Oceania Regatta current position
Current itinerary of Oceania Regatta
Oceania Regatta current cruise is 7 days, round-trip West Coast Wonders Los Angeles to Los Angeles. The itinerary starts on 27 Sep, 2023 and ends on 04 Oct, 2023.
|Date / Time||Port|
|27 Sep 19:00||Departing from Los Angeles, Long Beach-San Pedro, California hotels|
|28 Sep 08:00 - 18:00||Ensenada, Baja California Mexico|
|30 Sep 08:00 - 01 Oct 21:00||San Francisco, California|
|03 Oct 08:00 - 18:00||Santa Barbara CA, California|
|04 Oct 08:00||Arriving in Los Angeles, Long Beach-San Pedro, California hotels|
Specifications of Oceania Regatta
|Year of build||1998 / Age: 25|
|Flag state||Marshall Islands|
|Builder||Chantiers de l’Atlantique (Saint-Nazaire, STX France)|
|Class||Renaissance / R-Class|
|Building cost||GBP 150 million (USD 200 million)|
|Speed||18 kn / 33 km/h / 21 mph|
|Length (LOA)||181 m / 594 ft|
|Beam (width)||25 m / 82 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||30277 gt|
|Passengers||698 - 803|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Sister-ships||Azamara (Journey, Quest, Pursuit, Onward), Oceania (Insignia, Nautica, Sirena)|
|Former names||R2, R-Two (Renaissance Cruises)|
|Christened by||Marcia Del Rio|
|Owner||(NCLH) Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd|
|Operator||Oceania Cruises Inc|
Oceania Regatta Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2023 Aug 28||10 days, one-way from Seattle to Vancouver||Seattle|
|2023 Sep 07||13 days, one-way from Vancouver to Los Angeles||Vancouver|
|2023 Sep 07||20 days, one-way from Vancouver to Los Angeles||Vancouver|
|2023 Sep 20||7 days, round-trip California Reflections Los Angeles to Los Angeles||Los Angeles|
|2023 Sep 27||7 days, round-trip West Coast Wonders Los Angeles to Los Angeles||Los Angeles|
|2023 Oct 04||78 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Sydney||Los Angeles|
|2023 Oct 04||25 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Tokyo||Los Angeles||$7099|
|2023 Oct 04||39 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Hong Kong||Los Angeles|
|2023 Oct 04||54 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Singapore||Los Angeles|
|2023 Oct 29||14 days, one-way from Tokyo to Hong Kong||Tokyo|
|2023 Oct 29||29 days, one-way from Tokyo to Singapore||Tokyo|
|2023 Oct 29||53 days, one-way from Tokyo to Sydney||Tokyo|
|2023 Nov 12||15 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Singapore||Hong Kong|
|2023 Nov 12||39 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Sydney||Hong Kong|
|2023 Nov 27||24 days, one-way from Singapore to Sydney||Singapore||$7849|
|2023 Dec 21||14 days, one-way from Sydney to Benoa||Sydney||$5399|
|2023 Dec 21||35 days, round-trip Australian Panorama Sydney to Sydney||Sydney||$9999|
|2024 Jan 04||21 days, one-way from Benoa to Sydney||Benoa||$7599|
|2024 Jan 25||14 days, round-trip New Zealand Discovery Sydney to Sydney||Sydney||$8049|
|2024 Feb 08||16 days, one-way from Sydney to Auckland||Sydney||$8299|
|2024 Feb 24||15 days, one-way from Auckland to Sydney||Auckland||$8199|
|2024 Feb 24||35 days, one-way from Auckland to Papeete||Auckland||$14099|
|2024 Feb 24||56 days, one-way from Auckland to Los Angeles||Auckland||$22749|
|2024 Mar 10||20 days, one-way from Sydney to Papeete||Sydney||$8499|
|2024 Mar 10||41 days, one-way from Sydney to Los Angeles||Sydney||$12099|
|2024 Mar 30||21 days, one-way from Papeete to Los Angeles||Papeete||$6649|
|2024 Apr 20||11 days, round-trip Bridge to Mexico Los Angeles to Los Angeles||Los Angeles||$2999|
|2024 Apr 20||23 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Vancouver||Los Angeles||$6599|
|2024 May 01||12 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Vancouver||Los Angeles||$3799|
|2024 May 13||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$2899|
|2024 May 20||10 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$3799|
|2024 May 30||11 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seattle||Vancouver||$3899|
|2024 Jun 10||11 days, round-trip Wildlife Frontiers Seattle to Seattle||Seattle||$3899|
