Jewel Of The Seas current position
Specifications of Jewel Of The Seas
|Year built||2004 / Age: 17|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Papenburg, Germany)|
|Building cost||USD 350 million|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd|
|Operator||Royal Caribbean International|
|Speed||25 kn / 46 kph / 29 mph|
|Length (LOA)||293 m / 961 ft|
|Beam (width)||39 m / 128 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||90090 gt|
|Passengers||2144 - 2573|
|Decks with cabins||8|
|Sister-ships||Brilliance OTS, Radiance OTS, Serenade OTS|
|Christened by||Kathy Mellor|
Jewel Of The Seas Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2021 May 04||5 days, round-trip Best Of Norway Cruise||Copenhagen||$1658|
|2021 May 09||7 days, round-trip Scandinavia Russia Cruise||Copenhagen||$824|
|2021 May 16||7 days, round-trip Scandinavia Russia Cruise||Copenhagen||$825|
|2021 May 23||7 days, round-trip Scandinavia Russia Cruise||Copenhagen||$915|
|2021 May 30||8 days, round-trip Scandinavia Russia Cruise||Copenhagen||$1032|
|2021 Jun 07||10 days, round-trip Scandinavia Russia Cruise||Copenhagen||$2007|
|2021 Jun 17||10 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Stockholm||Copenhagen||$1664|
|2021 Jun 27||7 days, round-trip Scandinavia Russia Cruise||Stockholm||$1501|
|2021 Jul 04||7 days, round-trip Scandinavia Russia Cruise||Stockholm||$1168|
|2021 Jul 11||7 days, round-trip Scandinavia Russia Cruise||Stockholm||$2291|
|2021 Jul 18||7 days, round-trip Scandinavia Russia Cruise||Stockholm||$1552|
|2021 Jul 25||11 days, one-way from Stockholm to Copenhagen||Stockholm||$5278|
|2021 Aug 05||10 days, round-trip Scandinavia Russia Cruise||Copenhagen||$1966|
|2021 Aug 15||7 days, round-trip Scandinavia Russia Cruise||Copenhagen||$1240|
|2021 Aug 22||9 days, round-trip Scandinavia Russia Cruise||Copenhagen||$3206|
|2021 Sep 20||6 days, round-trip Canada Cruise||Boston||$1147|
|2021 Sep 26||7 days, round-trip Canada Cruise||Boston||$1118|
|2021 Oct 03||7 days, round-trip Canada Cruise||Boston||$2849|
|2021 Oct 10||7 days, round-trip Canada Cruise||Boston||$1779|
|2021 Oct 17||7 days, round-trip Canada Cruise||Boston||$1023|
|2021 Oct 24||7 days, round-trip Canada Cruise||Boston||$2299|
|2021 Oct 31||7 days, round-trip Canada Cruise||Boston||$2299|
|2021 Nov 20||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$1486|
|2021 Nov 28||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$616|
|2021 Dec 04||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$2269|
|2021 Dec 12||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$616|
|2021 Dec 18||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$1628|
|2021 Dec 23||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Holiday Cruise||Miami||$2126|
|2021 Dec 30||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Holiday||Miami||$3184|
|2022 Jan 09||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$1545|
|2022 Jan 15||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$916|
|2022 Jan 23||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$679|
|2022 Jan 29||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$3043|
|2022 Feb 06||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$771|
|2022 Feb 12||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$993|
|2022 Mar 06||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$1770|
|2022 Mar 12||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$803|
|2022 Mar 20||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$711|
|2022 Mar 26||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$2184|
|2022 Apr 09||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$870|
|2022 Apr 17||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$780|
|2022 Apr 23||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$511|
|2022 Apr 29||14 days, one-way from Miami to Amsterdam||Miami||$1632|
|2022 Jun 08||12 days, round-trip British Isles Cruise||Amsterdam||$1349|
|2022 Jun 20||12 days, round-trip Arctic Circle Cruise||Amsterdam||$1861|
|2022 Jul 14||12 days, round-trip British Isles Cruise||Amsterdam||$1099|
|2022 Jul 26||12 days, round-trip Arctic Circle Cruise||Amsterdam||$1912|
|2022 Aug 19||12 days, round-trip British Isles Cruise||Amsterdam||$1299|
|2022 Aug 31||9 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords Cruise||Amsterdam||$2529|
|2022 Sep 09||10 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Tarragona||Amsterdam||$2419|
|2022 Sep 19||9 days, one-way from Tarragona to Piraeus||Tarragona||$1099|
|2022 Sep 28||9 days, one-way from Piraeus to Tarragona||Piraeus||$1099|
|2022 Oct 17||8 days, one-way from Piraeus to Tarragona||Piraeus||$1099|
Jewel Of The Seas Review
Review of Jewel Of The Seas
History - construction and ownership
Royal Caribbean International (RCI) is a US company, trademarked brand, and subsidiary owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCCL, shipowner). RCI was established in 1968 and currently has over 1/5 of the worldwide cruise market. RCI also has RCCL's largest fleet as both numbers of vessels and GT tonnage (ship sizes and capacities). All Royal Caribbean liners have names ending with "of the Seas".
