Azamara Quest Review and Specifications
Specifications of Azamara Quest
|Year built||2000 / Age : 18|
|Builder||Chantiers de l’Atlantique (Saint-Nazaire, STX France)|
|Class||Renaissance / R-Class|
|Building cost||GBP 150 million (USD 200 million)|
|Owner||(RCCL) Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd|
|Operator||Azamara Club Cruises|
|Speed||18 kn / 33 kph / 21 mph|
|Length (LOA)||181 m / 594 ft|
|Beam (width)||25 m / 82 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||30277 gt|
|Passengers||710 - 781|
|Decks with cabins||6|
|Former names||R Seven (Renaissance Cruises)|
Current itinerary of Azamara Quest
Azamara Quest current cruise is 8 days, round-trip Croatian Treasures Voyage. Prices start from USD 4299 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 21 Sep, 2018 and ends on 29 Sep, 2018.
|Date / Time||Port|
|21 Sep||Departing from Venice, Italy|
|22 Sep 08:00 - 20:00||Rijeka, Croatia|
|23 Sep 08:00 - 17:00||Zadar, Croatia|
|24 Sep 08:00 - 22:00||Split, Croatia|
|25 Sep 08:00 - 23:00||Dubrovnik, Croatia|
|26 Sep 09:00 - 22:00||Kotor, Montenegro|
|27 Sep 08:00 - 20:00||Korcula Island, Korcula, Croatia|
|28 Sep 08:00 - 16:00||Sibenik, Croatia|
|29 Sep||Arriving in Venice, Italy|
Review of Azamara Quest
History - construction and ownership
Azamara Club Cruises is a subsidiary company of RCCL-Royal Caribbean (shipowner). Founded in 2007 as "Azamara Cruises", the company was rebranded in 2009. Azamara liners were originally built as R-Class vessels for Renaissance Cruises (company operational between 1989-2001). Other RCCL-owned cruise companies (sister-brands) are Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity, Pullmantur, TUI, Marella (UK).
The 30,277-ton, 694-passenger cruise ship Azamara Quest was formerly sailing as R Seven (Renaissance), Delphin Renaissance (Cruiseinvest), and Blue Moon (Pullmantur). The vessel was renamed to “Azamara Quest” in 2007, when joining Azamara Cruises fleet.
In 2001, the original vessel’s owner Renaissance Cruises ceased operations due to liquidity. The vessel was launched in 2003 to be operated under charter by Delphin Seereisen under the name “Delphin Renaissance”. In 2006, Pullmantur bought the ship and renamed it to “Blue Moon”. In 2007, Pullmantur’s owner RCCL (Royal Caribbean) transferred the ship to its new subsidiary company “Azamara Cruises” and renamed it to “Azamara Quest”.
Onboard Azamara Journey passengers can find out why Azamara services are one of the best in the world. The award-winning boutique ship amazes with lots of dining options, unforgettable spa and wellness facilities, friendly staff always in place to help passengers, and destinations that guests would love to visit.
On March 30, 2012, a fire stopped Azamara Quest, while transporting one thousand passengers south of the Philippines. Five crew members were injured in the accident, a day after the ship left Manila for Sandakan, Malaysia.
Azamara Quest starts her dry dock in Singapore April 2016. During the 5-day process, she will receive a host of refurbishments and upgrades, announced previously in June, as well as a technology overhaul. The brand new "Pervasive Wi-Fi" system provides faster Internet connectivity from any place on board the ship. Interactive TVs in all staterooms will feature new options including live TV, movies on demand, lecturer schedules, weather updates, navigational and port information. Passengers will be able to book shore excursion through their TVs, as well as to order room service. In the Inspiration Center on Deck 4, Azamara guests will be able to plan their next voyage by a 98-inch touchscreen to learn about future sailings and the ports visited. Passengers in The Drawing Room and Living Room will use interactive tabletops to send digital postcards, design their own art by a Scribble app, or surf social media sites.
Cruise itinerary program
Azamara Quest itinerary program is based on Caribbean cruises leaving mainly from Miami FL, voyages to Asia (with departures from Singapore) and Europe (Baltic Sea and Mediterranean). When changing regions, the ship offers repositioning sailings through Suez Canal and Transatlantic crossings.
