Due to Canada's current travel restrictions, Lindblad Expeditions announced a revised itinerary for the October 2021 "British Columbia and San Juan Islands" voyage that will now provide passengers an American wildness experience in the Salish Sea.
Lindblad's “Exploring the Pacific Northwest: The Jewels of The Salish Sea” is expected to discover the majesty of the Pacific Northwest on an exploration of the San Juan Islands Washington, Puget Sound, and more aboard the 100-passenger ship National Geographic Venture.
Passengers will explore isolated islets and bays by kayak, hike meadows and green forest trails, as well as gain an unmatched vantage point on the region.
The 7-night expedition is roundtrip from Seattle WA USA, with additional highlights including:
- Breathtaking views and hikes in Olympic National Park, a World Heritage Site. Guests can explore Hurricane Ridge and Marymere Falls.
- Zoom in on the world of photogenic fungi on anexpert-led foraging experience.
- Enjoy local wine and beer throughout the trip, and a farm-to-table dinner.
- Visit the pene-exclave of Point Roberts WA, an area that has been cut off from the rest of the world as a result of politics and the COVID crisis
- Gain a new perspective on marine life through the camera lens of Lindblad's undersea specialist.
Passengers can choose from 3 departures: October 2, 9 & 16, 2021. Rates begin at USD 5290 per person based with double occupancy (category 1 cabins). Lindblad is also offering a USD 500 air credit per person (on all departures) and waiving the solo premium on the October 16 voyage.