78 °F / 26 °C
Gallipoli is a port town located in southeastern Italy (Apulia, Lecce province) with total area approx 40 km2 (20 ml2) and population around 30,000. Nearest airports are in Brindisi (88 km / 55 ml) and Bari (200 km / 120 ml). A railway connects Gallipoli to Lecce (the capital/largest city of Lecce province).
Current-day Gallipoli's economy is based mainly on tourism and commercial fishing. The mild climate allows tourists to enjoy this vacation destination the whole year-round. The peak summer season is between May and October. Besides beautiful beaches, this charming Italian resort town has as best-known tourist attractions and activities:
- numerous festive celebrations (annual carnivals and street parades)
- Angevine-Aragonese Castle (13th-century built, polygonal and wall-fortified castle with round towers / built by the Byzantines)
- San Pietro dei Samari Church (12th-century)
- St Francis of Assisi Church (13th-century)
- city walls (14th century)
- Sant'Agata cathedral (17th-century)
- St Francis of Paola Church (17th-century)
- San Domenico al Rosario Church (17th-century)
- Church of the Holy Crucifix (18th-century)
- Santa Maria della Purita Church (17th-century)
- Greek Fountain (16th-century, with mythological figures)
- Palazzo Pirelli (16th-century)
Spiaggia la Puritate beach is located right under the ancient city walls.
Gallipoli cruise terminal
Large cruise liners to Gallipoli Italy anchor outside the harbor and their passengers are transported via ship's tender boats. Smaller-sized ships usually dock at the ferry berth.
Gallipoli port was recently created by building a harbour waterway with a breakwater and marina for yachts and boats. It is located near downtown (city's main street/shopping area) lined up with numerous cafes, pubs, bars, restaurants. The cruise port has berthing capacity 1 ship at a time, with quay length/vessel LOA length 400 m (1312 ft) and harbor depth/max draught between 9,5-13 m (31-43 ft).
Port Gallipoli cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Gallipoli, Italy. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|13 June, 2019|
|15 June, 2019|
|24 June, 2019|
The Gallipoli cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Gallipoli, Italy.
If you lose the Gallipoli location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.