Most Azamara Quest staterooms are 175-sq.foot Balcony rooms (209). Azamara Quest has a total number of 355 cabins (of which 42 Suite, 209 Balcony, 48 Inside rooms) in 23 grades. The Wheelchair accessible cabins are 6. The largest aboard Azamara Quest are the Club World Owner’s Suites (560 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
For a small ship, Azamara Quest features plenty of options for each meal. The passengers are also encouraged to explore local cuisine when on shore. The line plans adding a complimentary tapas bar when the ship goes into dry dock in 2016. Overall, food onboard is quite good. There are rotating themes in the buffet. The main dining room pampers with an entree salad every night.
Follows the complete list of Azamara Quest restaurants and food bars.
- Discoveries Restaurant (aft Dining Room, complimentary, with waiter service; offers open seating Breakfast 8:00 - 9:30 a.m., Lunch 12:00 - 1:30 p.m., and Dinner 6:00 - 9:30 p.m.)
- Pool Grill (lunch-only casual dining restaurant with fast food menu, made-to-order - pizza, pasta, burgers, fries, salads; complimentary)
- Windows Cafe (complimentary buffet restaurant; has indoor seating and portside/starboard terraces; open between 6:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.; offers early, buffet and late breakfast, buffet lunch, afternoon tea and casual dinner)
- Aqualina (dinner-only specialty restaurant with Mediterranean cuisine and seafood; offers free dining for Club Suite passengers; reservations recommended)
- Prime C (dinner-only specialty restaurant with seafood and steakhouse menu; operates at surcharge, but it’s free of charge for “Club Suite” guests; outside the Prime C there is a Wine Cellar with 8000+ bottles collection; hosts the Wine Corner evening events and offers wine-tastings and private dinner arrangements).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Because the ship focuses very much on destinations, Azamara Journey does not have as many daily activities as passengers might find on mainstream cruise ships. There are a couple of trivia sessions each day and some other pastimes, such as origami and Bridge.
Other amenities include: 24-Hour Room-Service, Internet/WiFi, Laundry/Self-Serve Laundromats. The Quest ship is not recommended for families with kids.
Follows the complete list of Azamara Quest lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Le Boutique (duty-free luxury shop for bags, gifts, brand jewelry)
- Cabaret Lounge & Bar (theatre and main show lounge for musical and show productions, cabaret performances, comedy acts; hosts the “AzAmazing Evenings” enrichment program; serves as a nightclub in the evenings)
- Casino Luxe (also serves as sports bar)
- Photo Shop (photo-video services, accessories, equipment)
- The Quest shop (convenience goods store)
- Indulgences (luxury boutique shop)
- Mosaic Cafe (complimentary patisserie & bar; in the evening becomes a nightclub with live music - Mosaic@Night)
- Discoveries Lounge & Bar (Martini Bar)
- Thalassotherapy Pool (salt water pool, part of the Spa complex; with water jets; operates at surcharge)
- Hair salon (Beauty Salon offering hair and barber services, manicure, pedicure, massages)
- Astral Spa (wellness centre featuring Elemis Spa products and treatments)
- Gym (starboard Fitness Room with panoramic windows and modern equipment; also hosts various complimentary group classes)
- Acupuncture Room (serviced by NCCAOM certified acupuncturists)
- eConnections (24-hour Internet computers room)
- Pool area (with an outdoor swimming pool, 2 Whirlpools, poolside bar, loungers, Tennis tables; served by Grill station; hosts themed pool deck parties)
- Sunset Bar (outdoor bar; serves the Windows Cafe terrace area)
- Looking Glass (observation lounge & bar with panoramic windows, sculptures made of Murano glass, comfortable leather sofas; in the evenings becomes a nightclub; serves afternoon tea with sandwiches, pastries, champagne - complimentary)
- The Drawing Room (library)
- Sun Deck (open-air area with sunloungers)
- Shuffleboard (Deck Games playing area)
- Jogging/Power Walking Track.
Azamara Quest wiki
- Azamara Quest cruise ship is the 2nd of the line's two R-class (Renaissance Cruises) vessels. Her sister in the fleet is Azamara Journey. In the fleets of other cruise lines the Quest ship is sister to Insignia, Nautica, Regatta, Sirena, Pacific Princess, and Azamara Pursuit.