|2024 Jun 21||7 days, round-trip Visions of Alaska Seattle to Seattle||Seattle||$3099|
|2024 Jun 28||11 days, round-trip Alaska Dreams Seattle to Seattle||Seattle||$4099|
|2024 Jul 09||10 days, round-trip Radiant Alaska Seattle to Seattle||Seattle||$4199|
|2024 Jul 19||7 days, round-trip Visions of Alaska Seattle to Seattle||Seattle||$2999|
|2024 Jul 26||11 days, round-trip Alaska Dreams Seattle to Seattle||Seattle||$4099|
|2024 Aug 06||10 days, round-trip Radiant Alaska Seattle to Seattle||Seattle||$4199|
|2024 Aug 16||12 days, round-trip Alaskan Apogee Seattle to Seattle||Seattle||$4499|
|2024 Aug 28||10 days, one-way from Seattle to Vancouver||Seattle||$3899|
|2024 Sep 07||7 days, round-trip Native Lands of Alaska Vancouver to Vancouver||Vancouver||$2699|
|2024 Sep 14||19 days, one-way from Vancouver to Los Angeles||Vancouver||$4999|
|2024 Sep 14||12 days, one-way from Vancouver to Los Angeles||Vancouver||$3599|
|2024 Sep 26||7 days, round-trip West Coast Vines Los Angeles to Los Angeles||Los Angeles||$2299|
|2024 Oct 03||26 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Yokohama||Los Angeles||$7099|
|2024 Oct 03||66 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Auckland||Los Angeles||$17599|
|2024 Oct 03||42 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Singapore||Los Angeles||$11499|
|2024 Oct 03||80 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Sydney||Los Angeles||$25599|
|2024 Oct 29||16 days, one-way from Yokohama to Singapore||Yokohama||$6299|
|2024 Oct 29||40 days, one-way from Yokohama to Auckland||Yokohama||$12399|
|2024 Oct 29||54 days, one-way from Yokohama to Sydney||Yokohama||$17199|
|2024 Nov 14||24 days, one-way from Singapore to Auckland||Singapore||$7699|
|2024 Nov 14||38 days, one-way from Singapore to Sydney||Singapore||$11699|
|2024 Dec 08||14 days, one-way from Auckland to Sydney||Auckland||$6999|
|2024 Dec 22||34 days, round-trip Essential Australia Sydney to Sydney||Sydney||$9999|
|2024 Dec 22||20 days, one-way from Sydney to Fremantle||Sydney||$8399|
|2024 Dec 22||50 days, round-trip Far Wide the Ultimate Odyssey Sydney to Sydney||Sydney||$46999|
|2024 Dec 22||50 days, round-trip Visions of Oceania Sydney to Sydney||Sydney||$17599|
|2025 Jan 11||14 days, one-way from Fremantle to Sydney||Fremantle||$6249|
|2025 Jan 25||16 days, round-trip Treasures of Captain Cook Sydney to Sydney||Sydney||$8599|
|2025 Feb 10||14 days, one-way from Sydney to Auckland||Sydney||$7699|
|2025 Feb 24||14 days, one-way from Auckland to Sydney||Auckland||$7699|
|2025 Feb 24||34 days, one-way from Auckland to Singapore||Auckland||$11899|
|2025 Mar 10||20 days, one-way from Sydney to Singapore||Sydney||$6899|
|2025 Apr 09||29 days, one-way from Singapore to Kobe-Osaka||Singapore||$10599|
|2025 Apr 09||15 days, one-way from Singapore to Keelung||Singapore||$6299|
|2025 Apr 24||14 days, one-way from Keelung to Kobe-Osaka||Keelung||$6399|
|2025 Apr 24||28 days, one-way from Keelung to Tokyo||Keelung||$10099|
|2025 May 08||14 days, one-way from Kobe-Osaka to Tokyo||Kobe-Osaka||$6499|
|2025 May 22||12 days, one-way from Tokyo to Hong Kong||Tokyo||$5399|
|2025 May 22||32 days, one-way from Tokyo to Benoa||Tokyo||$11399|
|2025 May 22||71 days, one-way from Tokyo to Honolulu||Tokyo||$28249|
|2025 Jun 03||20 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Benoa||Hong Kong||$7999|
|2025 Jun 03||44 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Papeete||Hong Kong||$14699|
|2025 Jun 23||24 days, one-way from Benoa to Papeete||Benoa||$9699|
|2025 Jun 23||39 days, one-way from Benoa to Honolulu||Benoa||$11799|
|2025 Jul 17||15 days, one-way from Papeete to Honolulu||Papeete|
Oceania Regatta Review
Review of Oceania Regatta
The 1998-built (as "R Two") Oceania Regatta cruise ship is the fleet's second R-Class boat, with sisterships Nautica,Insignia and Sirena (Ocean Princess). Oceania Cruises Regatta ship was drydock refurbished in 2019 (September) as part of the OceaniaNEXT fleet renovation project (2019-2020).
