Azamara Quest current position
Current itinerary of Azamara Quest
Azamara Quest current cruise is 10 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Ravenna. Prices start from USD 2099 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 27 Sep, 2022 and ends on 07 Oct, 2022.
|Date / Time||Port|
|27 Sep 18:00||Departing from Piraeus-Athens, Greece hotels|
|28 Sep 08:00 - 18:00||Milos Island, Adamas, Greece|
|29 Sep 08:00 - 18:00||Mykonos Island, Greece|
|30 Sep 08:00 - 21:00||Rhodes Island, Greece|
|01 Oct 08:00 - 22:00||Kusadasi, Ephesus, Turkey|
|02 Oct 08:00 - 20:00||Santorini Island, Thira, Greece|
|03 Oct 08:00 - 17:00||Souda-Chania, Crete Greece|
|04 Oct 13:00 - 20:00||Kefalonia Island, Argostoli-Fiskardo, Greece|
|05 Oct 08:00 - 20:00||Corfu Island, Kerkyra, Greece|
|07 Oct 06:00||Arriving in Ravenna, Porto Corsini, Italy hotels|
Specifications of Azamara Quest
|Year built||2000 / Age: 22|
|Builder||Chantiers de l’Atlantique (Saint-Nazaire, STX France)|
|Class||Renaissance / R-Class|
|Building cost||GBP 150 million (USD 200 million)|
|Speed||18 kn / 33 kph / 21 mph|
|Length (LOA)||181 m / 594 ft|
|Beam (width)||25 m / 82 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||30277 gt|
|Passengers||722 - 794|
|Decks with cabins||6|
|Sister-ships||Azamara (Journey, Pursuit, Onward), Oceania (Insignia, Nautica, Regatta)|
|Former names||Blue Moon (Pullmantur), Delphin Renaissance, R7, R-Seven (Renaissance Cruises)|
Azamara Quest Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2022 Aug 30||10 days, one-way from Southampton to Lisbon||Southampton||$1999|
|2022 Sep 09||8 days, one-way from Lisbon to Barcelona||Lisbon||$1599|
|2022 Sep 17||10 days, one-way from Barcelona to Piraeus-Athens||Barcelona||$2199|
|2022 Sep 27||10 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Ravenna||Piraeus-Athens||$2099|
|2022 Oct 07||8 days, one-way from Ravenna to Piraeus-Athens||Ravenna||$1599|
|2022 Oct 15||7 days, round-trip Greece Intensive Voyage||Piraeus-Athens||$1499|
|2022 Oct 29||17 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Dubai||Piraeus-Athens||$3224|
|2022 Nov 15||11 days, round-trip Arabia Dubai Voyage||Dubai||$2699|
|2022 Nov 26||14 days, one-way from Dubai to Singapore||Dubai||$1899|
|2022 Dec 10||11 days, one-way from Singapore to Fremantle||Singapore||$1299|
|2022 Dec 21||14 days, one-way from Fremantle to Melbourne||Fremantle||$4599|
|2023 Jan 04||17 days, one-way from Melbourne to Auckland||Melbourne||$2599|
|2023 Jan 21||16 days, one-way from Auckland to Sydney||Auckland||$3599|
|2023 Feb 06||13 days, one-way from Sydney to Fremantle||Sydney||$2599|
|2023 Feb 19||16 days, one-way from Fremantle to Hong Kong||Fremantle||$2499|
|2023 Mar 07||12 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Tokyo||Hong Kong||$2699|
|2023 Mar 19||15 days, round-trip||Tokyo||$3899|
|2023 Apr 03||15 days, round-trip||Tokyo||$3899|
|2023 Apr 18||17 days, one-way from Tokyo to Singapore||Tokyo||$2249|
|2023 May 05||23 days, one-way from Singapore to Piraeus-Athens||Singapore||$4049|
|2023 May 28||12 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Istanbul||Piraeus-Athens||$3039|
|2023 Jun 09||10 days, one-way from Istanbul to Piraeus-Athens||Istanbul||$3039|
|2023 Jun 19||12 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Istanbul||Piraeus-Athens||$2879|
|2023 Jul 01||7 days, one-way from Istanbul to Piraeus-Athens||Istanbul||$1919|
|2023 Jul 08||7 days, round-trip||Piraeus-Athens||$1919|
|2023 Jul 15||11 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Venice||Piraeus-Athens||$3039|
|2023 Jul 26||9 days, round-trip||Venice||$2479|
