Review of Professor Molchanov deck 3 (Main-Dining-Cabins)
On Deck 3 are located both restaurants (dining rooms), the Galley (kitchen) and passenger cabins. The restaurants are buffet-style dining rooms with table service. The dining room doubles as a meeting room.
Aft are stored Zodiacs (RIBs/motorized rigid inflatable boats) used for passenger transportation on shore excursions (tendering, landings, shoreside cruising).
For cruise passengers, the ship has 1x suite (Amundsen Suite, room 513 on Deck 5), 2x Superior cabins (rooms 510-517), 12x double cabins with en-suite bathrooms (411, 413, 415, 418, 420, 421, 425, 426, 505, 509, 518, 521), 9x double cabins with shared bathrooms (311, 314, 315, 321, 322, 326, 327, 331, 332), 2x Triple cabins with common baths (312-313) plus 3 staff cabins (309-310-337, for tour guides / expedition staff).
- Amundsen Suite is sized 270 ft2 (25 m2) and has en-suite bathroom (WC-shower-washbasin), double bed, sofabed, TV, refrigerator, writing desk with chair, bookshelf, lounge area (low table, chairs), wardrobe, 5 windows.
- Superior Cabins are sized 190-225 ft2 (18-21 m2) and have en-suite bathroom (WC-shower-washbasin), double bed, sofabed, refrigerator, writing desk with chair, drawers, bookshelf, lounge area (low table, chairs), wardrobes, 2 windows.
- Twin Cabins with Private Facilities are sized 100-125 ft2 (9-12 m2) and have en-suite bathroom (WC-shower-washbasin), 1 lower bed, 1 upper berth, sofa, drawers, refrigerator, writing desk with chair, bookshelf, 2 wardrobes, 1 window/porthole.
- Twin Cabins with Shared Toilets are sized 105-125 ft2 (9-12 m2) and have 2 lower berths, sofa, writing desk with chair, bookshelf, cabinets, 2 wardrobes, 1 window/porthole.
- Triple Cabins with Shared Toilets are sized 110-120 ft2 (10-11 m2) and have 2 lower beds, 1 upper bed, sofa, writing desk with chair, bookshelf, cabinets, 2 wardrobes, 1 window/porthole.
All passenger cabins are cleaned daily. Towels are changed only upon request. Bedsheets are changed every 3rd day. Room service (food or drink) is not available. Laundry service is provided at an additional cost (per item) by the cabin staff via forms and bags (available in each cabin). Laundry collection is in the morning. Ironing services are also available at extra charge. The ship has no self-serve laundry room and dry-cleaning.
Electrical outlets (power sockets) are European standard Plug Type C (2 round pins). The windows in all cruise cabins (square window and portholes) are opening. Cabin's temperature control is adjustable (regulates the flow of warm air from a vent). In the cabins and throughout the ship, the average temperature is 21-24 C (70-75 F).