RCI-Royal Caribbean made a change to The Key (company's pay for perk program) that was rolled out earlier in 2019.
One of the exclusive experiences which came with purchasing it was lunch in the ship's steakhouse (Chops Grille) on embarkation day. However, the welcome specialty lunch was moved to the Main Dining Room (MDR). Passengers who purchase The Key will be still able to dine from the Chops Grille's menu on embarkation day - but in the MDR.
The Key program varies in price based on itinerary/destination. For a daily fee, passengers receive the following perks:
- Priority check-in and boarding
- Onboard carry-on luggage service with a drop off at the main theater as well as delivery to the stateroom
- Exclusive welcome lunch at the MDR, featuring the Chops Grille Menu on embarkation day
- Private hours at activities including Rock Climbing Wall, FlowRider, and more
- Access to the VIP seating section at shows
- VOOM Surf & Stream Internet service for 1 device per person
- Priority departure from the cruise ship to shore at ports of call
- A la carte breakfast and choice departure on debarkation day.
The Key experience is offered on all RCI ships excepting Majesty OTS, Quantum OTS and Voyager OTS. Prices start from US$24.99 per person per day. The Key program can be purchased via CruisePlanner before the voyage.
Priority check-in and boarding are not offered in Vancouver BC Canada and at Australian homeports.