ms Eurodam Review and Specifications
Specifications of ms Eurodam
|Year built||2008 / Age : 10|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Marghera, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 450 million|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Operator||Holland America Line|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||285 m / 935 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||86273 gt|
|Passengers||2104 - 2525|
|Decks with cabins||8|
|Christened by||HM Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands|
Current itinerary of ms Eurodam
ms Eurodam current cruise is 18 days, round-trip Circle Hawaii. The itinerary starts on 11 Nov, 2018 and ends on 29 Nov, 2018.
|Date / Time||Port|
|11 Nov 17:00||Departing from San Diego, California|
|17 Nov 07:00 - 18:00||Kailua-Kona, Hawaii Island|
|18 Nov 08:00 - 18:00||Hilo, Hawaii Island|
|19 Nov 07:00||Honolulu, Oahu Island, Hawaii|
|21 Nov 08:00 - 18:00||Nawiliwili, Lihue, Kauai Island, Hawaii|
|22 Nov 07:00 - 23:00||Lahaina, Maui Island, Hawaii|
|28 Nov 18:00 - 23:59||Ensenada, Baja California Mexico|
|29 Nov 07:00||Arriving in San Diego, California|
Review of ms Eurodam
Launched in 2008, ms Eurodam is the 1st of two Signature-class Holland America cruise ships, together with ms Nieuw Amsterdam.
History - construction and ownership
Holland America Line (HAL) is a Seattle-based cruise company owned by Carnival Corporation (shipowner). Between 1873-1989, HAL was a Dutch cargo and passenger shipping company operating regular Transatlantic crossings between Holland and the Americas. HAL was founded in 1873 as "Dutch-American Steamship Company" headquartered in Rotterdam Netherlands. In 1989, HAL was acquired by Carnival Corporation for around EUR 530 million. Among company's assets are the Westmark hotel chain (Alaska-Yukon), Worldwide Shore Services (warehouses-logistics) and Half Moon Cay (Caribbean private island).
The 86,273-ton, 2,104-passenger cruise ship ms Eurodam keeps going HAL's more recent tradition of offering an onboard atmosphere that blends elements from past and present. The vessel's stylish art collection, its excellent trained crew members - that hail mainly from the Philippines and Indonesia - and courtly evening amusement, from a nightly string quartet to cheek-to-cheek dancing, all connect cruisers to Holland America's magnificent inheritance. MS Eurodam was last refurbished in January 2016. Following the 2-week long drydock, ms Eurodam boasts a number of new dining venues, suite offerings and entertainment options. Guests aboard Holland America Line's Eurodam will find new food and beverage offers. Replacing Northern Lights, passengers can start the evening at the new cocktail bar Gallery Bar, serving unique drinks by celebrity mixologist Dale DeGroff. On ship's Lido deck, cruisers will find a reconfigured Lido Market, with modern “island station” design.
For suite guests, a refreshed experience is prepared. As announced earlier in 2015, the refresh program is adding new carpet, furniture, USB and revamped electrical outlets, an enhanced bathroom and vanity. Announced as brand new offerings for the upcoming Koningsdam, Billboard Onboard & Lincoln Center Stage made a grand appearance on ms Eurodam, with new ways for passengers to dive into music. Billboard Onboard creates an exceptional twist to traditional night entertainment, hosting live musicians who perform Billboard’s hottest hits, mix in dueling pianos and music trivia. Via partnership with Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, The Stage will host nightly performances of classical music, as well as afternoon recitals on sea days.
Cruise itinerary program
MS Eurodam has a total of 1052 cabins (of which 114 Suites, 604 Balcony, 155 Inside rooms) in 38 grades. Most ms Eurodam staterooms are 200-sq.foot balcony rooms. Nearly 70% of ship's accommodations have private balcony views. 30 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest aboard ms Eurodam are the Pinnacle Suites (1150 ft2). There are also Spa cabins (8) and Spa suites (8).
Implemented fleetwide in 2019, "Club Orange" program provides exclusive amenities to Suite passengers booked in categories Neptune and Pinnacle. Bonus perks by this program include:
- priority services (check-in, disembarkation, tendering, dining reservations)
- 24-hour concierge service (assistance, information, reservations)
- exclusive dining venue (serving complimentary Pinnacle Grill breakfast and Dining Room dinner, plus exclusive dishes)
- dedicated Concierge Desk (Guest Services and Tours)
- room service (a la carte breakfast menu with complimentary gourmet dishes - including smoked salmon, steak and eggs)
- sparkling wine (embarkation day), Club Orange tote bag, premium bathrobes (cabin use, available for monogramming and purchasing).
