel of a French bistro and focuses on traditional French cuisine. Other speciality restaurants include the Polo Grill steakhouse and the Mediterranean Toscana - both carry-overs from the earlier ships of the line, and Red Ginger, which is an excellent pan-Asian spot.
Follows the complete list of Riviera restaurants and food bars.
- Red Ginger (feng shui Asia speciality restaurant with a 5-course “tasting” and a la carte menu)
- Jacques (124-seat complimentary dinner restaurant, reservations-only; features French cuisine by chef Pepin)
- Grand Dining Room (complimentary 340-seat restaurant for open seating Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner; offers French-inspired dishes, and menus change daily)
- Waves Grill (casual dining fast-food bar; serves the pool deck area with made-to-order daily specialities and gelato ice cream)
- Terrace Cafe & Bar (casual buffet restaurant, complimentary; open for breakfast and lunch; features indoor and outdoor sitting areas; the Terrace Bar serves as a small pizzeria as well; the Terrace Cafe transforms into “Tapas On The Terrace” at night serving traditional Mediterranean cuisine)
- Culinary Center (for cooking classes and demos; hosts the “Gourmet Explorer Series” which consist of 20 new cooking classes; there is also "La Technique" - an exclusive cooking class focusing on the techniques of master chef Chef Jaques Pepin.
- La Reserve (24-seat wine bar at surcharge; offers wine tastings and a 7-course dinner menu)
- Toscana (96-seat Italian fine dining restaurant, dinner-only, reservations-only, complimentary; offers traditional Italian cuisine)
- Polo Grill (96-seat Steakhouse restaurant, complimentary; reservations required)
- Privee (a limited capacity private dining room, between Toscana and Polo, 10-seat, charge $1000 for the entire room; features Chef’s Table and 7-course gourmet menu)
- In October 2015, Oceania announced its plan to combine the Toscana and Polo Grill speciality restaurants into a new venue - “Tuscan Steak”, with quality wood panelling decorated with platinum and silver. The gourmet dinner menu of the new restaurant includes items, such as “Bistecca alla Fiorentina”, “Maine Lobster & Shrimp Fra Diavol”, “Tuscan Porterhouse Steak”, and the signature pork chops of Oceania Cruises “Iberico de Bellota”. At the entrance, there is a wine cellar with a selection of fine wines.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Such as her sister ship Marina, Riviera cruise liner sports some of cruising's most palatial rooms, featuring furnishings from Ralph Lauren Home and layouts by Dakota Jackson of New York and S.B. Long designers of Greenwich, Connecticut. The cruise liner also has a Lalique-designed grand lobby, ten restaurants and many bars and lounges. Amenities include a full-service Canyon Ranch SpaClub, Bon Appetit Culinary Center (for demos and cooking classes), and the La Reserve by Wine Spectator wine bar lounge.
Follows the complete list of Riviera lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Riviera Lounge (main showroom/theatre for live evening entertainment and themed dancing parties; hosts daily trivia quizzes, lectures and presentations)
- The Casino (operates with USD bets; served by the Casino Bar)
- Martinis (a piano bar serving a variety of Martinis)
- Three Boutiques (duty-free perfumes, jewellery, Oceania-logo merchandise, clothes, gifts, convenience goods)
- Upper Hall lounge area (with grand piano for live performances; served by the Martinis Bar)
- Grand Bar (wine bar; hosts wine tastings; served by Baristas making complimentary illy beverages)
- Concierge Lounge (Concierge Level and Suite guests lounge)
- Executive Lounge (Concierge-Level Balcony and Suite guests)
- Artist Loft (educational centre for Oceania Cruises’ enrichment programmes)
- Riviera Wellness Center (includes a Spa Terrace, Spa Whirlpool, Steam Rooms, Treatment Rooms, Styling Salon, Canyon Ranch Spa Club, Fitness/Gym, and Boardroom (cards playing and board games; Canyon Ranch Spa Club treatments include: Acupuncture, Ayurveda, Healing Energy, Body Wraps and Scrubs, Skin Care, Tanning, Massages and Exotic Treatments.)
