ms Eurodam current position
Specifications of ms Eurodam
|Year built||2008 / Age: 12|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Marghera, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 450 million|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Operator||Holland America Line|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||285 m / 935 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||86273 gt|
|Passengers||2104 - 2525|
|Decks with cabins||8|
|Sister-ships||MS Nieuw Amsterdam|
|Christened by||HM Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands|
ms Eurodam Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2021 Apr 04||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$899|
|2021 Apr 11||20 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to Seattle||Fort Lauderdale||$2499|
|2021 Apr 11||19 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to Vancouver||Fort Lauderdale||$2419|
|2021 Apr 11||15 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to San Diego||Fort Lauderdale||$2149|
|2021 Apr 26||4 days, one-way from San Diego to Vancouver||San Diego||$449|
|2021 Apr 30||1 day, one-way from Vancouver to Seattle||Vancouver||$109|
|2021 May 01||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$999|
|2021 May 08||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$999|
|2021 May 15||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1049|
|2021 May 22||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1049|
|2021 May 29||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1099|
|2021 Jun 05||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1149|
|2021 Jun 12||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1249|
|2021 Jun 19||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1199|
|2021 Jun 26||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1199|
|2021 Jul 03||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1249|
|2021 Jul 10||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1249|
|2021 Jul 17||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1299|
|2021 Jul 24||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1299|
|2021 Jul 31||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1299|
|2021 Aug 07||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1249|
|2021 Aug 14||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1199|
|2021 Aug 21||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1149|
|2021 Aug 28||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1099|
|2021 Sep 04||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1049|
|2021 Sep 11||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$1049|
|2021 Sep 18||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$999|
|2021 Sep 25||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Explorer||Seattle||$999|
|2021 Oct 02||22 days, one-way from Seattle to Fort Lauderdale||Seattle||$3059|
|2021 Oct 03||21 days, one-way from Vancouver to Fort Lauderdale||Vancouver||$2929|
|2021 Oct 07||17 days, one-way from San Diego to Fort Lauderdale||San Diego||$2759|
|2022 Apr 10||19 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to Vancouver||Fort Lauderdale||$2969|
|2022 Apr 10||15 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to San Diego||Fort Lauderdale||$2749|
|2022 Apr 10||20 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to Seattle||Fort Lauderdale||$3099|
ms Eurodam Review
Review of ms Eurodam
Launched in 2008, ms Eurodam is the 1st of two Signature-class Holland America cruise ships, together with ms Nieuw Amsterdam.
History - construction and ownership
Holland America Line (HAL) is a Seattle-based cruise company owned by Carnival Corporation (shipowner). Between 1873-1989, HAL was a Dutch cargo and passenger shipping company operating regular Transatlantic crossings between Holland and the Americas. HAL was founded in 1873 as "Dutch-American Steamship Company" headquartered in Rotterdam Netherlands. In 1989, HAL was acquired by Carnival Corporation for around EUR 530 million. Among the company's assets are the Westmark hotel chain (Alaska-Yukon), Worldwide Shore Services (warehouses-logistics) and Half Moon Cay (Caribbean private island).
The 86,273-ton, 2,104-passenger cruise ship ms Eurodam keeps going HAL's more recent tradition of offering an onboard atmosphere that blends elements from past and present. The vessel's stylish art collection, its excellent trained crew members - that hail mainly from the Philippines and Indonesia - and courtly evening amusement, from a nightly string quartet to cheek-to-cheek dancing, all connect cruisers to Holland America's magnificent inheritance. MS Eurodam was last refurbished in January 2016. Following the 2-week long drydock, ms Eurodam boasts a number of new dining venues, suite offerings and entertainment options. Guests aboard Holland America Line's Eurodam will find new food and beverage offers. Replacing Northern Lights, passengers can start the evening at the new cocktail bar Gallery Bar, serving unique drinks by celebrity mixologist Dale DeGroff. On ship's Lido deck, cruisers will find a reconfigured Lido Market, with modern “island station” design.
For suite guests, a refreshed experience is prepared. As announced earlier in 2015, the refresh program is adding new carpet, furniture, USB and revamped electrical outlets, an enhanced bathroom and vanity. Announced as brand new offerings for the upcoming Koningsdam, Billboard Onboard & Lincoln Center Stage made a grand appearance on ms Eurodam, with new ways for passengers to dive into music. Billboard Onboard creates an exceptional twist to traditional night entertainment, hosting live musicians who perform Billboard’s hottest hits, mix in duelling pianos and music trivia. Via a partnership with Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, The Stage will host nightly performances of classical music, as well as afternoon recitals on sea days.