- Club Orange Restaurant is part of the Main Dining Room (designed as separate VIP dining section).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
MS Eurodam boasts more dining options than any other ship in the fleet of Holland America besides her sister ms Nieuw Amsterdam. The seven different and distinct dining areas provide casual and formal options. The Rembrandt Restaurant is ship's 2-deck Main Dining Room, and it's open daily for open seating breakfast and occasionally for open seating lunch. At breakfast, there are a lot of choices, from yogurt, fruit and granola, to corned beef hash, pancakes and eggs prepared in many ways. When lunch is served in the Rembrandt, the choice of options is perfect and includes salads, starters, soups, entrees and desserts. It's a relaxing and civilized alternative to the Lido buffet.
Follows the complete list of ms Eurodam restaurants and food bars.
- Pinnacle Grill (140-seat reservations-only seafood/steakhouse restaurant with fine wines selection; free for passengers under 12 yo). The venue transforms into “An Evening at le Cirque” once per cruise via partnership with NYC “Le Cirque” French restaurant.
- Rembrandt Restaurant (1114-seat, aft Dining Room; features open seating Breakfast and Lunch, two Dinner options – 2 fixed seatings or “Any Time” dining between 5:15 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Terrace Grill (46-seat fast food pool bar; complimentary)
- Lido Restaurant (470-seat complimentary buffet restaurant; offers self-service Breakfast 6:00 a.m. -11 a.m., Lunch 11:30 p.m. - 2 p.m., Afternoon Tea, and Dinner 5:30 p.m. - 8 p.m.)
- Canaletto Restaurant (Lido Restaurant annex; operates as Italian restaurant for Dinner, reservations required)
- Tamarind (142-seat Asian specialty restaurant; reservations-only)
- Slice (complimentary Pizzeria, poolside).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The progress that ms Eurodam introduces for HAL is relatively gentle. The ship is an evolution, rather than a revolution. Still, some changes point more to Hollad America's future than to its past. Eurodam is the first cruise liner built for Holland America without a tennis court, for instance. The area went a long way to making room for a combination basketball/dodgeball court, Silk Den and nearby Tamarind. The private, extra-fee cabana zones around and above the major swimming pool remind more of a sleek South Beach resort than a cruise liner. Other amenities include: complimentary 24-Hour Room-Service, Supervised Kids Program ("Club Hal"), cruise ship weddings, Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry.
Follows the complete list of ms Eurodam lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Atrium (3-deck high midship open-floor area with live performances)
- The Mainstage (890-seat theater/main show lounge; also serves Holland America’s enrichment program (via partnership with BBC Earth)
- Piano Bar; Sports Bar; Pinnacle Bar (36-seat wine bar); Ocean Bar (Atrium bar and lounge, with dance floor and stage for live performances)
- Northern Lights Disco & Nightclub (now Gallery Bar cocktail bar)
- Billboard Onboard & Lincoln Center Stage
- Queen’s Lounge & Culinary Arts Centre (166-seat, with live band entertainment, cooking shows, culinary classes; via partnership with “Food & Wine Magazine”)
- Explorer’s Lounge & Bar (lounge with bar; classical concert performances); Silk Den Lounge
- King’s Room (complimentary workshops, Internet computers room, by partnership with Microsoft)
- Photo Gallery & Shop; Art Gallery
- Casino (served by Casino Bar and Sports Bar)
- Screening Room (38-seat indoor cinema)
- Atrium Shops (boutiques for duty-free tobaccos and liquor, perfumes, watches, clothing, HAL logo merchandise, souvenirs); Marabella Luxury Shop
- Explorations Cafe (specialty coffee bar and patisserie; also serves as ship’s Library and Online Centre/Internet computers room)
- Neptune Lounge (club venue for Deluxe Suite and Pinnacle guests only)
- Fitness Center (gym with separate Aerobics Room); 7 jacuzzis
- Greenhouse Spa & Salon; Lido Pool area, served by Lido Bar and Terrace Grill; Sea View Pool area served by Sea View Bar; The Retreat (adults-only)
- Crow’s Nest (observation lounge; bar and dance floor; becomes disco at night)
- Sport Court (basketball, volleyball, soccer); Promenade Deck, Walking Track
- Club HAL (kids lounge, complimentary youth programming)
- The Loft (teens club lounge area, with Video Games Arcade, computers, PlayStations; teen disco).
ms Eurodam wiki
- ms Eurodam cruise ship is the line's 1st Signature-class vessel. Her sister in the fleet is Nieuw Amsterdam.