History - construction and ownership
Oceania Cruises is a US passenger shipping company and luxury travel brand owned by NCLH-Norwegian (shipowner), Between April 2007 and September 2014, the company (as part of "Prestige Cruise Holdings") was owned by Apollo Management LP - one of the world's largest private investment equity funds. Since September 2014, Oceania and the sister company RSSC-Regent are owned by NCLH - acquired at a total cost of USD 3 billion. Oceania ships offer luxury cruises with relatively shorter itineraries, as well as Around The World voyages up to 180 days in length.
The 700-passenger ship Regatta was built as one of a series of 8 vessels for Renaissance Cruises. The cruise ship ceased operations in late 2001 and became the first of 3 identical vessels launched by Oceania. When Regatta debuted, her smoking policy (or non-smoking policy) was the stiffest in the industry and remained so for 3 years. At the time, there were only two sections onboard in which passengers could smoke: a small place forward of the swimming pool on the starboard side and a small, indoor space at the aft of one of the vessel's lounges. Cruisers caught lighting up on their verandas or in their cabins were politely reminded - once - that this was not available and was then threatened with unceremonious debarkation if continued. This restrictive policy is more general now, and the fact that Oceania cruise ships still have a smoking zone in one of the lounges makes it one of the more liberal cruise lines.
Decks and Cabins
Oceania Regatta staterooms (349 total, in 16 grades) include 62 Suites, 170 Balcony, 89 Oceanview (including 14 single-occupancy) and 28 Inside cabins. Most staterooms (66%) are Balcony and sized 175 ft2 / 16 m2. Most cabin balconies are smaller (sized 45 ft2 / 4 m2).
The largest accommodations are the Owners Suites (620 ft / 58 m2 plus 345 ft2 / 32 m2 terrace).
The boat has 11 decks, of which 9 are passenger-accessible and 5 with cabins.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Regatta guests take advantage of the flexibility of 4 open-seating dining venues. The Grand Dining Room serves Continental cuisine. it is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Alternative, reservations-required options are Toscana, which offers gourmet Italian food, and the steak house Polo Grill. The buffet restaurant Terraces serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is transformed into "Tapas on the Terrace" at night for a relaxed atmosphere. All dining venues have bars, and there is no cover charge. In addition, a poolside grill offers hamburgers, sandwiches and salads at lunchtime. There is also a pizzeria in the buffet area. The observation lounge Horizons serves afternoon tea. Room service is available 24 hours.
Follows the complete list of Regatta restaurants and food bars.
- Grand Dining Room (complimentary 340-seat restaurant for open seating Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner; offers French-inspired dishes, and menus change daily)
- Waves Grill (casual dining fast-food bar; serves the pool deck area with made-to-order daily specialities and gelato ice cream)
- Terrace Cafe & Bar (casual buffet restaurant, complimentary; open for breakfast and lunch; features indoor and outdoor sitting areas; the Terrace Bar serves as a small pizzeria as well; the Terrace Cafe transforms into “Tapas On The Terrace” at night serving traditional Mediterranean cuisine)
- Toscana (96-seat Italian fine dining restaurant, dinner-only, reservations-only, complimentary; offers traditional Italian cuisine)
- Polo Grill (96-seat Steakhouse restaurant, complimentary; reservations required).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
At the time of its onset, Oceania's management had clear objectives: to offer luxury service without becoming a luxurious cruise line. Priced in the premium or luxurious range, Regatta offers an experience that's near to luxury without being an all-inclusive ship. Although her cabins are smaller than those offered on most luxury vessels, the conveniences, attentive service and delicious cuisine are probably to fool most people into believing they are traveling in ultra-luxury style.
