Azamara Quest current position
Current itinerary of Azamara Quest
Azamara Quest current cruise is 15 days, one-way from Southampton to Barcelona. Prices start from USD 3219 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 10 Sep, 2020 and ends on 25 Sep, 2020.
|Date / Time||Port|
|10 Sep 18:00||Departing from Southampton, England hotels|
|11 Sep 08:00 - 18:00||Guernsey Island, St Peter Port, Channel Islands|
|13 Sep 05:00 - 15 Sep 05:30||Bordeaux, France|
|16 Sep 08:00 - 22:30||Bilbao, Spain|
|18 Sep 08:00 - 18:00||Porto-Leixoes, Oporto, Portugal|
|19 Sep 09:00 - 20 Sep 18:00||Lisbon, Portugal|
|21 Sep 23:30 - 22 Sep 23:30||Seville, Spain|
|23 Sep 13:00 - 20:00||Gibraltar, UK|
|25 Sep 06:00||Arriving in Barcelona, Spain hotels|
Specifications of Azamara Quest
|Year built||2000 / Age: 20|
|Builder||Chantiers de l’Atlantique (Saint-Nazaire, STX France)|
|Class||Renaissance / R-Class|
|Building cost||GBP 150 million (USD 200 million)|
|Owner||(RCCL) Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd|
|Operator||Azamara Club Cruises|
|Speed||18 kn / 33 kph / 21 mph|
|Length (LOA)||181 m / 594 ft|
|Beam (width)||25 m / 82 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||30277 gt|
|Passengers||702 - 781|
|Decks with cabins||6|
|Former names||R Seven (Renaissance Cruises)|
Azamara Quest Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2020 Sep 10||15 days, one-way from Southampton to Barcelona||Southampton||$3219|
|2020 Sep 28||12 days, one-way from Barcelona to Venice||Barcelona||$3079|
|2020 Oct 10||7 days, round-trip Croatia Intensive Voyage||Venice||$2009|
|2020 Oct 17||10 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice||$2722|
|2020 Oct 27||8 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$1319|
|2020 Nov 04||10 days, one-way from Barcelona to Lisbon||Barcelona||$1874|
|2020 Nov 14||16 days, one-way from Lisbon to Rio de Janeiro||Lisbon||$1799|
|2020 Nov 30||9 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to Buenos Aires||Rio de Janeiro||$1754|
|2020 Dec 09||12 days, round-trip Rio Intensive Voyage||Buenos Aires||$1499|
|2020 Dec 21||15 days, round-trip New Years Eve In Rio Voyage||Buenos Aires||$3074|
|2021 Jan 05||17 days, round-trip Antarctica Quest Voyage||Buenos Aires||$3749|
|2021 Jan 22||16 days, round-trip Argentina Uruguay Voyage||Buenos Aires||$2819|
|2021 Feb 07||13 days, round-trip Carnivale In Rio Voyage||Buenos Aires||$2339|
|2021 Feb 20||12 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro||Buenos Aires||$2099|
|2021 Mar 04||16 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to Lisbon||Rio de Janeiro||$2242|
|2021 Mar 20||12 days, one-way from Lisbon to Civitavecchia||Lisbon||$1687|
|2021 Apr 01||9 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice||Civitavecchia||$1462|
|2021 Apr 10||10 days, round-trip Croatia Intensive Voyage||Venice||$1912|
|2021 Apr 20||11 days, one-way from Venice to Piraeus||Venice||$1724|
|2021 May 01||14 days, round-trip Black Sea Voyage||Piraeus||$2924|
|2021 May 22||7 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice||$1199|
|2021 May 29||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Lisbon||Civitavecchia||$1124|
|2021 Jun 13||11 days, one-way from Lisbon to Southampton||Lisbon||$2512|
|2021 Jun 24||17 days, one-way from Southampton to Copenhagen||Southampton||$5534|
|2021 Jul 11||12 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Stockholm||Copenhagen||$3524|
|2021 Jul 23||12 days, one-way from Stockholm to Amsterdam||Stockholm||$3374|
|2021 Aug 04||12 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Dublin||Amsterdam||$3434|
|2021 Aug 16||12 days, round-trip Iceland Intensive Voyage||Dublin||$3839|
