Oceania Sirena current position
Specifications of Oceania Sirena
|Year built||1999 / Age: 21|
|Builder||Chantiers de l’Atlantique (Saint-Nazaire, STX France)|
|Class||Renaissance / R-Class|
|Building cost||GBP 150 million (USD 200 million)|
|Owner||(NCLH) Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd|
|Speed||20 kn / 37 kph / 23 mph|
|Length (LOA)||181 m / 594 ft|
|Beam (width)||25 m / 82 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||30277 gt|
|Passengers||698 - 803|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Former names||Ocean Princess, Tahitian Princess, R Four (Renaissance Cruises)|
|Christened by||Claudine Pepin|
Oceania Sirena Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2020 Nov 09||12 days, one-way from Haifa to Istanbul||Haifa||$6149|
|2020 Nov 21||20 days, one-way from Istanbul to Dubai||Istanbul|
|2020 Dec 11||10 days, round-trip Middle East Meandering Dubai To Dubai||Dubai||$5899|
|2020 Dec 21||15 days, one-way from Dubai to Mumbai||Dubai||$4049|
|2021 Jan 05||15 days, one-way from Mumbai to Yangon||Mumbai||$3899|
|2021 Jan 20||15 days, one-way from Yangon to Laem Chabang||Yangon||$3899|
|2021 Feb 04||24 days, one-way from Laem Chabang to Dubai||Laem Chabang||$5249|
|2021 Feb 28||10 days, round-trip Middle East Meandering Dubai To Dubai||Dubai||$3199|
|2021 Mar 10||22 days, one-way from Dubai to Piraeus||Dubai||$5499|
|2021 Apr 01||7 days, one-way from Piraeus to Istanbul||Piraeus||$2599|
|2021 Apr 08||10 days, one-way from Istanbul to Barcelona||Istanbul||$2699|
|2021 Apr 18||12 days, round-trip Marquee Mediterranean Barcelona To Barcelona||Barcelona||$2949|
|2021 Apr 18||24 days, one-way from Barcelona to Southampton||Barcelona||$6149|
|2021 Apr 30||12 days, one-way from Barcelona to Southampton||Barcelona||$3399|
|2021 May 12||10 days, round-trip Western Europe Quest London To London||Southampton||$4199|
|2021 May 12||22 days, round-trip Icons Of The Isles London To London||Southampton||$7299|
|2021 May 22||12 days, round-trip Charming British Isles London To London||Southampton||$4399|
|2021 May 22||22 days, round-trip North Sea Sojourn London To London||Southampton|
|2021 Jun 03||10 days, round-trip Celtic Thrones London To London||Southampton||$5699|
|2021 Jun 13||10 days, round-trip British Isles Lowlands London To London||Southampton||$4099|
|2021 Jun 13||20 days, one-way from Southampton to Leith-Edinburgh||Southampton||$7899|
|2021 Jun 23||10 days, one-way from Southampton to Leith-Edinburgh||Southampton||$4399|
|2021 Jul 03||12 days, one-way from Leith-Edinburgh to Reykjavik||Leith-Edinburgh||$4999|
|2021 Jul 15||12 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Copenhagen||Reykjavik||$5249|
|2021 Jul 15||22 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Stockholm||Reykjavik||$7549|
|2021 Jul 27||10 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Stockholm||Copenhagen||$3799|
|2021 Jul 27||30 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Southampton||Copenhagen||$10049|
|2021 Aug 06||20 days, one-way from Stockholm to Southampton||Stockholm||$7199|
|2021 Aug 06||40 days, round-trip Great Northern Circle Stockholm To Stockholm||Stockholm||$13199|
|2021 Aug 26||20 days, one-way from Southampton to Stockholm||Southampton||$6849|
|2021 Aug 26||30 days, round-trip Myths To The Majestic London To London||Southampton||$9699|
|2021 Sep 15||10 days, one-way from Stockholm to Southampton||Stockholm||$3949|
|2021 Sep 15||20 days, one-way from Stockholm to Southampton||Stockholm||$6799|
|2021 Sep 25||10 days, round-trip Cheers To The Isles London To London||Southampton||$3999|
|2021 Sep 25||20 days, round-trip British Isles Beyond London To London||Southampton|
|2021 Oct 05||10 days, round-trip Western Europe Quest London To London||Southampton||$3699|
|2021 Oct 15||15 days, one-way from Southampton to Miami||Southampton||$3349|
