The current Celebrity Cruises alcohol policy ensures the line's security and health standards. Bringing beverages onboard Celebrity vessels is strictly forbidden, except for two bottles of wine per stateroom. In compliance with such regulations, the Celebrity line posed careful check control through all guests luggage during embarkation. Know, that Celebrity Cruises beverage policy is always subject to change without notice.
Our Celebrity alcohol policy review is part of the ShipCruise's "cruise lines alcohol policies" category in our "Alcohol Drinks Packages Menus" section (at page right). Related to this survey are also our Celebrity cruise ships itineraries pages, with sailing schedules, tickets prices and current positions of Constellation, Eclipse, Equinox, Infinity, Millennium, Reflection, Silhouette, Solstice, Summit, Xpedition. This is the link to the line's global website in English.
Celebrity Cruises Alcohol Policy
The minimum drinking age on all Celebrity Cruises ships, for all alcoholic beverages, is 21 years of age. On Celebrity ships in South America, Australia and Europe, where the legal drinking age is lower than 21, a parent sailing with his/her son/daughter who is between 18 to 20 years of age, may sign a waiver to allow the 18 to 20-year-old to consume alcohol. The 18 to 20-year-old must agree to comply with Celebrity policies, including to not provide alcohol to any other person, regardless of age.
If a passenger on board a Celebrity cruise ship celebrates his/her 21st birthday during the voyage, he/she may ask the Front Desk Manager to modify the records to permit him/her consumption of alcohol during the remainder of the sailing. The guest will be required to appear at Guest Relations Desk with a parent or guardian, presenting a government issued form of identification in order to establish that his/her 21st birthday was celebrated during the voyage.
Celebrity Cruises beverage policy rules and allowance
Passengers are not allowed to bring hard liquor or beer on board for consumption or any other use. Those who wish to bring personal wine with them at the beginning of the voyage may do so, but limited to only 2 bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any onboard restaurant, bar, or other dining venue, each bottle is subject to a $25.00 corkage fee.
- Any alcohol beverages purchased from Celebrity Cruises ship shops (on board) or in call ports will be stored by the line and delivered to the staterooms of guests on last day of sailing. Alcoholic beverages purchased ashore will also be held till the end of voyage. Security may inspect all containers (water and soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of those holding alcohol without any compensation given.
- Bringing wine or champagne on board is allowed. If you wish to bring your personal wine with you on the boarding/embarkation day, you may do so, but limited to two bottles of 750ml per stateroom. When consumed in the ship's restaurants or bars (any dining venues), each bottle is subject to corkage fee of US $25 (added to passenger's onboard account). However, corkage fees apparently do not apply when you decide to consume wine in your cabin! If a guest receives a wine bottle purchased from the Celebrity selection "Bon Voyage Gift", then no corkage fee is applied if the wine is enjoyed in any public area.
- The only exception to the above wine policy is the line's themed "Wine Cruises" voyages. Guests who book company-sponsored winery tours are permitted to take from the winery two bottles of wine (per stateroom) onboard on the day of the themed land tour.
- Guests under the age of 21 will not have alcohol returned to them.
- Those who violate any of the Celebrity Cruises alcohol policy rules (provide alcohol to people under age 21, over consume, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, attempt to conceal alcohol at security or luggage check points), may be not allowed to board or will be disembarked at their own expense.
- Celebrity cruise lines reserve the right to restrict drinking privileges of any passenger, regardless of age. Even if all the line's criteria are met, the ship's personnel may decide and have the option to not grant any drinking privileges.
- On occasion, Celebrity Cruises casinos offer free cocktails for players, so better check your daily scheduled cruise program.
Celebrity Cruises beer list
- Draught: Amstel Light and Heineken are available at most Celebrity restaurants.
- Bottled: Amstel Light, Anchor Steam, Becks, Boddingtons, Blue Moon, Carlsberg, Coors Light, Corona, Dogfish Head IPA, Dos Equis, Fuller's, Grolsch, Guinness, Heineken, Heineken Light, Hoegarden, Leffe, Miller Light, Newcastle Brown Ale, Ommegang, Orval, Peroni, Red Stripe, Samuel Adams, Sierra Nevada, Stella Artois.
- NOTE: The list of craft beers found at "Michael's Club" are currently at Cellar Masters on all Celebrity ships excepting Equinox (there they are to be found in the "Gastrobar").