|2021 Aug 28||12 days, one-way from Dublin to Southampton||Dublin||$3442|
|2021 Sep 09||10 days, one-way from Southampton to Bordeaux||Southampton||$3209|
|2021 Sep 19||13 days, one-way from Bordeaux to Barcelona||Bordeaux||$4402|
|2021 Oct 02||7 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia||Barcelona||$1874|
|2021 Oct 09||10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice||Civitavecchia||$2639|
|2021 Oct 19||9 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice||$2474|
|2021 Oct 28||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$1544|
|2021 Nov 04||10 days, one-way from Barcelona to Lisbon||Barcelona||$2639|
|2021 Nov 14||12 days, one-way from Lisbon to Miami||Lisbon||$1679|
|2022 Jan 07||16 days, one-way from Miami to Callao||Miami||$4499|
|2022 Jan 23||10 days, one-way from Callao to Valparaiso||Callao||$2299|
|2022 Feb 02||21 days, one-way from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires||Valparaiso||$5199|
|2022 Feb 23||22 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Miami||Buenos Aires||$4799|
Azamara Quest Review
Review of Azamara Quest
History - construction and ownership
Azamara Club Cruises is a subsidiary company of RCCL-Royal Caribbean (shipowner). Founded in 2007 as "Azamara Cruises", the company was rebranded in 2009. Azamara liners were originally built as R-Class vessels for Renaissance Cruises (company operational between 1989-2001). Other RCCL-owned cruise companies (sister-brands) are Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity, Pullmantur, TUI, Marella (UK).
The 30,277-ton, 694-passenger cruise ship Azamara Quest was formerly sailing as R Seven (Renaissance), Delphin Renaissance (Cruiseinvest), and Blue Moon (Pullmantur). The vessel was renamed to “Azamara Quest” in 2007 when joining Azamara Cruises fleet.
In 2001, the original vessel’s owner Renaissance Cruises ceased operations due to liquidity. The vessel was launched in 2003 to be operated under charter by Delphin Seereisen under the name “Delphin Renaissance”. In 2006, Pullmantur bought the ship and renamed it to “Blue Moon”. In 2007, Pullmantur’s owner RCCL (Royal Caribbean) transferred the ship to its new subsidiary company “Azamara Cruises” and renamed it to “Azamara Quest”.
Onboard Azamara Journey passengers can find out why Azamara services are one of the best in the world. The award-winning boutique ship amazes with lots of dining options, an unforgettable spa, and wellness facilities, friendly staff always in place to help passengers and destinations that guests would love to visit.
On March 30, 2012, a fire stopped Azamara Quest, while transporting one thousand passengers south of the Philippines. Five crew members were injured in the accident, a day after the ship left Manila for Sandakan, Malaysia.
Azamara Quest starts her dry dock in Singapore in April 2016. During the 5-day process, she will receive a host of refurbishments and upgrades, announced previously in June, as well as a technology overhaul. The brand new "Pervasive Wi-Fi" system provides faster Internet connectivity from any place on board the ship. Interactive TVs in all staterooms will feature new options including live TV, movies on demand, lecturer schedules, weather updates, navigational and port information. Passengers will be able to book a shore excursion through their TVs, as well as to order room service. In the Inspiration Center on Deck 4, Azamara guests will be able to plan their next voyage by a 98-inch touchscreen to learn about future sailings and the ports visited. Passengers in The Drawing Room and Living Room will use interactive tabletops to send digital postcards, design their own art by a Scribble app, or surf social media sites.
