Sun Cruise Hotel is the one of a kind "cruise ship hotel" wonder of South Korea. The "cruise ship hotel" is part of the "Sun Cruise Resort & Yacht" complex in Jeongdongjin, on the South Korean east coast. The Sun Cruise Hotel has the cruise ship image run aground. The "cruise ship hotel" offers an amazing view at top of a huge cliff and it's really impressive - the Sun hotel's main "cruise ship dimensions" are length 541 ft (165m), height / "keel to funnel" :) 148 ft (45m), weight 30,000. Integrated with our hub for cruise ships location at sea.
Korea's "Sun Cruise" ship hotel
The Sun Cruise resort in Jeongdongjin, South Korea, is located by the Sea of Japan (South Korea tries to promote the name "East Sea"). The resort's location is perfect. The Sea of Japan, just like the Mediterranean Sea, is calm (almost without tides) because it's almost entirely enclosed from the Pacific Ocean by the territories of Japan, Russia, North and South Korea.
The Sun Cruise ship hotel was specifically designed to overlook the sunny beach of this so beautiful resort area, looking like and boasting all facilities of real cruise ships and offering unforgettable sea views. The Sun Cruise Hotel idea attracts huge number of tourists from all over the world. The hotel's shape resembles a Royal Caribbean ship.
Looking out over the sea and witnessing the magnificent Jeongdongjin sunrise and sunset, the "cruise ship hotel" is itself a destination to discover. The unusual design ranked it among the first most popular South Korean attractions.
Built in 2002, this colossal cruise ship hotel structure actually was invented for tourists who don't have the funds or time to go on a real ship cruise travel vacation. The bizarre location though is the only thing which sets Sun Cruise Hotel apart from real ships - everything from the hotel rooms (all with heated floors) to the grounds with walking gardens, sculptures... breathtaking!
The South Korean Sun Cruise hotel was designed to emulate the cruising experience. It was even built by a Korean shipbuilding yard. A stay at the cruise ship hotel truly approximates a voyage. Because it was constructed high on the mountain edge, a stroll on the deck allows tourists feel as if they are out at sea. To further allusion, the Sun "cruise ship hotel" even presents played on speakers tender bird calls and sounds of crashing around waves throughout the whole hotel area.
Sun Cruise Hotel rooms, prices, "onboard" facilities
- The hotel offers a total of 211 rooms, including bedrooms and apartments. All staterooms are with heated floors.
- Six restaurants that serve European and Korean food, along with a rotating bar on top floor, give visitors panoramic views of the famed sunrises.
- A night club and karaoke, beautiful sky lounge, and sea water swimming pool were also made to pamper.
- Six function rooms, state-of-the-art, were especially designed for workshops and seminars.
- Sporting facilities - for the more dynamic guests, include a fitness club, volleyball court, netted golf range.
- Visitors can stop by adjacent to the Sun Cruise Hotel theme park and further the experience.
- The Sun Cruise Hotel and Resort is also famous for the "Hands of Promise" located within landscaped gardens and rising from ground, together with other sculptures' variety.
- An observation area, which is made of glass floor suspending above the sea, is among the amenities, along with the exhibition hall and the lake.
- Prices for a room at Jeongdongjin's Sun Cruise Hotel start at 80,000 South Korean Won, which is ~US$70 per night.
The resort complex also features an yacht marina a helipad, 5 boat slots and its own lounge facility.
In 2003 a construction with similar theme - the "Titanic Hotel", opened in Turkey.
The South Korean Sun Cruise Resort & Yacht complex in Jeongdongjin is the first in the world on-land themed cruise resort. The "cruise ship hotel" provides everything a real ship can offer, except the seasickness risk. Thankfully, this boat doesn't rock - at least the owners assure so. But better be careful round the bow because the only thing which separates guests from the below cliffs is a short railing - beware if you suffer from vertigo.