Cruise itinerary program
MS Eurodam has a total of 1052 cabins (of which 114 Suites, 604 Balcony, 155 Inside rooms) in 38 grades. Most staterooms are 200-ft2 balcony rooms. Nearly 67% of all staterooms have private balconies, 86% of all cabins are outside, On Deck 11 are located Juliet cabins (false/French balcony rooms). Wheelchair accessible rooms are 30. The largest are Pinnacle Suites (1150 ft2). The ship also has Spa cabins (8) and Spa suites (8).
Implemented fleetwide in 2019, "Club Orange" program provides exclusive amenities to Suite passengers booked in categories Neptune and Pinnacle. Bonus perks by this program include:
- priority services (check-in, disembarkation, tendering, dining reservations)
- 24-hour concierge service (assistance, information, reservations)
- exclusive dining venue (serving complimentary Pinnacle Grill breakfast and Dining Room dinner, plus exclusive dishes)
- dedicated Concierge Desk (Guest Services and Tours)
- room service (a la carte breakfast menu with complimentary gourmet dishes - including smoked salmon, steak and eggs)
- sparkling wine (embarkation day), Club Orange tote bag, premium bathrobes (cabin use, available for monogramming and purchasing).
- Club Orange Restaurant is part of the Main Dining Room (designed as separate VIP dining section).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
MS Eurodam boasts more dining options than any other ship in the fleet of Holland America besides her sister ms Nieuw Amsterdam. The seven different and distinct dining areas provide casual and formal options. The Rembrandt Restaurant is ship's 2-deck Main Dining Room, and it's open daily for open seating breakfast and occasionally for open seating lunch. At breakfast, there are a lot of choices, from yoghurt, fruit and granola, to corned beef hash, pancakes and eggs prepared in many ways. When lunch is served in the Rembrandt, the choice of options is perfect and includes salads, starters, soups, entrees and desserts. It's a relaxing and civilized alternative to the Lido buffet.
Follows the complete list of ms Eurodam restaurants and food bars.
- Pinnacle Grill (140-seat reservations-only seafood/steakhouse restaurant with fine wines selection; free for passengers under 12 yo). The venue transforms into “An Evening at le Cirque” once per cruise via a partnership with NYC “Le Cirque” French restaurant.
- Rembrandt Restaurant (1114-seat, aft Dining Room; features open seating Breakfast and Lunch, two Dinner options – 2 fixed seatings or “Any Time” dining between 5:15 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Terrace Grill (46-seat fast food pool bar; complimentary)
- Lido Restaurant (470-seat complimentary buffet restaurant; offers self-service Breakfast 6:00 a.m. -11 a.m., Lunch 11:30 p.m. - 2 p.m., Afternoon Tea, and Dinner 5:30 p.m. - 8 p.m.)
- Canaletto Restaurant (Lido Restaurant annexe; operates as an Italian restaurant for Dinner, reservations required)
- Tamarind (142-seat Asian speciality restaurant; reservations-only)
- Slice (complimentary Pizzeria, poolside).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The progress that ms Eurodam introduces for HAL is relatively gentle. The ship is an evolution, rather than a revolution. Still, some changes point more to Holland America's future than to its past. Eurodam is the first cruise liner built for Holland America without a tennis court, for instance. The area went a long way to making room for a combination basketball/dodgeball court, Silk Den and nearby Tamarind. The private, extra-fee cabana zones around and above the major swimming pool remind more of a sleek South Beach resort than a cruise liner. Other amenities include: complimentary 24-Hour Room-Service, Supervised Kids Program ("Club Hal"), cruise ship weddings, Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry.
