Review of Hjaltland ferry deck 6 (Lobby-Dining-Lounge)
- The fore-located Longship Bar Lounge is the ship's main entertainment venue.
- Midship Bar offers live music performances.
- Onboard shopping options include several retail shops (boutiques and Mini Market) selling at discount prices alcohol (spirits, wines), tobaccos, premium-brand perfumes and cosmetics, designer jewelry, fashion clothing and accessories, footwear, designer watches, handbags, sunglasses, personal hygiene products, travel essentials, confectionery, snacks, toys, books, magazines, comics, electronics and gadgets, special occasion gifts and souvenirs.
- Reserved Seating Lounge is fitted with comfortable Pullman seats / Sleeping Pods (fully-reclining armchairs) and large TVs.
- Lobby area with Reception Desk
- Cinema (indoor theater)
- Gane Zone / Video Games Room is fitted with arcade machines, Xbox game consoles, football table.
- Children's Room (Viking's Den) is a kids-dedicated indoor playground equipped with a large TV (for watching cartoons), craft tables with chairs, toys, games. Supervised activities are provided complimentary.
- Viewing Deck (aft)
- The Feast restaurant (main dining room with floor-ceiling windows) is open all day, serves breakfast and dinner and also offers a special kids menu with meals in ferryboat-shaped boxes. All-inclusive breakfast for children is offered at GBP 5, Continental Breakfast for children costs GBP 3,50. Up to two children (aged under 16) receive free breakfast with every adult breakfast purchased.
- Magnus Lounge is the ship's Snack Bar (Cafeteria / Patisserie) that is open year-round and sells sandwiches, cakes, pastries, fruit salads, yogurts, ice cream, hot/cold beverages. Magnus Lounge is open between 6-9 am (Aberdeen) and 6:30-9 am (Lerwick). The lounge is at surcharge per person. Entry fees are for adults and children 5-15 yo (infants 0-4 yo enter for free). The entry price includes complimentary continental breakfast on port arrival (Aberdeen or Lerwick). Here are offered complimentary beverages (tea, coffee, soft drinks), light snacks and 2 (pp) vouchers for beer or wine (by the glass). The lounge complimentary provides daily papers and magazines, power charge sockets (for mobile devices). Dinner service (meals cost extra) is also offered. Magnus Lounge closes at 1:30 am.
The cruise ship has public restrooms and showers, disabled toilets and showers, baby changing rooms. Common showers (midship on Deck 6) are unisex and accessed via shower tokens (cost GBP 3, towel costs GBP 2). Tokens can be purchased at ship's Reception, Shop and bars. Towels can be hired at The Reception and the Shop (GBP 5 returnable deposit). MV Hjaltland has all 4 public showers - 1 family (midship Deck 6) and 3 combo (shower/WC) forward-starboard (between Sleeping Pod Lounge and Longship Bar). One of these 3 showers is for Sleeping Pod passengers only.