|2023 Aug 04||11 days, one-way from Venice to Istanbul||Venice||$3799|
|2023 Aug 15||11 days, one-way from Istanbul to Piraeus-Athens||Istanbul||$4639|
|2023 Sep 02||11 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Istanbul||Piraeus-Athens||$4719|
|2023 Sep 13||10 days, one-way from Istanbul to Piraeus-Athens||Istanbul||$3499|
|2023 Sep 23||11 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Venice||Piraeus-Athens||$3899|
|2023 Oct 04||8 days, round-trip Croatia Intensive Voyage||Venice||$2499|
|2023 Oct 12||10 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia-Rome||Venice||$3099|
|2023 Oct 22||9 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Barcelona||Civitavecchia-Rome||$2699|
|2023 Oct 31||9 days, one-way from Barcelona to Lisbon||Barcelona||$2799|
|2023 Nov 09||9 days, one-way from Lisbon to Bridgetown||Lisbon||$1199|
|2023 Nov 18||22 days, one-way from Bridgetown to Buenos Aires||Bridgetown||$5199|
|2023 Dec 10||20 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro||Buenos Aires||$6239|
|2024 Jan 07||15 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to San Antonio||Buenos Aires||$2959|
|2024 Jan 22||15 days, one-way from San Antonio to Buenos Aires||San Antonio||$2959|
|2024 Feb 06||12 days, round-trip||Buenos Aires||$3199|
|2024 Feb 18||17 days, round-trip||Buenos Aires||$4799|
|2024 Mar 06||9 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro||Buenos Aires||$1839|
|2024 Mar 15||17 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to Lisbon||Rio de Janeiro||$2319|
Azamara Quest Review
Review of Azamara Quest
The 2000-built (as "R-Seven"/R7) Azamara Quest cruise ship is the second of all four identical R-Class ships in the Azamara fleet - together with Azamara Journey, Azamara Pursuit and Azamara Onward (Pacific Princess).
History - construction and ownership
Azamara Cruises was a fully-owned subsidiary company of RCG-Royal Caribbean Group until 2021. Founded in 2007 as "Azamara Club Cruises", the company was rebranded in 2009 (Azamara Cruises) and 2019 (Azamara). Azamara ships were originally built as R-Class vessels for Renaissance Cruises (1989-2001 defunct).
In January 2021, Azamara's parent company RCG-Royal Caribbean announced an agreement to sell the brand for USD 201 million (~EUR 165,8 M / ~GBP 147,6 M / carve-out transaction) to Sycamore Partners. Sycamore Partners acquired the entire company and its 3 ships, plus all the associated intellectual property rights and goodwill. The all-cash transaction was closed in 2021-Q1. Sycamore Partners (shipowner) is a 2011-founded, NYC-headquartered private equity firm with USD 15+ billion in capital and assets under management. Among the largest of the Sycamore Partners-owned companies are Belk Inc (department store chain), Talbots (retailer of clothing-shoes-fashion accessories), Nine West Holdings (designer and wholesaler of branded clothing-shoes-accessories) and Staples Inc (office retailer).
The 694-passenger ship Azamara Quest was formerly sailing as R Seven (Renaissance), Delphin Renaissance (Cruiseinvest), and Blue Moon (Pullmantur). The vessel was renamed to “Azamara Quest” in 2007 when joining Azamara's fleet.
In 2001, the original vessel’s owner Renaissance Cruises ceased operations due to liquidity. The vessel was launched in 2003 to be operated under charter by Delphin Seereisen under the name “Delphin Renaissance”. In 2006, Pullmantur bought the ship and renamed it to “Blue Moon”. In 2007, Pullmantur’s owner RCCL (Royal Caribbean) transferred the ship to its new subsidiary company “Azamara Cruises” and renamed it to “Azamara Quest”.