Specialty bars on Celebrity cruise ships
Celebrity Cruises Solstice-class ships (Solstice, Eclipse, Equinox, Reflection and Silhouette) feature several specialty bars each.
- "Cellar Masters" bar offers a daily wine tasting with a different wine region each day (in the afternoons or evenings) and includes discussions with knowledgeable sommeliers.
- The "Martini Bar" and "Crush Bar" host caviar and vodka tastings at stylish, ice-filled tables. Also on Solstice-class vessels, the Molecular Bar offers handcrafted cocktails.
- Every Celebrity cruise vessel (except mv Xpedition) has the "Michael's Bar" where you may sip premium scotch or cognac and listen to grand piano music. On the ships Infinity, Millennium, Reflection, Silhouette, and Summit, this club provides 60 beer craft options.
Celebrity Cruises drink packages
Arranging for Celebrity beverage packages before boarding is a good idea so guests can use it the moment they step on board. They just have to book the cruise and make at least one payment towards the vacation. Sign in to "My Celebrity" at the Celebrity Cruises top of the website page and have a cruise reservation number handy.
A variety of Celebrity beverage packages are available, both non-alcoholic and spirited. Pay a set price and enjoy unlimited drinks throughout the sailing, from the minute you board. Enjoy a variety of beverage choices such as wines-by-the-glass, premium coffees, bottled water, or your favorite cocktails.
On the ship, beverage packages can be used in the Main Restaurant, the casual dining spots and buffet, any specialty restaurant, plus all lounges and bars. The beverage packages cannot be used through Room Service, with the in-stateroom mini bar, or in Cellar Masters at the Enomatic wine dispensing system.
- Once confirmed, the on-line purchase cannot be modified. However, the order may be cancelled and made again.
- At checkout, a service charge of 18% is added to Water, Soda, Wine, Classic and Premium Package prices.
- All prices below are in USD and subject to change without notice.
- Packages are sold on a "per cruise" basis.
- No refunds are issued for unused amounts.
- Celebrity Beverage Packages may not be shared.
- Availability of Celebrity beverage packages varies by ship.
NOTE: Any package must be pre-booked at least four days before the sail date. To purchase a Beverage Package on board, visit any bar on the Celebrity ship.
All-inclusive drink packages
From the autumn of 2015, Celebrity Cruises has adopted a new, all-inclusive pricing policy on selected sailings. Regular extras like alcoholic drinks, will be included as part of the cruise price, depending on the stateroom category booked. For example, an ocean-view accommodation includes classic drinks package of wines, house beers, soft drinks and cocktails.
The all-inclusive packages are still available on voyages in 2016 summer to Alaska, Europe and Bermuda.
Drink package prices
Celebrity Cruises may refuse to serve alcohol (or further alcohol) to a passenger who is likely (in their opinion) to be a nuisance or danger to him/herself, other guests or the ship
NOTE: Since April 6, 2015, Celebrity Cruises raised the cost of its beverage packages.
- The soda package went from $8 to $9; the water package was increased to $18 from $16.
- The classic beverage package is $55 (up from $49).
- The premium beverage package went from $59 to $65.
- The same drinks are still available under each package.
- Prices are not inclusive of the 18% gratuity.In conclusion, I must say the actual enforcement of company's alcohol policy looks somewhat uneven.
- These rules may vary with ship, staff, itinerary/destination. Some passengers on Pacific Northwest USA cruise itineraries, for example, reported that they'd purchased wine ashore and consumed it in dining rooms with corkage fee. Passengers on different itineraries reported wine and other alcohol had been confiscated and held till disembarkation day.
|Classic Non-Alcoholic Package||
$16 (per night)
|Premium Non-Alcoholic Package||
|Premium Bottled Water Package||
|Classic Stateroom Bar Setup||
|Premium Stateroom Bar Setup||
|Beverage Packages||Description||Price, per person, per day (USD)|
Celebrity Cruises Wine Packages
Note: This program is officially named "Taste of the Vineyards".
- Advise your sommelier which wine you would like to have with meals.
- Quantities vary per package.
- Save up to 16% when booking prior to cruise.
|Premium Wine Package||
|Classic Wine Package||
|Build Your Own Wine Package||
|Wine Packages||Description||Price, per person, per day (USD)|