- Azamara Cruises Quest ship was ordered and operated as "R Seven" by the Renaissance Cruises in the period 2000-2003. After the Renaissance line's bankruptcy in 2003, the ship was operated by Delphin Kreuzfahrten under the name Delphin Renaissance (2003 to 2006) and by the Royal Caribbean's Pullmantur line for an year under the name "Blue Moon" (2006-2007).
- The vessel is powered by four WARTSILA marine diesel engines (model 12V32E). Its propulsion consists of 2 propeller shafts and 2 fixed pitch propeller (FPP).
- Azamara ship Quest is a mid-size vessel and that is a big part of her charm. You may liken her to a boutique hotel on the sea. In 2012, Azamara Club spent USD 10 million to refurbish the Quest ship with new equipment in the fitness center, new chaise lounges on the pool deck, design changes in the Windows buffet restaurant, new furniture and carpets in public areas. This vessel's small size gives it the opportunity to call lesser-visited ports located in many exotic destinations.
- In 2015, both Azamara ships (Quest and Journey) were featured in the UK TV’s travel documentary “Cruise Ship Adventures with Nigel Marven”.
- In March 2017, Azamara Quest visited Havana Cuba as part of 13-night Miami roundtrip itinerary (themed "Hemingway Hideaways"). The Cuban voyage included port stops in Key West FL, Tampa FL, New Orleans (2 overnights), Cozumel Mexico and Havana (overnight).
Azamara Quest - user reviews and comments
Photos of Azamara QuestAdd Photo
Azamara Quest ship related cruise news
Cruise ships were banned from a certain New Zealand route following a crash in January 2016, when a Royal Caribbean cruise ship smashed into a rock...May 6, 2018
An Azamara Cruises ship arrived in San Diego Thursday morning, February 8, carrying passengers with norovirus. The San Diego cruise port has...February 8, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Honduras has reported an increase in the number of cruise ship tourists and cruise liners last year compared with 2015, reflecting a...July 12, 2017
- Cruise Industry
In 2019 Azamara Club Cruises will offer voyages to Alaska which is a first for the line. The upscale, 2-ship cruise company will base the...May 6, 2017
- show more news
Other Azamara Cruises cruise ships
Azamara Quest Itineraries
The below listed Azamara Quest cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Azamara Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Jul 16||10 days, one-way from Venice to Monte Carlo||Venice|
|2018 Aug 04||7 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia||Barcelona|
|2018 Aug 11||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice||Civitavecchia|
|2018 Aug 19||6 days, round-trip Dalmatian Discovery Voyage||Venice|
|2018 Aug 26||10 days, one-way from Venice to Barcelona||Venice|
|2018 Sep 05||8 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia||Barcelona||$2299|
|2018 Sep 13||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice||Civitavecchia||$3899|
|2018 Sep 21||8 days, round-trip Croatian Treasures Voyage||Venice||$4299|
|2018 Oct 06||7 days, one-way from Venice to Piraeus||Venice|
|2018 Oct 13||17 days, one-way from Piraeus to Dubai||Piraeus||$5109|
|2018 Oct 31||6 days, round-trip Arabian Gulf & Emirates Voyage||Dubai||$2369|
|2018 Nov 07||19 days, one-way from Dubai to Singapore||Dubai||$4989|
|2018 Nov 26||10 days, round-trip Thailand & Vietnam Voyage||Singapore||$2349|
|2018 Dec 06||15 days, one-way from Singapore to Fremantle||Singapore||$4309|
|2018 Dec 22||15 days, one-way from Fremantle to Melbourne||Fremantle||$7749|
|2019 Jan 06||16 days, one-way from Melbourne to Auckland||Melbourne||$3699|
|2019 Jan 22||15 days, one-way from Auckland to Sydney||Auckland||$3999|
|2019 Feb 07||14 days, one-way from Sydney to Auckland||Sydney||$3399|
|2019 Feb 21||14 days, one-way from Auckland to Cairns||Auckland||$3099|
|2019 Mar 08||13 days, one-way from Cairns to Singapore||Cairns||$2799|