Cruise itinerary program
Azamara Quest itinerary program is based on Caribbean cruises leaving mainly from Miami FL, voyages to Asia (with departures from Singapore) and Europe (Baltic Sea and the Mediterranean). When changing regions, the ship offers repositioning sailings through Suez Canal and Transatlantic crossings.
Most Azamara Quest staterooms are 175-sq.foot Balcony rooms (209). Azamara Quest has a total number of 355 cabins (of which 42 Suite, 209 Balcony, 48 Inside rooms) in 23 grades. The Wheelchair accessible cabins are 6. The largest aboard Azamara Quest is the Club World Owner’s Suite (560 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
For a small ship, Azamara Quest features plenty of options for each meal. The passengers are also encouraged to explore local cuisine when on shore. The line plans to add a complimentary tapas bar when the ship goes into dry dock in 2016. Overall, the food onboard is quite good. There are rotating themes in the buffet. The main dining room pampers with an entree salad every night.
Follows the complete list of Azamara Quest restaurants and food bars.
- Discoveries Restaurant (aft Dining Room, complimentary, with waiter service, open seating Breakfast 8:00 - 9:30 a.m., Lunch 12:00 - 1:30 p.m., and Dinner 6:00 - 9:30 p.m.)
- Pool Grill (lunch-only casual dining restaurant with the fast food menu, made-to-order - pizza, pasta, burgers, fries, salads; complimentary)
- Windows Cafe (complimentary buffet restaurant; has indoor seating and portside/starboard terraces; open between 6:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.; offers early, buffet and late breakfast, buffet lunch, afternoon tea, and casual dinner)
- Aqualina (dinner-only specialty restaurant with Mediterranean cuisine and seafood; offers free dining for Club Suite passengers; reservations recommended)
- Prime C (dinner-only specialty restaurant with seafood and steakhouse menu; operates at surcharge, but it’s free of charge for “Club Suite” guests; outside the Prime C there is a Wine Cellar with 8000+ bottles collection; hosts the Wine Corner evening events and offers wine-tastings and private dinner arrangements).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Because the ship focuses very much on destinations, Azamara Journey does not have as many daily activities as passengers might find on mainstream cruise ships. There are a couple of trivia sessions each day and some other pastimes, such as origami and Bridge.
Other amenities include 24-Hour Room-Service, Internet/WiFi, Laundry/Self-Serve Laundromats. The Quest ship is not recommended for families with kids.
Follows the complete list of Azamara Quest lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Le Boutique (duty-free luxury shop for bags, gifts, brand jewelry)
- Cabaret Lounge & Bar (theatre and main show lounge for musical and show productions, cabaret performances, comedy acts; hosts the “AzAmazing Evenings” enrichment program; serves as a nightclub in the evenings)
- Casino Luxe (also served as sports bar) was removed in 2019, replicating “The Den” of Azamara Pursuit - a newly designed gift shop. 6 new Ocean View Staterooms were also added. The lively lounge is equipped with a piano, a lengthy bar, comfortable seating, and light “live” music in the evening. “The Den” also has a concierge desk with destination-focused travel experts. Azamara Quest’s gift shop provides an immersive shopping experience, with a variety of electronics, jewelry, perfumes, and cosmetics.