Onboard Azamara Journey passengers can find out why Azamara services are one of the best in the world. The award-winning boutique ship amazes with lots of dining options, an unforgettable spa, and wellness facilities, friendly staff always in place to help passengers and destinations that guests would love to visit.
On March 30, 2012, a fire stopped Azamara Quest, while transporting one thousand passengers south of the Philippines. Five crew members were injured in the accident, a day after the ship left Manila for Sandakan, Malaysia.
Azamara Quest's drydock in Singapore (April 2016) was a 20-day project that resulted in numerous refurbishments and upgrades, as well as a technology overhaul. The ship's new "Pervasive Wi-Fi" system now provides faster Internet connectivity shipwide. Interactive HDTVs in all staterooms feature new options line live TV, movies on demand, activities schedule (lecturers, shows, etc), weather updates, navigational-itinerary-port information. Passengers can book shore excursions through their TVs, as well as to order room service. In the Inspiration Center (Deck 4) guests can plan their next Azamara voyage by a 98-inch touchscreen to learn about future sailings and the call ports. In The Drawing Room and Living Room passengers can use interactive tabletops to send digital postcards, design their own art (by a Scribble app) or surf social media websites.
Decks and Cabins
Azamara Quest staterooms (361 total, in 24 grades) include 44 Suites, 199 Balcony, 94 Oceanview, 26 Inside. Handicap/wheelchair-accessible cabins (for disabled passengers) are only 5 (2x Balcony, 2x Oceanview, 1x Interior). A total of 241 staterooms have private, step-out balconies. Most cabin balconies are sized 45-60 ft2 / 4-6 m2. The largest accommodations are the World Owners Suite (600 ft2 / 56 m2 plus 215 ft2 / 20 m2 terrace).
The boat has 11 decks, of which 9 are passenger-accessible and 6 with cabins.
Four elevators (2x Forward and 2x Aft passenger lifts) interconnect all decks.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
For a small ship, Azamara Quest features plenty of options for each meal. The passengers are also encouraged to explore local cuisine when onshore. The line plans to add a complimentary tapas bar when the ship goes into dry dock in 2016. Overall, the food onboard is quite good. There are rotating themes in the buffet. The main dining room pampers with an entree salad every night.
Follows the complete list of Azamara Quest restaurants and food bars.
- Discoveries Restaurant (aft Dining Room, complimentary, with waiter service, open seating Breakfast 8:00 - 9:30 a.m., Lunch 12:00 - 1:30 p.m., and Dinner 6:00 - 9:30 p.m.)
- Pool Grill (lunch-only casual dining restaurant with the fast food menu, made-to-order - pizza, pasta, burgers, fries, salads; complimentary)
- Windows Cafe (complimentary buffet restaurant; has indoor seating and portside/starboard terraces; open between 6:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.; offers early, buffet and late breakfast, buffet lunch, afternoon tea, and casual dinner)
- Aqualina (dinner-only specialty restaurant with Mediterranean cuisine and seafood; offers free dining for Club Suite passengers; reservations recommended)
- Prime C (dinner-only specialty restaurant with seafood and steakhouse menu; operates at surcharge, but it’s free of charge for “Club Suite” guests; outside the Prime C there is a Wine Cellar with 8000+ bottles collection; hosts the Wine Corner evening events and offers wine-tastings and private dinner arrangements).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Because the ship focuses very much on destinations, Azamara Journey does not have as many daily activities as passengers might find on mainstream cruise ships. There are a couple of trivia sessions each day and some other pastimes, such as origami and Bridge.
Other amenities include 24-Hour Room-Service, Internet/WiFi, Laundry/Self-Serve Laundromats. The Quest ship is not recommended for families with kids.
Follows the complete list of Azamara Quest lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Le Boutique (duty-free luxury shop for bags, gifts, brand jewelry)
- Cabaret Lounge & Bar (theatre and main show lounge for musical and show productions, cabaret performances, comedy acts; hosts the “AzAmazing Evenings” enrichment program; serves as a nightclub in the evenings)
- Casino Luxe (also served as sports bar) was removed in 2019, replicating “The Den” of Azamara Pursuit - a newly designed gift shop. 6 new Ocean View Staterooms were also added. The lively lounge is equipped with a piano, a lengthy bar, comfortable seating, and light “live” music in the evening. “The Den” also has a concierge desk with destination-focused travel experts. Azamara Quest’s gift shop provides an immersive shopping experience, with a variety of electronics, jewelry, perfumes, and cosmetics.