Follows the complete list of Regatta lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Regatta Lounge (main showroom/theatre for live evening entertainment and themed dancing parties; hosts daily trivia quizzes, lectures and presentations)
- The Casino (operates with USD bets; served by the Casino Bar)
- Martinis (a piano bar serving a variety of Martinis)
- Two Boutiques (duty-free perfumes, jewelry, Oceania-logo merchandise, clothes, gifts, convenience goods)
- Upper Hall lounge area (with grand piano for live performances; served by the Martinis Bar)
- Grand Bar (wine bar; hosts wine tastings; served by Baristas making complimentary illy beverages)
- Regatta Wellness Center (includes a Spa Terrace, Spa Whirlpool, Steam Rooms, Treatment Rooms, Styling Salon, Canyon Ranch Spa Club, Fitness/Gym, and Boardroom (cards playing and board games; Canyon Ranch Spa Club treatments include: Acupuncture, Ayurveda, Healing Energy, Body Wraps and Scrubs, Skin Care, Tanning, Massages and Exotic Treatments.)
- Oceania@Sea (24-hour Internet computers room; Private lessons/group classes are also provided)
- Pool area (with one swimming pool, two Whirlpools, sunbathing area and a Band Stand; served by the Waves Bar)
- The Patio (outdoor shaded lounge with chairs, daybeds, sofas)
- Horizons (Lounge & Bar served by the Horizons Bar; has floor-ceiling windows, live entertainment, full bar; also serves Afternoon Tea; becomes a nightclub at night)
- Fitness Track (Power Walking/Jogging Track); Promenade (Deck 5)
- The Library (1000+ books of which many port-destination guide books)
- Sun Deck (served by the Polo Bar; has sunloungers, showers, deck games - Shuffleboard, Golf Driving Net, 9-hole Mini-Golf putting greens).
MS Regatta's itinerary program is based on World Cruises leaving roundtrip from the USA (Miami and Los Angeles) with various segments. The ship also operates exotic itineraries in South America, the Caribbean, Panama Canal transits, Alaska (from Seattle WA USA), Canada and New England (from NYC-New York and Montreal).
Oceania Regatta - user reviews and comments
Photos of Oceania RegattaAdd Photo
Oceania Regatta ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Oceania Cruises has unveiled plans for 7 new summer sailings in 2025, offering voyages to French Polynesia and Hawaii aboard the Regatta ship...September 22, 2023
- Cruise Industry
The arrival of the first large ships to Prince of Wales Island (Canada) has been postponed for at least another year. A group of Native corporations...April 16, 2023
- Cruise Industry
The NCLH/Norwegian-owned Oceania Cruises offers an abundance of immersive experiences in Alaska. Sailing from Seattle WA USA, Vancouver BC Canada...February 26, 2023
- Cruise Industry
The premium travel brand Oceania Cruises announced that its Riviera ship would sail in Asia for the first time due to unprecedented demand this 2023...January 29, 2023
TasPorts announced that two international cruise ships scheduled to call at Port Burnie (Tasmania Australia) last week had bypassed/canceled their...January 23, 2023
Regatta (Oceania) became the 5th cruise ship to cancel port calls in New Zealand because of strict biosecurity laws. So far the biofouling laws in...January 12, 2023
- Cruise Industry
Oceania Cruises’ ship Regatta is setting sail from Sydney NSW this evening, December 12, for a 35-day circumnavigation voyage of the entire...December 12, 2022
Passengers on the Alaska-bound Celebrity Cruises' ship Celebrity Eclipse finally got underway on Monday, August 29, nearly a day behind schedule, due...August 30, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Oceania Cruises announced it was adding dozens more dedicated staterooms for solo guests along with the debut of the Go Green and Beyond Blueprints...March 31, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Oceania Cruises announced its 2024 Around the World in 180 Days itinerary in addition to 4 distinct Grand Voyages ranging between 72-82 days in...February 24, 2022
- show more news
Other Oceania Cruises cruise ships
Oceania Regatta Wiki
Oceania Regatta cruise ship is the line's second vessel of the Renaissance-class along with her fleet mates Insignia, Nautica and Sirena (Ocean Princess). Of this marine vessel class are also the Azamara ships Journey, Pursuit, Quest and Onward.
