One of the world's largest river cruise companies, Avalon Waterways announced an exclusive series of customizable "Active & Discovery" voyages growing by 19% in 2021 with a new cruisetour itinerary and more departure dates.
Travellers can choose from a selection of "Classic",’"Active" and "Discovery" excursions, an average of 23 of them providing passengers opportunities to customize their vacations.
In addition to Avalon's popular itineraries on Danube, Rhine and Rhone rivers, in 2021, the company adds a new "Active and Discovery in Holland and Belgium" voyage. The 8-day cruisetour offers as shore excursions:
- Guided walking tour through the canals of Middelburg Germany
- Guided canal cruise through Amsterdam Holland
- Central Grote Markt tour in Antwerp Belgium
- Guided mountain bike tour of Ghent Belgium
- Hike through the Sonian Forest close to Brussels Belgium
- Architectural bike tour through Rotterdam Holland
- The Dutch countryside by bike, near Amsterdam
- Guided visit of a family-owned, Netherlands oyster farm
- Guided tour of Graffiti Street in Ghent
- Belgian chocolate-making workshop
- Delft tile pottery workshop in Rotterdam
All cruise itineraries are priced from USD 2350 and are operated by Avalon Waterways "Suite Ships" providing guests 2 full decks of 200-ft2 and Panorama Suites with the industry’s only Twin Balconies (Open-Air Balcony combined with a French Balcony).