At 90 090 tons (that counts on the high end of medium-sized ships nowadays), Jewel of the Seas, just like her siblings, has just enough space for some of the storied Royal Caribbean innovations, such as wonderful alternative dining venues, superb solarium pool, a rock-climbing wall and expansive Adventure Ocean children amenities. The 2,500-passenger Jewel of the Seas maintains a relatively low crew-to-guest ratio. The ship feels practically petite in comparison to her newer, bigger Oasis- and Voyager-class fleet mates. However, Jewel is big enough to offer a variety of dining options and entertainment, yet small enough to offer more immersive itineraries than bigger Royal Caribbean vessels. Like all Radiance-class cruise ships, Jewel of the Seas features glass throughout its interior, thus granting passengers plenty of ocean views.
After the 2016 refurb, new amenities are to be added, such as new restaurants - Izumi (Asian), Giovanni’s Table (Italian), new bar, poolside outdoor theater. The Jewel will also boast shipwide Wi-Fi coverage with VOOM, the fastest internet at sea, new digital signage and cabin renovations (with flat TVs in all cabins).
Cruise itinerary program
Jewel of the Seas itinerary program is based on roundtrip departures from San Juan, Puerto Rico and year-round, 7-day Eastern and Southern Caribbean voyages. In the summer, Jewel sails to Alaska out of Seattle, with Panama Canal transition and repositioning between Florida and California.
On March 1, 2018, RCI officially announced that starting January 2019, the ship will be homeported in Miami Florida. All pre-scheduled (January through April) 2019 cruises from Puerto Rico were canceled.
The ship's new Miami-based cruise program includes 5-night Western Caribbean, and 9- and 10-night Southern Caribbean itineraries.
Jewel Of The Seas has a total of 1057 cabins (of which 60 Suites, 517 Balcony rooms) in 24 grades. Most of the Jewel of the Seas staterooms are 160-190-sq.foot balcony rooms and 160-sq.foot insides (238). 19 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest aboard Jewel of the Seas are the Royal Suites (1155 ft2 /107 m2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
The kitchen onboard Jewel of the Seas is consistently fine. The main dining venue, especially at dinner, is where nearly half the cruise liner is ordering and eating simultaneously. The service is first-class in all zones. The Tides Dining Room is ship's 2-level main restaurant, decorated with a moonlight and tide romantic theme. Food is nicely presented and well prepared. The elegant room features tables on two levels and wonderful views of the vessel's wake. The menu offers several choices of salads, starters, soups, main courses, cheese, and desserts. The Windjammer Cafe is Jewel's main buffet venue. It is open for breakfast, lunch, afternoon snacks and informal dinner. Numerous stations serve up pasta, burgers, salads, and sweets. Portofino and Chops Grille are ship's alternative restaurants. Chops is a steakhouse venue with an open kitchen. Enjoyable as Chops is, the real highlight of Jewel's onboard dining is Portofino with favorites including tiger shrimp risotto and spaghetti with lobster sauce. Both Chops Grille and Giovanni’s Table levy a per-person service fee.
