Apart from popular shows of the cruise line, such as “Wer wird Millionär” (Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?), “The Voice of the Ocean,” and “AIDA Stars,” vacationers benefit from new entertainment formats which are exclusively available onboard AIDAnova.
The heart of the ship, its Theatrium, is great to enjoy entertainment as well as relax during the day. However, in the evenings it's the spot for shows on the 360-degree stage, with technical highlights like 11 LED walls, 7 laser shows and LED Tube inclusive of “artistes’ elevator.”
Some of the shows premiered aboard AIDAnova include:
- AIDA LOVE is aan dventure-packed show for all ages celebrating birthdays, weddings, honeymoons. The audience members may become part of the show through a special show app.
- Avona Dia is for all the family with highly imaginative choreography created by Cirque du Soleil star Benjamin Pring, and Aleksei Uvarov.
- Nashville – Just Good Music: It rocks! is a live concert of the greatest hits of American rock.
- Show me! YELLO! combines electro-pop and video art of popular music duo YELLO with pyrotechnical display of acrobatics, dance and extravagant scenery.
- Steampunk Circus takes its audience on a voyage into a magical world somewhere between the future and the past, with special effects, original costumes, and music created specially by composer Stefan Richter.
With Studio X the AIDAnova ship has the first TV studio at sea featuring its own station: “Prime Time One.” Passengers can observe live how line's TV shows are produced and experience new AIDA TV formats like the popular guessing show for children “1, 2 or 3.”
For families and kids, “The Pyramid Kids” provide entertainment with new game & quiz formats. The modern version of hangman, “Keep Your Light On”, is played in teams in LED suit. At Kids & Teens Workshops there are interactive games, and children get a chance to create video clips of their own.
The Mystery Room welcomes players to go on a treasure hunt for the Holy Grail. In the Rock Box they get “an earful” of music: with a mix of favorites, or unplugged and live.
Travelers can also take a mysterious elevator to ship's Time Machine Restaurant, which is the realm of Professor Tempus who welcomes his dinner guests to a 3-course meal, and takes them on a voyage through time to distant worlds.
The highlight for the whole family is The Four Elements. While some try the ropes course and whiz down the 3-deck-high water slides, others enjoy a taste of Caribbean, lounging in the Beach Club situated next door. In the evening the club is transformed into a night spot with DJ entertainment and live music.
The Cube dance club and the Casino also offer night-time entertainment.