- PhotoShop (photo-video services, accessories, equipment)
- The Quest shop (convenience goods store)
- Indulgences (luxury boutique shop)
- Mosaic Cafe (complimentary patisserie & bar; in the evening becomes a nightclub with live music - Mosaic@Night)
- Discoveries Lounge & Bar (Martini Bar)
- Thalassotherapy Pool (salt water pool, part of the Spa complex; with water jets; operates at a surcharge)
- Hair salon (Beauty Salon offering hair and barber services, manicure, pedicure, massages)
- Astral Spa (wellness center featuring Elemis Spa products and treatments)
- Gym (starboard Fitness Room with panoramic windows and modern equipment; also hosts various complimentary group classes)
- Acupuncture Room (serviced by NCCAOM certified acupuncturists)
- eConnections (24-hour Internet computers room)
- Pool area (with an outdoor swimming pool, 2 Whirlpools, poolside bar, loungers, Tennis tables; served by Grill station; hosts themed pool deck parties)
- Sunset Bar (outdoor bar; serves the Windows Cafe terrace area)
- Looking Glass (observation lounge & bar with panoramic windows, sculptures made of Murano glass, comfortable leather sofas; in the evenings becomes a nightclub; serves afternoon tea with sandwiches, pastries, champagne - complimentary)
- The Drawing Room (library)
- Sun Deck (open-air area with sun loungers)
- Shuffleboard (Deck Games playing area)
- Jogging/Power Walking Track.
Azamara Quest - user reviews and comments
Photos of Azamara QuestAdd Photo
Azamara Quest ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
The ultra-luxury brand Azamara Cruises announced new itineraries for 2022-H2 and 2023-Q1. The program includes 80+ new itineraries with 170...September 20, 2020
- Cruise Industry
African port cities are eyeing a larger slice of the cruise market, via upgraded terminal buildings attracting a growing number of international...January 5, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Azamara Club Cruises finalized refurbishments to its Azamara Quest following the ship's recent dry dock in Singapore. The vessel now boasts several...May 7, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Azamara Cruises' ship Azamara Quest made her maiden visit to Qatar. The cruise liner, carrying 400 crew and 650 passengers docked at Doha Port...November 6, 2018
Cruise ships were banned from a certain New Zealand route following a crash in January 2016, when a Royal Caribbean cruise ship smashed into a rock...May 6, 2018
An Azamara Cruises ship arrived in San Diego Thursday morning, February 8, carrying passengers with norovirus. The San Diego cruise port has...February 8, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Honduras has reported an increase in the number of cruise ship tourists and cruise liners last year compared with 2015, reflecting a...July 12, 2017
- Cruise Industry
In 2019 Azamara Club Cruises will offer voyages to Alaska which is a first for the line. The upscale, 2-ship cruise company will base the...May 6, 2017
- show more news
Other Azamara Cruises cruise ships
Azamara Quest Wiki
Azamara Quest cruise ship is the 2nd of the line's two R-class (Renaissance Cruises) vessels. Her sister in the fleet is Azamara Journey. In the fleets of other cruise lines, the Quest ship is sister to Insignia, Nautica, Regatta, Sirena, Pacific Princess, and Azamara Pursuit.
Azamara Cruises Quest ship was ordered and operated as "R Seven" by the Renaissance Cruises in the period 2000-2003. After the Renaissance line's bankruptcy in 2003, the ship was operated by Delphin Kreuzfahrten under the name Delphin Renaissance (2003 to 2006) and by the Royal Caribbean's Pullmantur line for a year under the name "Blue Moon" (2006-2007).
The vessel is powered by four WARTSILA marine diesel engines (model 12V32E). Its propulsion consists of 2 propeller shafts and 2 fixed pitch propeller (FPP).
Azamara ship Quest is a mid-size vessel and that is a big part of her charm. In 2012, Azamara Club spent USD 10 million to refurbish the Quest ship with new equipment in the fitness center, new chaise lounges on the pool deck, design changes in the Windows buffet restaurant, new furniture and carpets in public areas. This vessel's small size gives it the opportunity to call lesser-visited ports located in many exotic destinations.
In 2015, both Azamara ships (Quest and Journey) were featured in the UK TV’s travel documentary “Cruise Ship Adventures with Nigel Marven”.
In March 2017, Azamara Quest visited Havana Cuba as part of 13-night Miami roundtrip itinerary (themed "Hemingway Hideaways"). The Cuban voyage included port stops in Key West FL, Tampa FL, New Orleans (2 overnights), Cozumel Mexico and Havana (overnight).
Azamara Quest User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review