Oceania Marina current position
Specifications of Oceania Marina
|Year built||2011 / Age: 9|
|Flag state||Marshall Islands|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Sestri Ponente, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 500 million|
|Owner||(NCLH) Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd|
|Speed||20 kn / 37 kph / 23 mph|
|Length (LOA)||251 m / 823 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||66084 gt|
|Passengers||1258 - 1447|
|Decks with cabins||6|
|Christened by||Mary Hart|
Oceania Marina Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2021 Jan 08||10 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro||Buenos Aires||$4649|
|2021 Jan 18||30 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to Callao||Rio de Janeiro|
|2021 Jan 18||10 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to Buenos Aires||Rio de Janeiro||$4349|
|2021 Jan 28||20 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Callao||Buenos Aires||$8449|
|2021 Feb 17||20 days, one-way from Callao to Buenos Aires||Callao||$8449|
|2021 Feb 17||30 days, one-way from Callao to Rio de Janeiro||Callao|
|2021 Feb 17||51 days, one-way from Callao to Miami||Callao|
|2021 Mar 09||10 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro||Buenos Aires||$4799|
|2021 Mar 09||31 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Miami||Buenos Aires|
|2021 Mar 19||21 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to Miami||Rio de Janeiro||$8899|
|2021 Apr 09||21 days, one-way from Miami to Piraeus||Miami||$5449|
|2021 Apr 09||14 days, one-way from Miami to Civitavecchia||Miami||$3699|
|2021 Apr 23||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Piraeus||Civitavecchia|
|2021 Apr 30||24 days, one-way from Piraeus to Barcelona||Piraeus|
|2021 Apr 30||12 days, one-way from Piraeus to Venice||Piraeus||$6199|
|2021 May 12||22 days, one-way from Venice to Southampton||Venice|
|2021 May 12||12 days, one-way from Venice to Barcelona||Venice|
|2021 May 24||22 days, one-way from Barcelona to Copenhagen||Barcelona|
|2021 May 24||10 days, one-way from Barcelona to Southampton||Barcelona||$4099|
|2021 Jun 03||12 days, one-way from Southampton to Copenhagen||Southampton||$5299|
|2021 Jun 15||22 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Southampton||Copenhagen|
|2021 Jun 15||10 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Oslo||Copenhagen||$4649|
|2021 Jun 25||12 days, one-way from Oslo to Southampton||Oslo||$6199|
|2021 Jul 07||12 days, one-way from Southampton to Stockholm||Southampton||$7849|
|2021 Jul 19||7 days, one-way from Stockholm to Copenhagen||Stockholm||$3149|
|2021 Jul 26||7 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Stockholm||Copenhagen||$3149|
|2021 Aug 02||10 days, one-way from Stockholm to Copenhagen||Stockholm||$6749|
|2021 Aug 12||7 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Stockholm||Copenhagen||$3149|
|2021 Aug 19||10 days, one-way from Stockholm to Copenhagen||Stockholm||$4699|
|2021 Aug 29||10 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Stockholm||Copenhagen||$5299|
|2021 Sep 08||12 days, one-way from Stockholm to Amsterdam||Stockholm||$5149|
|2021 Sep 08||26 days, one-way from Stockholm to Lisbon||Stockholm|
|2021 Sep 20||26 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Venice||Amsterdam|
|2021 Sep 20||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Lisbon||Amsterdam||$6599|
|2021 Oct 04||12 days, one-way from Lisbon to Venice||Lisbon||$4249|
|2021 Oct 16||10 days, one-way from Venice to Barcelona||Venice||$3599|
|2021 Oct 26||14 days, one-way from Barcelona to Venice||Barcelona|
|2021 Oct 26||7 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia||Barcelona||$3049|
|2021 Nov 02||17 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$4949|