|2021 Oct 15||27 days, one-way from Southampton to Bridgetown||Southampton||$5149|
|2021 Oct 30||12 days, one-way from Miami to Bridgetown||Miami||$2599|
|2021 Nov 11||10 days, round-trip Crystalline Caribbean Bridgetown To Bridgetown||Bridgetown||$2499|
|2021 Nov 21||10 days, round-trip Crystalline Caribbean Bridgetown To Bridgetown||Bridgetown||$2349|
|2021 Dec 01||11 days, one-way from Bridgetown to Miami||Bridgetown||$2499|
|2021 Dec 12||10 days, round-trip Sun-Splashed Soiree Miami To Miami||Miami||$2099|
|2021 Dec 22||14 days, round-trip Sirena Celebrations Miami To Miami||Miami||$4099|
|2022 Jan 05||7 days, round-trip Tropical Retreats Miami To Miami||Miami||$1899|
|2022 Jan 05||17 days, round-trip Cultural Caribbean Miami To Miami||Miami||$3799|
|2022 Jan 12||10 days, round-trip Sun-Splashed Soiree Miami To Miami||Miami||$2999|
|2022 Jan 22||10 days, one-way from Miami to Panama City||Miami||$3099|
|2022 Feb 01||10 days, one-way from Panama City to Miami||Panama City||$3099|
|2022 Feb 11||12 days, round-trip Waves Of Wanderlust Miami To Miami||Miami||$3499|
|2022 Feb 23||10 days, round-trip Sun-Splashed Soiree Miami To Miami||Miami||$2949|
|2022 Mar 05||12 days, one-way from Miami to Oranjestad||Miami||$3199|
|2022 Mar 29||21 days, one-way from Bridgetown to Civitavecchia||Bridgetown||$4399|
|2022 Mar 29||14 days, one-way from Bridgetown to Barcelona||Bridgetown||$2999|
|2022 Apr 12||7 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia||Barcelona||$2449|
Oceania Sirena Review
Review of Oceania Sirena
Launched in 1999 as R Four, Oceania Sirena cruise ship is an R-class vessel with sisterships Regatta, Insignia and Nautica. Until 2016, the liner was part of Princess Cruises fleet under the name "MS Ocean Princess". Oceania ship Sirena will be drydock refurbished in 2019 (May) by company's new OceaniaNEXT fleet renovation project (2019-2020).
History - construction and ownership
Oceania Cruises is a US company, and brand owned by NCL Norwegian (shipowner), Between April 2007 and September 2014, the company (as part of "Prestige Cruise Holdings") was owned by Apollo Management LP - one of the world's largest private investment equity funds. Since September 2014, Oceania and the sister company RSSC-Regent Seven Seas Cruises are owned by NCL, acquired at the total cost of USD 3 billion. Oceania ships offer luxury cruises with relatively shorter itineraries, as well as Around The World voyages up to 180 days in length.
The 30,277-ton, 684-passenger cruise ship Sirena was scheduled for a 35-day refurbishment in Marseille, France in March 2016, which cost around USD 40 million. The new Oceania ship Sirena was transformed just like her R-Class sisters to feature renowned speciality restaurants and the line’s latest “luxury cruising” inventions – the Baristas service and the Terrace Cafe (cook-to-order grill).
Cruise itinerary program
Oceania Sirena has a total of 342 cabins (of which 62 Suites, 170 balcony rooms) in 25 grades. Most Sirena staterooms (66%) are 175-sq.foot Balcony rooms (184). The largest aboard Sirena is the Owner’s Suite (735 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Sirena guests take advantage of the flexibility of 4 open seating dining venues. The Grand Dining Room serves Continental cuisine. it is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Alternative, reservations-required options are Toscana, which offers gourmet Italian food, and the steak house Polo Grill. The buffet restaurant Terraces serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is transformed into "Tapas on the Terrace" at night for a relaxed atmosphere. All dining venues have bars, and there is no cover charge. In addition, a poolside grill offers hamburgers, sandwiches and salads at lunchtime. There is also a pizzeria in the buffet area. The observation lounge Horizons serves afternoon tea. Room service is available 24 hours.
