Crystal Serenity deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Crystal Serenity deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Crystal Cruises deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Crystal Serenity cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Crystal Serenity staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Crystal Serenity (built 2003, last refurbished in 2018) is the second (newer) of the two Crystal Ocean cruise ships – together with Crystal Symphony. The other (newest) fleetmate is the yacht Crystal Esprit (2015). Not so many cruisers know that the fun fact that Serenity and Symphony ships do have a sister – ms Asuka II (NYK line, Japan). Under the name “Crystal Harmony”, the ship was operated by Crystal Cruises in the period between 1990 and 2005.
Crystal Serenity cruise ship deck plan has a total of 623 staterooms for 1090 passengers (max capacity is 1254 guests), served by 630 crew/staff. The ship has 9 passenger decks, 4 restaurants, 13 lounges and bars, 2 pools (one with retractable glass roof), 2 jacuzzies, 8 elevators, self-service laundromats (cabin decks only).
Crystal Serenity is an all-inclusive luxury cruise ship. The list of the complimentary amenities and services on board features:
- all drinks (alcohol included), gratuities, butler service (all Suites), 24-hour in-room dining (by the main dining room menu), 24-hour room service, self-service laundry, and housekeeping is twice a day.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi Internet – since 2015, free of charge Internet is offered to all guests (regardless cabin category) up to 60 min PP per day. For Penthouse Suites the free Internet offer is for 90 min PP per day.
- All fine dining restaurants on the Serenity ship feature premium linens (by Garnier-Thiebaut), Riedel crystal, and deluxe china (by Villeroy&Boch).
- Each of the four Crystal Penthouses has a separate living and dining area, plus a private gym studio. They are audio-equipped with “Bang&Olufsen” systems, three flat TVs, and the bathroom is with an oceanview.
- All cabins as amenities feature deluxe pillow menu, bedding sets and toiletries, Egyptian cotton towels, slippers, kimonos, plush robes.
Crystal Serenity deck plan changes 2018 refurbishment review
The list of deck plan changes after the November 2013 drydock refurbishment includes:
- general maintenance work, including propulsion upgrade (left-side Rolls-Royce Azimuth thruster replacement), new hull coating, air ducts cleaning, reverse osmosis plant inspection.
- introducing of new “Deluxe PURE” category of staterooms (hypoallergenic cabins)
- redesign of the Tastes buffet and the Lido area (deck 12)
- new LED lighting in public rooms.
- The 2013 drydock refurbishment project’s total cost was USD 17 million.
In May 2016, the ship received overhauls of all Penthouse Suites. Also renovated were the Lido Deck's Trident Grill, Lido Cafe, and Tastes restaurant. The 2016 drydock in Cadiz also included general maintenance works.
the ship's 2018 drydock refurbishment (October 14 - November 10, in Cadiz Spain) will reduce its passenger capacity in order to enable single-seating dining. Following the dry-dock, Crystal Serenity will offer to all its passengers free Wi-Fi (regardless of cabin category).
- On deck 9, two new balcony cabin categories will be introduced - Seabreeze Penthouse Suite (12 new suites will be added) and Seabreeze Penthouse (28 new suites will be added). The new staterooms have the same size as the existing Penthouse (365 ft2 / 34 m2) and Penthouse Suite (490 ft2 / 46 m2). Seabreeze Penthouses are connecting cabins (sharing an entryway).
- All Penthouses will offer enhanced all-inclusive amenities, including butler service, in-cabin dining, complimentary specialty restaurants dining).
- These cabin conversions will reduce the ship's capacity from 1254 to 980, thus increasing the guest-to-space ratio to 70,3.
- Crystal Dining Room will be renamed to "Waterside" and will be upgraded with additional 2- and 4-seat tables, new open seating dining (between 6-9:30 pm) will replace the current assigned seating and required dinner reservations. Breakfasts and lunches will be served as usual.
- Lido Cafe will be operated as Marketplace (during the day) and as Churrascaria (steakhouse by night). The restaurant features an open kitchen and made to order dishes. Marketplace serves buffet breakfast and lunch, while Churrascaria, serves casual dinner (between 6-9 pm). The Brazilian-themed Churrascaria restaurant features Caipirinha (welcome cocktail event) and selection of Brazilian dishes (grilled seafood and meats, tapas, ceviche, salads). Meats are served by “gauchos” (dedicated staff) on traditional meat skewers.
- Silk restaurant's menu will be upgraded with modern Chinese fare (family-size dinner plates). Self-service will be available at breakfast and lunch, and will also include traditional Chinese food (dumplings, Chinois salad, soup, noodle bar). Dinners at Silk are open seating (reservations-recommended) and between 6-9 pm.
- Trident Bar & Grill serves casual grilled food (including fast food - burgers, sandwiches).
- Silk Road and The Sushi Bar (both specialty restaurants by celebrity-chef Nobu Matsuhisa) will be renamed to "Umi Uma". They will continue to serve Nobu-inspired dishes prepared by Nobu-trained chefs.
- Umi Uma and Prego restaurants dining reservations will be complimentary for Penthouse passengers. All other cabin categories are offered 1 complimentary specialty dining (additional reservations are available at surcharge).
- The new free of charge shipwide Wi-Fi is result of the company's investment in new hardware and software for expanded internet connectivity and faster (doubled) satellite Internet speed.
- Crystal Connect is the ship's new onboard portal for internet connections and various shipboard info (menus, news, scheduled activities, shore excursions, itinerary ports, international digital news media, movies library, lectures, etc). The Crystal Connect mobile app will be available for personal devices.
- All cruise cabins will be upgraded with new 42-inch TVs with interactive panels (infotainment system).
- The ship's Computer University@Sea (enrichment workshops) will be updated and redesigned.
- Among the redesigned public spaces is the fore-located Palm Court lounge (more intimate seating).
Crystal Serenity deck plans are property of Crystal Cruises. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.