- PhotoShop (photo-video services, accessories, equipment)
- The Quest shop (convenience goods store)
- Indulgences (luxury boutique shop)
- Mosaic Cafe (complimentary patisserie & bar; in the evening becomes a nightclub with live music - Mosaic@Night)
- Discoveries Lounge & Bar (Martini Bar)
- Thalassotherapy Pool (salt water pool, part of the Spa complex; with water jets; operates at a surcharge)
- Hair salon (Beauty Salon offering hair and barber services, manicure, pedicure, massages)
- Astral Spa (wellness center featuring Elemis Spa products and treatments)
- Gym (starboard Fitness Room with panoramic windows and modern equipment; also hosts various complimentary group classes)
- Acupuncture Room (serviced by NCCAOM certified acupuncturists)
- eConnections (24-hour Internet computers room)
- Pool area (with an outdoor swimming pool, 2 Whirlpools, poolside bar, loungers, Tennis tables; served by Grill station; hosts themed pool deck parties)
- Sunset Bar (outdoor bar; serves the Windows Cafe terrace area)
- Looking Glass (observation lounge & bar with panoramic windows, sculptures made of Murano glass, comfortable leather sofas; in the evenings becomes a nightclub; serves afternoon tea with sandwiches, pastries, champagne - complimentary)
- The Drawing Room (library)
- Sun Deck (open-air area with sun loungers)
- Shuffleboard (Deck Games playing area)
- Jogging/Power Walking Track.
Azamara Quest itinerary program is based on Caribbean cruises leaving mainly from Miami FL, voyages to Asia (with departures from Singapore) and Europe (Baltic Sea and the Mediterranean). When changing regions, the ship offers repositioning sailings through Suez Canal and Transatlantic crossings.
Following the Coronavirus crisis, in late-April 2021 Azamara announced plans to restart operations with Azamara Quest and a mini-season in the Eastern Mediterranean (August 28 thru October 2). For the ship were scheduled a total of 5x B2Bs (back-to-back) "Country-Intensive Voyages" and 1x "Classic Mediterranean Voyage" - all 7-night itineraries.
- The program was opened for booking on May 11th and featured a total of 18x late-night port stays (in Heraklion Crete, Rhodes Island, Santorini Island), also visits to Mykonos Island and Cyprus (Limassol).
- All cruises planned for the fleetmates Journey and Pursuit were suspended through September 2021.
- Prior to the Aegean-Mediterranean mini-season, Azamara Quest was drydocked in Cadiz Spain.
Azamara Quest - user reviews and comments
Photos of Azamara QuestAdd Photo
Azamara Quest ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
The ultra premium travel brand Azamara unveiled a total of 84x new Europe itineraries across its 4-ship fleet for 2024. Of all the 84 voyages, 53...September 11, 2022
A search and rescue operation for a female passenger believed to have fallen overboard on an Azamara-owned ship is underway off the coast of Palma de...June 6, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Azamara Cruises announced that its entire fleet of 4 ships had officially returned to the high seas. The company's full fleet is welcoming...May 27, 2022
- Cruise Industry
The boutique-style, ultra-luxury travel brand Azamara announced the launch of its Europe 2023 deployment across a full fleet of cruise ships for the...August 21, 2021
- Cruise Industry
The Sycamore Partners-owned company Azamara Cruises announced that the ship Azamara Quest was the fleet's first to depart from Peel Port (King George...July 27, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Bookings opened for Azamara's return to service from August 28, 2021, in Greece. The Sycamore Partners-owned company has scheduled voyages of 7...May 17, 2021
- Cruise Industry
The premium cruise brand Azamara announced it would be returning to cruising on August 28 in Greece. There will be a total of 5 B2Bs (back-to...April 27, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Azamara Cruises announced the name and ship handover of its newest vessel, - Azamara Onward. The ship handover, which took place on March 15...March 19, 2021
- Cruise Industry
The ultra-luxury brand Azamara announced new itineraries for 2022-H2 and 2023-Q1. The program includes 80+ new itineraries with 170 overnights...September 20, 2020
- Cruise Industry
African port cities are eyeing a larger slice of the cruise market, via upgraded terminal buildings attracting a growing number of international...January 5, 2020
- show more news
Other Azamara Cruises cruise ships
Azamara Quest Wiki
Azamara's ship Quest was ordered and operated as "R Seven" by the Renaissance Cruises in the period 2000-2003. After the Renaissance line's bankruptcy in 2003, the vessel was operated by Delphin Kreuzfahrten under the name Delphin Renaissance (2003 to 2006) and by the Royal Caribbean's Pullmantur line for a year under the name "Blue Moon" (2006-2007).