The Sirena ship offers a new bistro-style concept. At lunch, the Dining Room is transformed into the “Jacques Bistro” serving an exclusive menu with signature dishes by Oceania’s executive chef Mr Jacques Pepin.
Follows the complete list of Sirena restaurants and food bars.
- Grand Dining Room (complimentary 340-seat restaurant for open seating Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner; offers French-inspired dishes, and menus change daily)
- Waves Grill (casual dining fast-food bar; serves the pool deck area with made-to-order daily specialities and gelato ice cream)
- Terrace Cafe & Bar (casual buffet restaurant, complimentary; open for breakfast and lunch; features indoor and outdoor sitting areas; the Terrace Bar serves as a small pizzeria as well; the Terrace Cafe transforms into “Tapas On The Terrace” at night serving traditional Mediterranean cuisine)
- Toscana (96-seat Italian fine dining restaurant, dinner-only, reservations-only, complimentary; offers traditional Italian cuisine)
- Red Ginger (feng shui Asia speciality restaurant with a 5-course “tasting” and a la carte menu)
- Polo Grill (96-seat Steakhouse restaurant, complimentary; reservations required)
- In October 2015, Oceania announced its plan to combine the Toscana and Polo Grill speciality restaurants into a new venue - “Tuscan Steak”, with quality wood panelling decorated with platinum and silver. The gourmet dinner menu of the new restaurant includes items, such as “Bistecca alla Fiorentina”, “Maine Lobster & Shrimp Fra Diavol”, “Tuscan Porterhouse Steak”, and the signature pork chops of Oceania Cruises “Iberico de Bellota”. At the entrance, there is a wine cellar with a selection of fine wines.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
MS Sirena welcomes her first passengers in 2016 Summer with every luxury one may expect onboard Oceania’s mid-sized ships. She features open-seating restaurants, eight lounges and bars, casino, world-class wellness centre.
Follows the complete list of Sirena lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Sirena Lounge (main showroom/theatre for live evening entertainment and themed dancing parties; hosts daily trivia quizzes, lectures and presentations)
- The Casino (operates with USD bets; served by the Casino Bar)
- Martinis (a piano bar serving a variety of Martinis)
- Two Boutiques (duty-free perfumes, jewellery, Oceania-logo merchandise, clothes, gifts, convenience goods)
- Upper Hall lounge area (with grand piano for live performances; served by the Martinis Bar)
- Grand Bar (wine bar; hosts wine tastings; served by Baristas making complimentary illy beverages)
- Baristas Grand (Coffee Bar)
- Sirena Wellness Center (includes a Spa Terrace, Spa Whirlpool, Steam Rooms, Treatment Rooms, Styling Salon, Canyon Ranch Spa Club, Fitness/Gym, and Boardroom (cards playing and board games; Canyon Ranch Spa Club treatments include: Acupuncture, Ayurveda, Healing Energy, Body Wraps and Scrubs, Skin Care, Tanning, Massages and Exotic Treatments.)
- Oceania@Sea (24-hour Internet computers room; Private lessons/group classes are also provided)
- Pool area (with one swimming pool, two Whirlpools, sunbathing area and a Band Stand; served by the Waves Bar)
- The Patio (outdoor shaded lounge with chairs, daybeds, sofas)
- Horizons (Lounge & Bar served by the Horizons Bar; has floor-ceiling windows, live entertainment, full bar; also serves Afternoon Tea; becomes a nightclub at night)
- Fitness Track (Power Walking/Jogging Track)
- The Library (1000+ books of which many port-destination guide books)
- Sun Deck (served by the Polo Bar; has sunloungers, showers, deck games - Shuffleboard, Golf Driving Net, 9-hole Mini-Golf putting greens).