MS Regatta was ordered and operated as "R-Two" by Renaissance Cruises between 1998-2002. After the company's bankruptcy, R-Two was bought and transferred to Oceania. She sailed as "Insignia" (2002-2003) and as "ms Regatta" (since 2003).
On September 2, 2014, NCLH-Norwegian purchased the company "Prestige Cruise Holdings" (owner of Oceania and RSSC-Regent) for USD 3,025 billion, thus becoming the official owner of all vessels in both fleets.
Apollo Group provides all Oceania ships with the entire onboard hotel product and services. This includes administration, food staff (preparation and serving), housekeeping staff, also the vessel's provisioning and crewing. Other cruise lines served by Apollo are Thomson UK (Marella Cruises) and RSSC-Regent.
The line's owner NCLH-Norwegian received the Government's permission to operate cruises to Cuba from the USA, with three Oceania ships - Marina (starting at the end of 2016), Regatta (starting in 2017) and Insignia (Nov-Dec 2017). Oceania ships operated a variety of itineraries, including a circumnavigation of Cuba (with stops in ports Cienfuegos and Havana) and also visiting Cuba as part of some Panama Canal transition cruises.
Oceania Regatta refurbishment 2019 review
Regatta ship's OceaniaNEXT refurbishment 2019 (September 7-23) in Vancouver Canada resulted in the following changes:
- New public spaces include open-floor design Lobby with Reception Hall (lower level) and Upper Hall (2nd level). They are connected via Grand Staircase (decorated with railings and balustrades) and feature a large crystal chandelier (with hanging pieces of hand-painted glass).
- Grand Dining Room (aft on Deck 5) received new premium dining furniture (leather chairs with metallic bronze threading) and new crystal chandelier.
- Martinis (piano bar lounge on Deck 5) was redesigned, new silver-white marble bar top and walnut paneling were added.
- All staterooms were completely overhauled (redesigned and refurnished) and upgraded with custom-made furniture, polished wood, stone finishes, designer accessories, smart HDTVs (interactive / infotainment system with movies-on-demand and Internet), USB ports, LED lighting.
- All cabin bathrooms were overhauled and received new tiling, surfaces, fixtures, designer accessories, vanities, glass shower enclosures.
- Penthouse-Vista-Owner suite bathrooms were enlarged and upgraded with Carrara marble, onyx and polished granite tops.
Oceania's 2018-2022 drydock projects (ships Insignia, Nautica, Regatta, Sirena) cost the company ~USD 100 million.
Oceania Regatta refurbishment 2016 review
The list of deckplan changes after drydock 2016 refurbishment in Vancouver (April 24 - June 6) included:
- All passenger cabins received new decors, new furnishings and luxury fabrics.
- All cabin bathrooms were upgraded with oversized showers. Owner and Vista suite bathrooms received new vanities (made of onyx and granite).
- Penthouse Suites were remodeled like on Marina-Riviera ships.
- "Horizons" bar lounge (Deck 10) received new colors and furnishings.
- All lounges were renovated with new carpeting, chairs, premium fabrics and upholstery.
- "Martinis" bar lounge (Deck 5) and Lido Pool area (Deck 9) received new furnishings.
- Ship's Spa complex (Deck 9) was remodeled with 2 new steam rooms, while locker rooms were redecorated with new custom-made tiles and mosaics.
- Terrace Cafe (buffet on Deck 9 aft) was redecorated, and Terrace Grill station was added (similar to Marina-Riviera ships).
- Grand Bar (Deck 5) received Barista coffee machines and the amenities was upgraded with complimentary illy coffees and gourmet desserts.
- New deck games (Deck 11) include Shuffleboard and 9-hole Mini-Golf putting green.
Oceania's 2016 drydock projects (ships Nautica, Insignia, Regatta) cost the company ~USD 50 million.