Follows the complete list of Jewel of the Seas restaurants and food bars.
- Tides Restaurant (1112-seat aft Dining Room has a small private dining room (Shoreside).
- Windjammer Cafe Lido buffet restaurant (680-seat, offers Early Breakfast at 6:30 a.m., Breakfast between 7:00-11:30 a.m., Lunch 11.30-3:30 p.m. and Dinner 6.30-9:00 p.m.)
- Chops Grille (86-seat specialty restaurant; reservations recommended)
- Portofino (95-seat Italian restaurant) during refurbishment 2016 was replaced by Giovanni’s Table (Italian specialty restaurant).
- Seaview Cafe (104-seat complimentary fast food and coffee bar) during refurbishment 2016 was replaced by Izumi (Asian specialty restaurant).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The tone aboard Jewel of the Seas is set by the Centrum, which serves as a central spot for activities in the heart of the ship. During the evenings, its Lobby Bar is the hottest spot on Jewel for after-dinner dancing. The lavish, 3-deck Coral Theater hosts the production shows and games. The ship has a real modern feel and does a fine job in incorporating some of the best facilities that have become Royal Caribbean trademarks. Onboard cruisers will find classics like Schooner Bar and Windjammer Cafe, as well as a climbing wall up to the smokestack, tiny golf, and a waterslide. Other additions include the pretty Seaview Cafe, and the rather avant-garde Vortex disco.
Additional amenities include Complimentary 24-hour Room-Service, Supervised Youth program, Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry.
Follows the complete list of Jewel of the Seas lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Coral Theatre (features grand production shows with dance, acrobatics, comedy, and games)
- Vortex Disco and Nightclub (126-seat, with a revolving bar)
- Photo Gallery and Shop; Art Gallery
- The Centrum (social hub, offers aerial acrobatics entertainment); Serengeti Club (40-seat card room); Safari Club Lounge (320-seat; hosts art auctions, karaoke, religious services); Zanzibar Lounge (52-seat); Next Cruise Lounge; Concierge Club (196-seat suite and past guests only); Yacht Club Lounge; Viking Crown Lounge and Bar
- Lobby Bar (47-seat atrium bar); Champagne Bar (52-seat wine bar); Game Reserves Bar (15-seat); Cafe Latte-tudes Bar (46-seat specialty coffee bar, Starbucks Coffee); The Pit Stop Bar (102-seat sports bar); Schooner Bar (134-seat piano bar); The Congo Bar; Sky Bar
- Vintages (wine bar)
- Centrum Boutiques (duty-free; clothes, perfumes, accessories, jewelry, logo souvenirs, General Store/alcohol, and cigarettes)
- Casino Royale (258-seat)
- Royal Caribbean Online center (Internet computers room; 24-hour)
- Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center; 3 jacuzzis; 2 pools
- Solarium lounge (includes Cafe Bar, pool bar and adults only pool area)
- Cinema (57-seat)
- Video Games Arcade; Fuel Teen Disco club; Royal Babies and Tots Nursery
- Adventure Beach; Adventure Ocean kids lounge area
- Sports Court (golf simulator, table tennis, basketball court); Jogging Track; Rock-climbing Wall; Fairways of Jewel Golf Course.
- During the ship's 2016 refurbishment were added digital signage boards (numerous touch-screens throughout the ship), also the Wi-Fi coverage was upgraded (to shipwide) and the fast-speed VOOM Internet is now available.