Follows the complete list of ms Eurodam lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Atrium (3-deck high midship open-floor area with live performances)
- The Mainstage (890-seat theatre/main show lounge; also serves Holland America’s enrichment program (via a partnership with BBC Earth)
- Piano Bar; Sports Bar; Pinnacle Bar (36-seat wine bar); Ocean Bar (Atrium bar and lounge, with dance floor and stage for live performances)
- Northern Lights Disco & Nightclub (now Gallery Bar cocktail bar)
- Billboard Onboard & Lincoln Center Stage
- Queen’s Lounge & Culinary Arts Centre (166-seat, with live band entertainment, cooking shows, culinary classes; via a partnership with “Food & Wine Magazine”)
- Explorer’s Lounge & Bar (lounge with bar; classical concert performances); Silk Den Lounge
- King’s Room (complimentary workshops, Internet computers room, by a partnership with Microsoft)
- Photo Gallery & Shop; Art Gallery
- Casino (served by Casino Bar and Sports Bar)
- Screening Room (38-seat indoor cinema)
- Atrium Shops (boutiques for duty-free tobaccos and liquor, perfumes, watches, clothing, HAL logo merchandise, souvenirs); Marabella Luxury Shop
- Explorations Cafe (speciality coffee bar and patisserie; also serves as ship’s Library and Online Centre/Internet computers room)
- Neptune Lounge (club venue for Deluxe Suite and Pinnacle guests only)
- Fitness Center (gym with separate Aerobics Room); 7 jacuzzis
- Greenhouse Spa & Salon; Lido Pool area, served by Lido Bar and Terrace Grill; Sea View Pool area served by Sea View Bar; The Retreat (adults-only)
- Crow’s Nest (observation lounge; bar and dance floor; becomes disco at night)
- Sport Court (basketball, volleyball, soccer); Promenade Deck, Walking Track
- Club HAL (kids lounge, complimentary youth programming)
- The Loft (teens club lounge area, with Video Games Arcade, computers, PlayStations; teen disco).
ms Eurodam - user reviews and comments
Photos of ms EurodamAdd Photo
ms Eurodam ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
In 2021, HAL-Holland America Line has an expanded Alaskan program with a full season of voyages and cruise tours (Land+Sea Journeys) showcasing the...October 21, 2020
- Cruise Industry
HAL-Holland America Line extended its cruise suspension, issuing a list of cancelled Hawaii, Panama Canal, US Pacific Coastal and South American...June 12, 2020
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association (NOAA) is currently investigating after a Holland America Line cruise ship "may have made contact...June 28, 2019
A group of travellers stopping in San Diego CA on a cruise vacation had to stay in the port city longer than scheduled. MS Eurodam was due to...April 29, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Holland America passengers looking to experience the Mexican Riviera will have 20 cruises and 3 ships to choose from between October 2019-April 2020...March 22, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Holland America offers 9 extended itineraries to Hawaii during fall-2018-spring 2019 period. Sailings aboard ms Eurodam and ms Amsterdam range...July 15, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Highway blockade in Chiapas on Friday, October 27, gained international notice. Around 1,000 passengers aboard Holland America's ship Eurodam...October 29, 2017
- Cruise Industry
Oprah Winfrey is all for living one's best life, and that is exactly what she did while cruising onboard Holland America’s ms Eurodam...July 28, 2017
- show more news
Other Holland America cruise ships
ms Eurodam Wiki
Eurodam is Holland America's 1st Signature-class liner, with sistership Nieuw Amsterdam. The vessel is the 80th servicing this company. The Inaugural Cruise/Maiden Voyage was on July 5, 2008. Ship's Godmother was HM Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands.
In July 2017, the cruise ship hosted a specially themed cruise in Alaska. The "Share the Adventure Cruise" 2017 voyage (July 15-22) followed an exclusive partnership between Holland America and The Oprah Magazine. Besides Oprah Winfrey, herself the list of special guests onboard included Gayle King (TV personality), India Arie (singer), Glennon Doyle Melton (activist, speaker) and Angela Davis (political activist, motivational speaker). Four more Oprah Magazine-themed "Adventure of Your Life" cruises were scheduled through 2018, all featuring onboard exclusive program activities
The list of all The Oprah Magazine themed "Adventure of Your Life" HAL cruises included the following itineraries (as dates and destinations): July 15, 2017 (7-Day Alaska from Seattle on Eurodam), November 29, 2017 (11-Day Southern Caribbean from Fort Lauderdale on Koningsdam), March 3, 2018 (7-Day Eastern Caribbean from Fort Lauderdale on Nieuw Amsterdam), August 11, 2018 (7-Day Alaska from Seattle on Eurodam) and October 28, 2018 (7-Day Western Caribbean roundtrip Fort Lauderdale on Nieuw Amsterdam).
The following table shows HAL's first Oprah-themed cruise itinerary on Eurodam as ports (times and sequence). Prices started from USD 2000 per person (double occupancy Inside cabin rates).
|Date / Time||Port|
|15 Jul||Departing from Seattle, Washington|
|17 Jul 13:00 - 22:00||Juneau, Alaska|
|18 Jul 07:00 - 16:00||Glacier Bay, Alaska|
|19 Jul 07:00 - 15:00||Sitka, Baranof Island Alaska|
|20 Jul 07:00 - 13:00||Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island Alaska|
|21 Jul 18:00 - 23:00||Victoria, BC Canada|
|22 Jul||Arriving in Seattle, Washington|
ms Eurodam User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review