The vessel is powered by four WARTSILA marine diesel engines (model 12V32E). Its propulsion consists of 2 propeller shafts and 2 fixed pitch propeller (FPP).
Azamara ship Quest is a mid-sized vessel and that is a big part of her charm. In 2012, Azamara Club spent USD 10 million to refurbish the Quest ship with new equipment in the fitness center, new chaise lounges on the pool deck, design changes in the Windows buffet restaurant, new furniture and carpets in public areas. This vessel's small size gives it the opportunity to call lesser-visited ports located in many exotic destinations.
In 2015, both Azamara ships (Quest and Journey) were featured in the UK TV’s travel documentary “Cruise Ship Adventures with Nigel Marven”.
In March 2017, Azamara Quest visited Havana Cuba as part of 13-night Miami roundtrip itinerary (themed "Hemingway Hideaways"). The Cuban voyage included port stops in Key West FL, Tampa FL, New Orleans (2 overnights), Cozumel Mexico and Havana (overnight).
Azamara Quest refurbishment 2016 review
The ship's drydock 2016 refurbishment (April 1-22, done in Singapore) resulted in the following deck plan changes:
- The boat's old dark interior decor (woods, carpets, upholstery) was changed with a lighter scheme with muted tones of beige, brown, gray, ecru (light greyish-yellowish brown).
- Large touch screen displays were installed in several areas around the ship. They allow passengers (for free) to send digital postcards, explore world atlas maps and also provide Azamara Cruises itineraries and ports of call information.
- Two new Club Spa Suites were built in the place of the eConnections (computer room, located portside on Lido Deck 9). Also on deck 9 was added The Patio (outdoor grill / BBQ restaurant).
- On Deck 10 was added The Living Room (forward-location observation lounge & bar, disco nightclub) replacing the Looking Glass Lounge.
- Many public areas were re-furnished (incl Looking Glass, Patio Grill, Sunset Bar).
- Upgrades and renovations received the restaurants Prime C, Aqualina, Windows Cafe (buffet). The Sanctum Spa (formerly Astral Spa) complex was redesigned and expanded.
All cabins and suites were renovated with new carpeting and wall covers, fabrics, furniture, shelving, curtains, luxury bedding sets (pillows, duvets), new lighting and smart HDTVs (interactive system). All staterooms were upgraded with bigger coffee tables. Bathrooms were redesigned to be more space-efficient. Quality wood elements were used throughout all staterooms. Additionally, all high-grade Suites were updated with new modern furniture, dining tables, drapes, media consoles, and sound systems.
There was a plan the Lido Deck’s Sunset Bar (aft on deck 9) to be replaced by a new specialty restaurant (named Kibo) with Asian-themed cuisine. However, the line later decided to keep the popular day bar and only to upgrade it. The refurb plans for the Asian restaurant plus an outside seating area for the Windows Cafe (buffet restaurant) were officially canceled.
The onboard Wi-Fi coverage was upgraded to shipwide (via “Pervasive Wi-Fi” system). The new Interactive TV system (in all cabins) offers movies on demand, live TV programming, onboard event schedules, weather updates, itinerary/port information. The system also allows shore excursion booking through the TV, as well as room service ordering.
The ship's 2016 refurbishment project cost USD 25 million.
Azamara Quest User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review