AIDAprima deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Each of the AIDAprima cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on AIDAprima staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
ms AIDAprima (built 2016) is a new class vessel, and the first of two newest and largest AIDA cruise ships – together with her sister AIDAperla (2017). The most popular fun fact about the newest AIDA ships is that they are both Japan-made (built by the MHI-Mitsubishi company at its Nagasaki shipyard). The vessel’s construction was delayed by over an year due to design and supply issues. The AIDA Prima ship’s owner is Costa Cruises (Carnival Group’s brand line, under the management of Carnival UK). The ship’s operator is the German cruise line AIDA Kreutzfahrten.
AIDAprima cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1643 cabins for 3286 passengers (max occupancy is 3400 guests) served by 900 crew/staff. The ship has 16 passenger accessible decks (out of 18), with 12 restaurants (total size 5840 m2 / 62860 ft2), 18 bars and lounges, 3 swimming pools (plus 4 small infinity pools), 4 jacuzzies, Water Park with 2 waterslides, 10 elevators, large wellness area (sized 33400 ft2 / 3100 m2), extensive sundeck areas (total size 8050 m2 / 86650 ft2). New feature is the Skywalk – two glass elevators at the stern, each leading to a glass-floor platform located 45 m / 148 ft above sea level. Also new for a Germany-based cruise ship is the ice rink facility. Sized 2150 ft2 (200 m2), the ice rink is located on Deck 16 and operated only during winter months..
- Complimentary dining options (included in AIDAprima cruise prices) are: Markt, East, Bella Donna, Fuego, Scharfe Ecke, Weite Welt.
- Additional charge restaurants are Rossini, Buffalo, Sushi Bar, Brauhaus, French Kiss, Cooking Studio.
- On the AIDAprima ship, drinks are included in the buffet restaurants (Markt, East, Bella Donna, Fuego, Weite Welt, all with complimentary soft drinks, plus wine and beer for lunch and dinner), and also at the French Kiss and Scharfe Ecke.
- AIDAprima was the line's first cruise ship serving the premium Starbucks drinks onboard. Since mid-January 2017, passengers can purchase onboard Starbucks products (specialty coffees/teas, 26 different menu items, 3 different sizes - Espresso, Tall, Grande). The new offer is result of the company's partnership "We Proudly Serve Starbucks" and was gradually introduced to other AIDA ships over the 2017.
Cruise ship Pepper robots
An innovative AIDA and Costa Cruises program implemented latest cyborg technology fleetwide. Humanoid robots greet and guide passengers upon embarkation. They also assist them throughout the cruise by providing information and tips on dining (restaurants, bars), entertainment (lounges, scheduled events, presentations, promotions) and Costa Cruises shore excursions and tours (offered in ports of call along the cruise ship itinerary).
These robots (named “Pepper”) are able to communicate in 3 different languages (English, German, Italian), to move fluidly and even to interpret human emotions by analyzing voice tones and face expressions.
Designed by the companies ALDEBARAN and SoftBank, the Pepper robot was launched in Japan (June 2014) as the world’s first “emotional” robot. The machine's main statistics are:
- height 120 cm / 4 ft
- weight 28 kg / 62 pounds
- 3x wheels (omnidirectional)
- 17x joints
- 1x 3D depth sensor
- 2x HD cameras
- 4x microphones
- touch sensors (in its head and hands)
- a 10-inch (25 cm) touch screen
The new technology was first tested on the AIDAstella ship where Pepper learned to engage with passengers and crew. The first set of robots were introduced on Costa Diadema and AIDAprima in April 2016. By the end of summer 2016, Pepper robots were added on all AIDA and Costa ships.
AIDAprima deck plans are property of AIDA Cruises. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.