- The Holland America Eurodam ship is the 80th vessel servicing this company. Her Maiden Voyage was on July 5, 2008, godmother - HM Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands. 86% of all cabins are outside, 67% are with balconies. This ship also has juliet cabins (false balcony rooms) located Deck 11.
- In July 2017, the Eurodam ship hosted a specially themed cruise in Alaska. The "Share the Adventure Cruise" 2017 voyage (July 15-22) followed an exclusive partnership signed between Holland America and The Oprah Magazine. Besides Oprah Winfrey, herself the list of special guests onboard included Gayle King (TV personality), India Arie (singer), Glennon Doyle Melton (activist, speaker) and Angela Davis (political activist, motivational speaker). Four more Oprah Magazine-themed "Adventure of Your Life" cruises were scheduled through 2018, all featuring onboard exclusive program activities
- The list of all The Oprah Magazine themed "Adventure of Your Life" HAL cruises included the following itineraries (as dates and destinations): July 15, 2017 (7-Day Alaska from Seattle on Eurodam), November 29, 2017 (11-Day Southern Caribbean from Fort Lauderdale on Koningsdam), March 3, 2018 (7-Day Eastern Caribbean from Fort Lauderdale on Nieuw Amsterdam), August 11, 2018 (7-Day Alaska from Seattle on Eurodam) and October 28, 2018 (7-Day Western Caribbean roundtrip Fort Lauderdale on Nieuw Amsterdam).
- The following table shows HAL's first Opra-themed cruise itinerary on Eurodam as ports (times and sequence). Prices started from USD 2000 per person (double occupancy Inside cabin rates).
|15 Jul||Departing from Seattle, Washington|
|17 Jul 13:00 - 22:00||Juneau, Alaska|
|18 Jul 07:00 - 16:00||Glacier Bay, Alaska|
|19 Jul 07:00 - 15:00||Sitka, Baranof Island, Alaska|
|20 Jul 07:00 - 13:00||Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska|
|21 Jul 18:00 - 23:00||Victoria, Vancouver Island, BC Canada|
|22 Jul||Arriving in Seattle, Washington|
ms Eurodam - user reviews and comments
Photos of ms EurodamAdd Photo
ms Eurodam ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Holland America offers 9 extended itineraries to Hawaii during fall 2018-spring 2019 period. Sailings aboard ms Eurodam and ms Amsterdam range...July 15, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Highway blockade in Chiapas on Friday, October 27, gained international notice. Around 1,000 passengers aboard Holland America's ship Eurodam...October 29, 2017
- Cruise Industry
Oprah Winfrey is all for living one's best life, and that is exactly what she did while cruising onboard Holland America’s ms Eurodam...July 28, 2017
- show more news
Other Holland America cruise ships
ms Eurodam Itineraries
The below listed ms Eurodam cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Holland America fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Oct 28||7 days, round-trip Legendary Rhythm And Blues Cruise #31||San Diego|
|2018 Nov 11||18 days, round-trip Circle Hawaii||San Diego|
|2018 Nov 29||10 days, round-trip Sea Of Cortez||San Diego||$739|
|2018 Dec 09||7 days, round-trip Mexican Riviera||San Diego||$599|
|2018 Dec 16||7 days, round-trip Mexican Riviera||San Diego||$499|
|2018 Dec 23||7 days, round-trip Mexican Riviera Holiday||San Diego||$1049|
|2018 Dec 30||7 days, round-trip Mexican Riviera Holiday||San Diego||$999|
|2019 Jan 06||7 days, round-trip Mexican Riviera||San Diego||$499|
|2019 Jan 13||7 days, round-trip Mexican Riviera||San Diego||$799|
|2019 Jan 20||7 days, round-trip Mexican Riviera||San Diego||$799|
|2019 Jan 27||7 days, round-trip Mexican Riviera||San Diego||$799|
|2019 Feb 03||17 days, round-trip Circle Hawaii||San Diego||$1999|
|2019 Feb 20||17 days, round-trip Circle Hawaii||San Diego||$1949|
|2019 Mar 09||28 days, round-trip Hawaii, Tahiti & Marquesas||San Diego||$4999|
|2019 Apr 06||7 days, round-trip Mexican Riviera||San Diego||$829|