|2019 Mar 29||16 days, one-way from Singapore to Tokyo||Singapore||$5599|
|2019 Apr 14||13 days, one-way from Tokyo to Yokohama||Tokyo||$5149|
|2019 Apr 27||14 days, one-way from Yokohama to Tokyo||Yokohama||$6999|
|2019 May 12||13 days, one-way from Tokyo to Seward||Tokyo||$3599|
|2019 May 25||10 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$2899|
|2019 Jun 04||10 days, round-trip Showcase Voyage||Vancouver||$2699|
|2019 Jun 14||8 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$2399|
|2019 Jun 22||10 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$2899|
|2019 Jul 02||10 days, round-trip Showcase Voyage||Vancouver||$2999|
|2019 Jul 12||8 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$2599|
|2019 Jul 20||10 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$3399|
|2019 Jul 30||8 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$1899|
|2019 Aug 07||14 days, one-way from Seward to Tokyo||Seward||$2499|
|2019 Aug 21||13 days, round-trip Japan Intensive Voyage||Tokyo||$4999|
|2019 Sep 04||13 days, round-trip Japan Intensive Voyage||Tokyo||$4999|
|2019 Sep 18||16 days, one-way from Tokyo to Hong Kong||Tokyo||$4499|
|2019 Oct 04||11 days, round-trip & China Voyage||Hong Kong||$3099|
|2019 Oct 16||14 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Singapore||Hong Kong||$4099|
|2019 Oct 31||12 days, round-trip Mysteries Voyage||Singapore||$3499|
|2019 Nov 12||16 days, one-way from Singapore to Dubai||Singapore||$3799|
|2019 Nov 29||10 days, round-trip Gulf & Emirates Voyage||Dubai||$3199|
|2019 Dec 17||10 days, one-way from Dubai to Mumbai||Dubai||$2899|
|2019 Dec 28||24 days, one-way from Mumbai to Cape Town||Mumbai||$6599|
|2020 Jan 21||8 days, round-trip Africa Intensive Voyage||Cape Town||$3099|
|2020 Jan 31||8 days, round-trip Africa Intensive Voyage||Cape Town||$3099|
|2020 Feb 10||8 days, round-trip Africa Intensive Voyage||Cape Town||$3099|
|2020 Feb 20||26 days, one-way from Cape Town to Dubai||Cape Town||$5699|
|2020 Mar 17||10 days, round-trip Intensive Voyage||Dubai||$3199|
|2020 Mar 28||17 days, one-way from Dubai to Piraeus||Dubai||$3699|
|2020 Apr 14||9 days, round-trip Intensive Voyage||Piraeus||$2899|
|2020 Apr 23||9 days, one-way from Piraeus to Venice||Piraeus||$2899|
|2020 May 02||7 days, round-trip Intensive Voyage||Venice||$2699|
|2020 May 09||9 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice||$2899|
|2020 May 18||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$3499|
|2020 May 26||13 days, one-way from Barcelona to Southampton||Barcelona||$4199|
|2020 Jun 08||10 days, one-way from Southampton to Stockholm||Southampton||$3299|
|2020 Jun 18||8 days, round-trip Intensive Voyage||Stockholm||$2999|
|2020 Jul 08||18 days, one-way from Oslo to Copenhagen||Oslo||$7799|
|2020 Jul 26||11 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Stockholm||Copenhagen||$3999|
|2020 Aug 06||11 days, one-way from Stockholm to Amsterdam||Stockholm||$4399|
|2020 Aug 18||11 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Dublin||Amsterdam||$3899|
|2020 Aug 29||11 days, one-way from Dublin to London Tilbury||Dublin||$4299|
|2020 Sep 10||15 days, one-way from London Tilbury to Barcelona||London Tilbury||$5799|
|2020 Sep 25||3 days, round-trip Getaway Voyage||Barcelona||$1299|
|2020 Sep 28||11 days, one-way from Barcelona to Venice||Barcelona||$4399|
|2020 Oct 10||6 days, round-trip Intensive Voyage||Venice||$2699|
|2020 Oct 17||10 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice||$3399|
|2020 Oct 27||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$2599|
|2020 Nov 04||9 days, one-way from Barcelona to Lisbon||Barcelona||$3099|
|2020 Nov 14||16 days, one-way from Lisbon to Rio de Janeiro||Lisbon||$2799|
|2020 Nov 30||8 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to Buenos Aires||Rio de Janeiro||$1999|
|2020 Dec 09||12 days, round-trip Intensive Voyage||Buenos Aires||$2699|
|2020 Dec 21||15 days, round-trip Year's Eve In Rio Voyage||Buenos Aires||$5099|