|2021 Nov 02||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice||Civitavecchia||$2649|
|2021 Nov 09||22 days, one-way from Venice to Miami||Venice||$5799|
|2021 Nov 09||10 days, one-way from Venice to Barcelona||Venice||$3299|
|2021 Nov 19||12 days, one-way from Barcelona to Miami||Barcelona||$3199|
|2021 Dec 01||38 days, one-way from Miami to Buenos Aires||Miami|
|2021 Dec 01||18 days, one-way from Miami to Callao||Miami||$4749|
|2021 Dec 19||20 days, one-way from Callao to Buenos Aires||Callao||$6549|
|2022 Jan 08||20 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to San Antonio||Buenos Aires||$7199|
|2022 Jan 28||17 days, one-way from San Antonio to Buenos Aires||San Antonio||$5049|
|2022 Jan 28||29 days, one-way from San Antonio to Rio de Janeiro||San Antonio||$8749|
|2022 Jan 28||50 days, one-way from San Antonio to Miami||San Antonio||$13799|
|2022 Feb 14||12 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro||Buenos Aires||$4699|
|2022 Feb 14||33 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Miami||Buenos Aires||$9599|
|2022 Feb 26||21 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to Miami||Rio de Janeiro||$6549|
|2022 Mar 19||26 days, one-way from Miami to Venice||Miami|
|2022 Mar 19||16 days, one-way from Miami to Civitavecchia||Miami||$3999|
|2022 Apr 04||10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice||Civitavecchia|
Oceania Marina Review
Review of Oceania Marina
Launched in 2011, Oceania Marina cruise ship is one of company's newest, with sistership Riviera. Both liners were constructed in Italy and designed by the Norwegian marine architecture company "Petter Yran and Bjorn Storbratten".
History - construction and ownership
Oceania Cruises is a US company, and brand owned by NCL Norwegian (shipowner), Between April 2007 and September 2014, the company (as part of "Prestige Cruise Holdings") was owned by Apollo Management LP - one of the world's largest private investment equity funds. Since September 2014, Oceania and the sister company RSSC-Regent Seven Seas Cruises are owned by NCL, acquired at the total cost of USD 3 billion. Oceania ships offer luxury cruises with relatively shorter itineraries, as well as Around The World voyages up to 180 days in length.
The 66,084-ton, 1,258-passenger cruise ship Marina debuted in January 2011 as the first new-build of Oceania Cruises. Shiny, large and chic, Marina marks a huge step forward for the upper-premium line.
Cruise itinerary program
Marina itinerary program is based on luxury world cruises to exotic destinations in the South Pacific, (sailing out of Australia, New Zealand, French Polynesia), South America, Canada/New England, Europe (the Mediterranean, Canary Islands, Baltic). Oceania Marina offers Panama Canal transits and transatlantic repositioning crossings.
Oceania Marina has a total of 629 cabins (of which 147 Suite, 444 Balcony, 18 Inside rooms) in 17 grades. Most Marina staterooms (94%) are 235-sq. foot Balcony rooms. The largest aboard Marina is the Owner’s Suite (1335 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Marina offers four reservations-only restaurants, plus a buffet restaurant and casual snack spots. Speciality restaurants come with no additional charge but require reservations. The most high-profile of all is Jacques, the first restaurant ever created, on land or sea, by celebrity chef Jacques Pepin. Jacques is designed with the feel of a French bistro and focuses on traditional French cuisine. Other speciality restaurants include the Polo Grill steakhouse and the Mediterranean Toscana - both carry-overs from the earlier ships of the line, and Red Ginger, which is an excellent pan-Asian spot.
Follows the complete list of Marina restaurants and food bars.