Oceania Sirena - user reviews and comments
Photos of Oceania SirenaAdd Photo
Oceania Sirena ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Oceania Cruises revealed its 2021-2022 Tropics & Exotics Collection of new itineraries to the Caribbean, South Pacific, South America, Africa...March 9, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Oceania Cruises debuted “Aquamar Spa + Vitality Center” - the company's new wellness experience to be introduced fleetwide this winter...October 9, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Oceania Cruises recently introduced its refurbished ship, Sirena. The top to bottom re-build ship is part of the US$100+ million OceaniaNEXT...June 15, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Bermuda Maritime Operations Centre announced that both Norwegian Escape and Oceania Sirena had cancelled their visits to Bermuda due to weather...September 7, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Oceania Cruises unveiled its OceaniaNEXT initiative, consisting of an array of enhancements designed to elevate guest experience. First to be...August 13, 2018
- show more news
Other Oceania Cruises cruise ships
Oceania Sirena Wiki
Oceania Sirena cruise ship (Ocean Princess until 2016) was built under the name R Four, as one of the R-class vessels acquired from the fleet of the defunct Renaissance Cruises. In April 2016, the new ship joined her R-Class sisters (and current fleet mates) Insignia, Nautica and Regatta. Other cruise line vessels from this "Renaissance-class" are Azamara Journey, Azamara Pursuit and Azamara Quest (Azamara Club Cruises), Pacific Princess (Princess Cruises).
The ship was initially owned by a group of French investors and operated by the Renaissance cruise line company. Renaissance bankrupted in 2001, and Princess Cruises purchased two of its vessels - Ocean and Pacific. First, they renamed the "R Four" ship to "Tahitian Princess" and later to "Ocean Princess".
The vessel was delivered to Oceania in March 2016. It was purchased from its previous owner Carnival Corp for USD 82 million and underwent a 35-day long drydock refurbishment in France (Marseille) at the cost of UD $50 million before entering Oceania's fleet.
The name "Sirena" means "mermaid" in Spanish. The ship was transformed from "Princess" to "Oceania" with both new and traditional touches, including the addition of the Italian seafood/steakhouse restaurant Tuscan Steak (in the place of Toscana and Polo Grill restaurants), the Asian restaurant Red Ginger, also Terrace Cafe and the popular Baristas bar.
In December 2015, Claudine Pepin (TV host, cookbook author, daughter of master chef Jacques Pepin) was announced as godmother for MS Sirena. Jacques Pepin is also Oceania Cruises' Executive Culinary Director. The naming ceremony was held on April 27, 2016, in Barcelona. The traditional bottle smashing failed the first time (considered very bad luck for the ship), but the "Moet & Chandon Champagne" bottle was utterly smashed in the ship's hull on the second try. Following the christening, the godmother and her famous father sailed on the Inaugural Cruise, featuring themed onboard events (including cooking demonstrations and cookbook singing). All guests booked on the maiden voyage received a complimentary copy of Claudine Pepin's book "Let's Cook French".
On September 2, 2014, the NCL Norwegian company purchased the company "Prestige Cruise Holdings" (owner of Oceania and RSSC-Regent Seven Seas) for USD 3,025 billion, thus becoming the official owner of all vessels in both fleets.
The Apollo Group company provides all Oceania ships with the entire onboard hotel product and services. This includes administration, food staff (preparation and serving), housekeeping staff, also the vessel's provisioning and crewing. Other cruise lines served by Apollo are Thomson UK (Marella Cruises) and RSSC-Regent.
The new Sirena ship started operations for Oceania Cruises in April 2016, with Inaugural season in Europe (Mediterranean Sea). Follows the list of special and repositioning cruise itineraries with ports of call times and suggestive Euro prices per person:
- April 27 (Inaugural cruise / "Maiden Voyage" for Oceania) 14 day Barcelona to Venice - from €4000 - ports of call Marseille, Monte Carlo, St Tropez, Elba, Rome, Positano, Messina, Malta, Kotor, Split, Koper
- September 20 (28-day Transatlantic crossing) Barcelona to New York - from €5600
- October 4 (14-day Transatlantic) Barcelona to New York - from €2160
- October 4 (24-day Transatlantic) Barcelona to New York - from €4560 - Alicante, Almeria, Cadiz, Madeira, Bermuda/Hamilton
- October 28 (28 day) New York to Miami - from €5680 - Bermuda (Hamilton), St Barthelemy, St Lucia, Tobago, Amazon River cruise (Brazil - Santarem, Boca da Valeria, Manaus, Parintins), Cayenne/Devil's Island, Barbados, Martinique, BVI (Virgin Gorda), Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic (La Romana)
- November 25 (16 day Panama Canal transition) Miami to Los Angeles - from €3050 - Great Stirrup Cay, Cartagena, Golfito, Puntarenas, Corinto, Puerto Quetzal, Acapulco, Cabo, San Diego
Cuba cruises from Miami 2018
For 2018 Caribbean season (April-June and September-December) Oceania Cruises Sirena ship had scheduled a total of 15 roundtrip Miami Florida itineraries (7-10-days) visiting ports in Cuba (Havana, Santiago de Cuba, Cienfuegos). The longer itineraries also visited ports in the Bahamas (including Great Stirrup Cay Island).