- Oceania@Sea (24-hour Internet computers room; Private lessons/group classes are also provided)
- Pool area (with one swimming pool, two Whirlpools, sunbathing area and a Band Stand; served by the Waves Bar)
- Sanctuary (outdoor shaded area with loungers)
- The Patio (outdoor shaded lounge with chairs, daybeds, sofas)
- Baristas (patisserie & speciality coffee bar serving illy coffees, complimentary)
- Horizons (Lounge & Bar served by the Horizons Bar; has floor-ceiling windows, live entertainment, full bar; also serves Afternoon Tea; becomes a nightclub at night)
- Fitness Track (Power Walking/Jogging Track); Promenade (on Deck 6)
- The Library (1000+ books of which many port-destination guide books); Board Room
- Sun Deck (served by the Polo Bar; has sunloungers, showers, deck games - Shuffleboard, Golf Driving Net, 9-hole Mini-Golf putting greens, tennis court).
Oceania Riviera - user reviews and comments
Photos of Oceania RivieraAdd Photo
Oceania Riviera ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
The passenger-free Oceania Cruises ship Riviera is expected to dock on Sunday, June 14, in Eastport (Maine USA) for “an extended period...June 14, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Oceania Cruises revealed its 2021-2022 Tropics & Exotics Collection of new itineraries to the Caribbean, South Pacific, South America, Africa...March 9, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Oceania Cruises debuted “Aquamar Spa + Vitality Center” - the company's new wellness experience to be introduced fleetwide this winter...October 9, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Oceania Cruises finished a major renovation of its Riviera ship as part of the OceaniaNEXT fleet enhancement program. In May 2020, similar changes...May 31, 2019
Federal agents at PortMiami noticed something weird in the way a crew member walked off Oceania Riviera cruise ship the day after New Year’s...January 8, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Oceania Cruises unveiled the first of many enhancements coming to line's 1,250-passenger ships Marina and Riviera: a new generation of Owner's Suites...October 11, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Luxury cruise line Oceania expanded its vegan offerings onboard all 6 of its ships, making the company one of the most vegan-friendly on the high...July 2, 2018
For the third time since December 2015, the Vessel Sanitation Program (VSP) of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is investigating...March 27, 2016
Oceania Cruises ship Riviera returned to Miami on Saturday, two days early from its last cruise, due to a norovirus outbreak, so the vessel could...February 23, 2016
- show more news
Other Oceania Cruises cruise ships
Oceania Riviera Wiki
Oceania Riviera ship is the second of the line's two newbuild vessels. Her sister and fleet mate is ms Marina. The vessel was christened on May 11, 2012, in Barcelona. Her Godmother is the professional chef Cat Cora, the "Iron Chef" of America. Her Inaugural cruise was in the region of the Mediterranean Sea. It started in Italy (Venice) and ended ten days later in Greece (Athens).
On September 2, 2014, the NCL Norwegian company purchased the company "Prestige Cruise Holdings" (owner of Oceania and RSSC-Regent Seven Seas) for USD 3,025 billion, thus becoming the official owner of all vessels in both fleets.
The Apollo Group company provides all Oceania ships with the entire onboard hotel product and services. This includes administration, food staff (preparation and serving), housekeeping staff, also the vessel's provisioning and crewing. Other cruise lines served by Apollo are Thomson UK (Marella Cruises) and RSSC-Regent.
Oceania Riviera 2019 refurbishment review
Ship's drydock refurbishment in April 2019 (an OceaniaNEXT project) resulted in several deckplan changes (details soon to be announced). What is known so far is adding a new cabin category (Owner Suite) designed by Trevor R. Howells (Los Angeles-based interior design firm).
Owner Suites are 2-room cabins furnished with Ralph Lauren Home furniture. The color scheme is white-navy blue-camel-creme. Upholstery and fabrics are in melange (stripes and solids), with pops in silver-gold-metallic. Suite's foyer features premium wood paneling and stone flooring (limestone, black cabochon). The in-cabin bar is mahogany and with a quartzite stone top.
Suite's living room has floor-ceiling windows, Grimaldi-weave sail white fabrics, self-playing piano (made from polished ebony - black hardwood), sectional sofa (with navy blue cushions), mahogany lounge chair. Suite's dining room has a Mayfair table and Barrett Medium Knurled chandelier (natural brass). Master bedroom has a King-size bed, Mayfair Bergere armchairs, nickel-trimmed lighting.
Suite's wraparound balcony is premium teak-floored and fitted with custom-made (by Ralph Lauren) outdoor lounge furniture.
Oceania Riviera User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review