54 °F / 13 °C
Waterford Harbour is a river port in Ireland, featuring a natural harbor located at the mouth of the rivers Barrow, Nore and Suir. The harbour is navigable and used for shipping by both cities - Waterford and New Ross. Port Waterford is a deep-water port and can handle ships with DWT up to 32,000 tons. It is one of ireland's major cargo ports and the closest to mainland Europe. On harbour's west side is located the fishing village Dunmore East (popular holiday vacation resort).
Waterford (Munster province) is at the harbor's head. It is Ireland's oldest and by population (around 70,000) ranked country's 5th most populous. Among local tourist attractions are:
- Reginald's Tower (located on the Quays) is a museum and the Ireland's oldest building (a Viking monument).
- The city is internationally famous with its glass production between 1783-2009, when the Waterford Crystal factory was shut down. The House of Waterford Crystal (visitor centre) was opened in June 2010.
- Between mid-1850s - late-1860s, the Neptune Ironworks (shipbuilding company owned by Malcomson Family) built here and operated some of the world's largest iron steamers , among which 5 Transatlantic ocean liners.
- Bishop's Palace museum (opened in 2011) has items from the period 1700–1970. Next to Bishop's Palace there is a second museum displaying the city's Medieval history.
- Theatre Royal (built 1876) is part of the City Hall.
- Municipal Art Gallery has a collection of over 200 paintings, including from renowned artists.
Waterford cruise port videos
Port Waterford cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Waterford, Ireland. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|13 September, 2019|
|13 September, 2019|
|21 September, 2019|
|Seven Seas Explorer||07:00||16:00|
|27 September, 2019|
|30 September, 2019|