- Red Ginger (feng shui Asia speciality restaurant with a 5-course “tasting” and a la carte menu)
- Jacques (124-seat complimentary dinner restaurant, reservations-only; features French cuisine by chef Pepin)
- Grand Dining Room (complimentary 340-seat restaurant for open seating Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner; offers French-inspired dishes, and menus change daily)
- Waves Grill (casual dining fast-food bar; serves the pool deck area with made-to-order daily specialities and gelato ice cream)
- Terrace Cafe & Bar (casual buffet restaurant, complimentary; open for breakfast and lunch; features indoor and outdoor sitting areas; the Terrace Bar serves as a small pizzeria as well; the Terrace Cafe transforms into “Tapas On The Terrace” at night serving traditional Mediterranean cuisine)
- Culinary Center (for cooking classes and demos; hosts the “Gourmet Explorer Series” which consist of 20 new cooking classes; there is also "La Technique" - an exclusive cooking class focusing on the techniques of master chef Chef Jaques Pepin.
- La Reserve (24-seat wine bar at surcharge; offers wine tastings and a 7-course dinner menu)
- Toscana (96-seat Italian fine dining restaurant, dinner-only, reservations-only, complimentary; offers traditional Italian cuisine)
- Polo Grill (96-seat Steakhouse restaurant, complimentary; reservations required)
- Privee (a limited capacity private dining room, between Toscana and Polo, 10-seat, charge $1000 for the entire room; features Chef’s Table and 7-course gourmet menu)
- In October 2015, Oceania announced its plan to combine the Toscana and Polo Grill speciality restaurants into a new venue - “Tuscan Steak”, with quality wood panelling decorated with platinum and silver. The gourmet dinner menu of the new restaurant includes items, such as “Bistecca alla Fiorentina”, “Maine Lobster & Shrimp Fra Diavol”, “Tuscan Porterhouse Steak”, and the signature pork chops of Oceania Cruises “Iberico de Bellota”. At the entrance, there is a wine cellar with a selection of fine wines.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Much of the inspiration for the layout of Marina came from such high-end establishments as Miami's Mondrian Hotel, the Palm Court at NYC's Plaza Hotel and Bouchon dining venue in Napa. Marina cruise ship is not a true luxury vessel; her cruises sell at a more moderate price point and are considerably less inclusive. Cruisers should bring out their wallets for a range of fares charged a la carte, from cocktails to enrichment programs and facilities.
Follows the complete list of Marina lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Marina Lounge (main showroom/theatre for live evening entertainment and themed dancing parties; hosts daily trivia quizzes, lectures and presentations)
- The Casino (operates with USD bets; served by the Casino Bar)
- Martinis (a piano bar serving a variety of Martinis)
- Three Boutiques (duty-free perfumes, jewellery, Oceania-logo merchandise, clothes, gifts, convenience goods)
- Upper Hall lounge area (with grand piano for live performances; served by the Martinis Bar)
- Grand Bar (wine bar; hosts wine tastings; served by Baristas making complimentary illy beverages)
- Concierge Lounge (Concierge Level and Suite guests lounge)
- Executive Lounge (Concierge-Level Balcony and Suite guests)
- Artist Loft (educational centre for Oceania Cruises’ enrichment programmes)
- Marina Wellness Center (includes a Spa Terrace, Spa Whirlpool, Steam Rooms, Treatment Rooms, Styling Salon, Canyon Ranch Spa Club, Fitness/Gym, and Boardroom (cards playing and board games; Canyon Ranch Spa Club treatments include: Acupuncture, Ayurveda, Healing Energy, Body Wraps and Scrubs, Skin Care, Tanning, Massages and Exotic Treatments.)
- Oceania@Sea (24-hour Internet computers room; Private lessons/group classes are also provided)
- Pool area (with one swimming pool, two Whirlpools, sunbathing area and a Band Stand; served by the Waves Bar)
- Sanctuary (outdoor shaded area with loungers)
- The Patio (outdoor shaded lounge with chairs, daybeds, sofas)
- Baristas (patisserie & speciality coffee bar serving illy coffees, complimentary)
- Horizons (Lounge & Bar served by the Horizons Bar; has floor-ceiling windows, live entertainment, full bar; also serves Afternoon Tea; becomes a nightclub at night)
- Fitness Track (Power Walking/Jogging Track), Promenade (Deck 6)
- The Library (1000+ books of which many port-destination guide books); Board Room
- Sun Deck (served by the Polo Bar; has sunloungers, showers, deck games - Shuffleboard, Golf Driving Net, 9-hole Mini-Golf putting greens, paddle tennis).