|2019 Apr 13||20 days, one-way from San Diego to Vancouver||San Diego||$2899|
|2019 Apr 13||16 days, round-trip Circle Hawaii||San Diego||$2699|
|2019 Apr 29||4 days, one-way from San Diego to Vancouver||San Diego||$249|
|2019 May 03||1 day, one-way from Vancouver to Seattle||Vancouver||$99|
|2019 May 04||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$999|
|2019 May 11||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$999|
|2019 May 18||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1099|
|2019 May 25||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1099|
|2019 Jun 01||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1249|
|2019 Jun 08||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1249|
|2019 Jun 15||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1249|
|2019 Jun 22||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1299|
|2019 Jun 29||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1299|
|2019 Jul 06||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1249|
|2019 Jul 13||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1249|
|2019 Jul 20||7 days, round-trip Gaither Homecoming||Seattle|
|2019 Jul 27||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1249|
|2019 Aug 03||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1199|
|2019 Aug 10||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1199|
|2019 Aug 17||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1149|
|2019 Aug 24||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1149|
|2019 Aug 31||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1199|
|2019 Sep 07||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1199|
|2019 Sep 14||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1099|
|2019 Sep 21||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1099|
|2019 Sep 28||1 day, one-way from Seattle to Vancouver||Seattle||$99|
|2019 Sep 29||27 days, one-way from Vancouver to San Diego||Vancouver||$3899|
|2019 Sep 29||16 days, round-trip Circle Hawaii||Vancouver||$2699|
|2019 Oct 15||11 days, one-way from Vancouver to San Diego||Vancouver||$1399|
|2019 Oct 15||4 days, one-way from Vancouver to San Diego||Vancouver||$299|
|2019 Oct 19||7 days, round-trip Mexican Riviera||San Diego||$999|
|2019 Nov 02||7 days, round-trip Mexican Riviera||San Diego||$999|
|2019 Nov 09||7 days, round-trip Mexican Riviera||San Diego||$999|
|2019 Nov 16||15 days, one-way from San Diego to Fort Lauderdale||San Diego||$2199|
|2019 Dec 01||10 days, round-trip Panama Canal Sunfarer||Fort Lauderdale||$1399|
|2019 Dec 11||17 days, round-trip Panama Canal Sunfarer & Western Caribbean Holiday||Fort Lauderdale||$2749|
|2019 Dec 11||10 days, round-trip Panama Canal Sunfarer||Fort Lauderdale||$1399|
|2019 Dec 21||14 days, round-trip Western & Tropical Caribbean Holiday||Fort Lauderdale||$2649|
|2019 Dec 21||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Holiday||Fort Lauderdale||$1399|
|2019 Dec 28||18 days, round-trip Tropical Caribbean & Panama Canal Sunfarer Holiday||Fort Lauderdale||$3199|
|2019 Dec 28||7 days, round-trip Tropical Caribbean Holiday||Fort Lauderdale||$1399|
|2020 Jan 04||11 days, round-trip Panama Canal Sunfarer||Fort Lauderdale||$1799|
|2020 Jan 15||11 days, round-trip Panama Canal Sunfarer||Fort Lauderdale||$1799|
|2020 Jan 26||10 days, round-trip Panama Canal Sunfarer||Fort Lauderdale||$1799|
|2020 Feb 05||11 days, round-trip Panama Canal Sunfarer||Fort Lauderdale||$1999|
|2020 Feb 16||14 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to San Diego||Fort Lauderdale||$2419|
|2020 Mar 01||17 days, round-trip Circle Hawaii||San Diego||$2699|
|2020 Mar 18||18 days, round-trip Circle Hawaii||San Diego||$2799|
|2020 Apr 05||6 days, one-way from San Diego to Vancouver||San Diego||$599|
|2020 Apr 11||4 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seattle||Vancouver||$499|
|2020 Apr 15||17 days, round-trip Circle Hawaii||Seattle||$2699|