Emerald Cruises (Emerald Waterways' parent brand) announced an array of river and yacht journeys for the December holidays that offer something for every type of traveller:
- The Christmas Connoisseur: A river voyage calling on some of the most enchanting European Christmas Markets. Emerald Waterways’ 2021-2022 Christmas Markets sailings range from 5 to 15 days with sailings along the Danube, Rhine, and Rhone rivers.
- The Adventurer: A Mekong River sailing in Southeast Asia through Cambodia and Vietnam in December allows for the opportunity to explore ancient culture. The largest celebrations are happening in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), where Christmas is a major holiday. Passengers may even see multiple Santas on scooters. Land packages and sailings of 13-21 days are available for the 2021-2022 seasons.
- The Bucket Lister: An 8-day holiday voyage to the Holy Land on Emerald Cruises’ soon-to-launch superyacht, Emerald Azzurra, offers the chance to visit Port Said (Cairo), Egypt, and see the Great Pyramids of Giza as well as to enjoy a day cruise along the Nile before spending 2 days in Haifa (Tel Aviv) Israel and visiting Nazareth and the Sea of Galilee. The highlight of the trip is the 2 days in Ashdod (Jerusalem) from where, travellers can choose from excursions to Bethlehem, Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, and the Dead Sea.
Emerald Cruises offers a free, Emerald Extended Drink Package with any 2021-2022 Christmastime European river/yacht cruise booked by December 24, 2020. The Package carries a value of US$128 per person per week and features a selection of wine, soft drinks, and draft beer available throughout the day. For a Southeast Asian river cruise booked by December 24, passengers receive an equivalent onboard credit of US$128 per person, which can be used toward drinks at the bar, spa & salon services, or at the shop onboard.
The free Extended Drinks Package/onboard credit is combinable with the line's current savings offers:
- Savings of up to US$2,500 per couple or up to FREE flights to Europe on European Christmas Market river sailings
- Savings of $2,000 per couple / FREE flights to Southeast Asia on itineraries of 13+ days on Southeast Asia river cruises
- Earlybird pricing of up to 20% off full fares on Emerald Yacht Cruises.
On all these itineraries, passengers save up to an additional 10% off 2022 cruises when paying in full 12 months before departure with Emerald's Super Earlybird promotion.
Bookings come with the flexible booking policy of Emerald that allows passengers to defer travel plans and transfer to alternate departure dates or itineraries up to 60 days before departure with no fees. The complimentary Deposit Protection Plan (US$125 per person on river cruises and US$200 per person on yacht cruises) is an inclusion in all bookings and allows flexibility with travel dates without having to worry about losing deposits. Deposits have additionally been reduced by 50% on all river cruises.
Guests looking for additional flexibility can buy the new Platinum Protection Plan, providing coverage for those who may fall ill or whose travel plans are affected by the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The line's Platinum Protection Plan allows for 100% refund of the fare when enacted up to 31 days before departure, and 70% refund when enacted between 15-30 days prior. The plan can be added to eligible bookings for US$295 per person and to Emerald Azzurra yacht cruises for US$395.
Emerald Azzurra is the first yacht to launch under the newly formed Emerald Yacht Cruises brand. The 100-passenger superyacht will ply the warm waters of the Adriatic, Mediterranean, and Red seas.