Oceania Marina - user reviews and comments
Photos of Oceania MarinaAdd Photo
Oceania Marina ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
The premium travel brand Oceania Cruises released its Europe and North America 2022 itineraries for preview before opening for sale on November 11...November 8, 2020
- Cruise Industry
75 NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line crew have been repatriated to St Vincent and the Grenadines via Oceania Marina ship, which docked at Port Kingstown on...June 19, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Oceania Cruises revealed its 2021-2022 Tropics & Exotics Collection of new itineraries to the Caribbean, South Pacific, South America, Africa...March 9, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Oceania Cruises debuted “Aquamar Spa + Vitality Center” - the company's new wellness experience to be introduced fleetwide this winter...October 9, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Oceania Cruises finished a major renovation of its Riviera ship as part of the OceaniaNEXT fleet enhancement program. In May 2020, similar changes...May 31, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Oceania Cruises unveiled the first of many enhancements coming to line's 1,250-passenger ships Marina and Riviera: a new generation of Owner's Suites...October 11, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Luxury cruise line Oceania expanded its vegan offerings onboard all 6 of its ships, making the company one of the most vegan-friendly on the high...July 2, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings was close to getting permission to cruise to Cuba, company's president and CEO Frank Del Rio said on Sunday at a...July 12, 2016
- show more news
Other Oceania Cruises cruise ships
Oceania Marina Wiki
Oceania Marina ship is the first of the line's two newbuilt vessels. Her sister and fleet mate is ms Riviera. On September 2, 2014, the NCL Norwegian company purchased the company "Prestige Cruise Holdings" (owner of Oceania and RSSC-Regent Seven Seas) for USD 3,025 billion, thus becoming the official owner of all vessels in both fleets.
The line's owner NCL Norwegian received government's permission to operate cruises to Cuba from the USA, with three Oceania ships - Marina (starting at the end of 2016), Regatta (starting in 2017) and Insignia (Nov-Dec 2017). Oceania ships operated a variety of itineraries, including a circumnavigation of Cuba (with stops in ports Cienfuegos and Havana) and also visiting Cuba as part of some Panama Canal transition cruises.
The Apollo Group company provides all Oceania ships with the entire onboard hotel product and services. This includes administration, food staff (preparation and serving), housekeeping staff, also the vessel's provisioning and crewing. Other cruise lines served by Apollo are Thomson UK (Marella Cruises) and RSSC-Regent.
Oceania Marina 2020 refurbishment review
Ship's drydock refurbishment in May 2020 (by company's OceaniaNEXT project) will result in several deckplan changes (details soon to be announced). What is known so far is adding a new cabin category (Owner Suite) designed by Trevor R. Howells (Los Angeles-based interior design firm).
Owner Suites are 2-room cabins furnished with Ralph Lauren Home furniture. The colour scheme is white-navy blue-camel-creme. Upholstery and fabrics are in melange (stripes and solids), with pops in silver-gold-metallic. Suite's foyer features premium wood panelling and stone flooring (limestone, black cabochon). The in-cabin bar is mahogany and with a quartzite stone top.
Suite's living room has floor-ceiling windows, Grimaldi-weave sail white fabrics, self-playing piano (made from polished ebony - black hardwood), sectional sofa (with navy blue cushions), mahogany lounge chair. Suite's dining room has a Mayfair table and Barrett Medium Knurled chandelier (natural brass). Master bedroom has a King-size bed, Mayfair Bergere armchairs, nickel-trimmed lighting.
Suite's wraparound balcony is premium teak-floored and fitted with custom-made (by Ralph Lauren) outdoor lounge furniture.
Oceania Marina User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review