Each Cuban voyage featured a wide array of traditional Cuban dishes, as well as expert-led onboard lectures themed on the country's history, art and music.
Next table shows a 7-day round-trip itinerary (themed "Timeless Cuba") with prices starting from USD 3400 pp (double occupancy Inside cabin rates).
|06 Jun||Departing from Miami, Florida|
|07 Jun 09:00 - 19:00||Havana, Cuba|
|10 Jun 07:00 - 15:00||Cienfuegos, Cuba|
|11 Jun 11:00 - 18:00||Santiago de Cuba|
|13 Jun||Arriving in Miami, Florida|
Ocean Princess ship
Follows the table with information regarding the previously named "MS Ocean Princess" vessel.
- Last refurbished 2012
- MMSI number 310505000
- Callsign code ZCDS4
- Flag State (registered in) Bermuda
- Christened by three godparents (Ali McGraw, Ryan O'Neal, Tonita Flosse)
- Passenger decks: 9
- Cabin grades number: 25
- Total number of cabins: 338 (of which 62 Suites, 170 balcony rooms)
- Dining Rooms: Club Restaurant
- Restaurants and food bars: Sterling (steakhouse), Sabatini’s (Italian), Panorama (buffet), Pizzeria
- Lounges & Bars: Cabaret (theatre), Tahitian (nightclub), Club Bar, poolside bars
- Casino, Library, Art Gallery, Lotus Spa, Swimming Pools (2 -Main pool, Thalasso pool, Jacuzzis (3), Golf cage, Jogging track, Shuffleboard nets, Beauty salon, Sauna.
- This Princess cruise ship had a bit more godparents than usual - Madame Tonita Flosse (First Lady of French Polynesia at the time) and Ali McGraw and Ryan O'Neal (stars of the 1970 movie "Love Story").
- Fun fact is that the P&O Cruises ship Oceana was operated under the same name (Ocean Princess) in the period 2000-2002.
- In 2014, the vessel was purchased by Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings from Carnival Corporation for USD 82 million. The USD 24 million were paid in cash in November 2014. The other USD 66 million were the "Sirena loan" - provided to NCLH by Carnival Corp (running through Nov 2019) at an annual interest rate of 2,75%.
- Princess Cruises Ocean Princess itinerary program offered a diverse set of exotic itineraries with departures from UK, USA (Florida and California ports), from South Africa (Cape Town), Asia (Singapore) and Australia (Sydney). The ship also operated on World Cruise tours leaving from UK and Australia.
- The last Ocean Princess itinerary was the 64-day around South America cruise (January 3 - March 7). The itinerary included the following ports - Miami, Florida (3 Jan), Philipsburg, St. Maarten (6 Jan), Roseau, Dominica (7 Jan), Bridgetown, Barbados (8 Jan), Trinidad, Tobago (9 Jan), Iles Du Salut, French Guiana (11 Jan), Natal, Brazil (15 Jan), Rio De Janeiro, Brazil (19 Jan, 20 Jan), Ilhabela, Brazil (21 Jan), Santos (Sao Paulo), Brazil (22 Jan), Montevideo, Uruguay (25 Jan), Buenos Aires, Argentina (26 Jan, 27 Jan), Puerto Madryn, Argentina (30 Jan), Port Stanley, Falkland Islands (1 Feb), Ushuaia, Argentina (3 Feb), Cape Horn, Chile (4 Feb), Punta Arenas, Chile (6 Feb), Puerto Chacabuco, Chile (9 Feb), Puerto Montt, Chile (11 Feb), Valparaiso, Chile (13 Feb), Coquimbo, Chile (14 Feb), Arica, Chile (16 Feb), Pisco, Peru (18 Feb), Callao, Peru (19 Feb, 20 Feb), Salaverry, Peru (21 Feb), Guayaquil, Ecuador (23 Feb), Puntarenas, Costa Rica (26 Feb), Panama Canal (transit 28 Feb), Santa Marta, Colombia (1 Mar), Willemstad, Curacao (3 Mar), Miami, Florida (7 Mar).
Oceania Sirena User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review