Jewel Of The Seas - user reviews and comments
Photos of Jewel Of The SeasAdd Photo
Jewel Of The Seas ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
RCI-Royal Caribbean International announced new itineraries and ports in Europe for summer 2022 season - from Italy and Israel (Mediterranean-Holy...December 5, 2020
- Cruise Industry
4 of the world's largest cruise liners remain anchored off Bournemouth Beach (on Isle of Portland, Dorset, England). It is not an unusual...November 12, 2020
- Cruise Industry
RCI-Royal Caribbean International continues to suspend its sailings for the rest of the year amid the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis. RCI's officials...November 3, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Five RCI-Royal Caribbean ships will have their summer 2021 schedules changed up, as the cruise company announced an update to its deployment plans...September 24, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Seas and NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line's Norwegian Epic plan to carry out technical calls at Gibraltar on Monday, August...August 9, 2020
- Cruise Industry
A total of 154 crew from two cruise liners remained berthed at Gibraltar UK after the chartered flight for their repatriation developed...May 19, 2020
On May 1, 2020, the Jewel Of The Seas ship's Master (Captain Lis Lauritzen, 1971-born Danish female) announced via the PA (public address) system...May 3, 2020
Amid the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the world's second-largest passenger shipping company (after Carnival Corporation) - RCCL-Royal Caribbean...March 14, 2020
Port Abu Dhabi (UAE) was closed for cruise ships. The blockage applies to both the port and the offshore island of Sir Bani Yas. The affected liners...March 11, 2020
Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Seas, which is in the port of Dubai is suspected to have two people on board with Coronavirus. COVID-19 tests have...March 11, 2020
- show more news
Other Royal Caribbean cruise ships
Jewel Of The Seas Wiki
Jewel is Royal Caribbean's last Radiance-class liner, with sisterships Brilliance, Radiance, Serenade. Radiance-class vessels are built in accordance with Panamax standards allowing them to transit through Panama Canal.
Vessel's construction was completed in 2004 at Meyer Werft Shipyard (Papenburg, Germany). The inaugural cruise (maiden voyage) started on May 8, 2004. Ship's godmother was Kathy Mellor - winner of the "2004 National Teacher of the Year" prize. Kathy lives in Rhode Island (USA) and teaches English as a second language. The prize was given to her by President George W. Bush and his wife Laura Bush.
Like on all RCI ships, Jewel's Atrium is called "Centrum". The 9-deck high Atrium features floor-ceiling windows and vast interior spaces, allowing Jewel OTS to offer fantastic sea views. Ship's shopping area includes gorgeous jewelry store and also designer-branded boutiques.
Jewel OTS refurbishment 2016 review
The list of deckplan changes after ship's 2016 drydock refurbishment (March 21 – April 6) includes:
- New passenger accommodations were added – one 2-Bedroom Family Suite (category TS) plus a total of 24 oceanview and balcony cabins (on decks 2, 4, 9, 10 and 11).
- On deck 6, the Portofino restaurant was replaced by Giovanni’s Table (Italian specialty restaurant).
- On deck 12, the Seaview Cafe (104 seats, complimentary fast-food diner, and coffee bar with waiter service) was replaced by Izumi (Asian specialty restaurant).
- On deck 6, Vintages (wine bar) replaced the Champagne Bar.
- On deck 4, the Seaside private dining room (starboard, 102 seats) was replaced by inside cabins.
- On deck 8, Explorer’s Court (small relaxation area) was replaced with 1 inside cabin.
- On deck 12, the RCI’s Nursery (Royal Babies & Tots) was added.
- Royal Caribbean’s digital signage boards were installed (numerous touch-screens throughout the ship). The Wi-Fi coverage was upgraded to ship-wide. The fast-speed VOOM Internet is now available.
- Cabin renovations included new flat TVs in all passenger rooms.
- On Lido deck 11, a poolside outdoor theater (Jumbotron movie screen) was installed.
- On deck 13, the Hollywood Odyssey (70 seats Cigar Club & Lounge) was replaced by Concierge Club.
- Chops Grille, the Spa and retail shopping areas were redesigned and refreshed.
Jewel OTS refurbishment project’s total cost was ~USD 30 million. The vessel is among the last RCI liners to benefit from the company’s expensive revitalization program for implementing Oasis-class features (facilities and amenities) fleetwide.
Jewel Of The Seas User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review