Asuka 2 deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Asuka 2 deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2022-2023-2024 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by NYK Cruises Japan (Small Cruise Lines) deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Asuka 2 cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Asuka 2 staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
MS Asuka II cruise ship was built in 1990 (last refurbished in 2020 January) and operated by NYK Cruises - brand and subsidiary of NYK Line (Yusen Cruise Co Ltd). Asuka 2 is currently the largest Japan-flagged cruise vessel, with 480 staterooms and capacity 872 passengers (max 960) plus 545 crew.
Asuka II deckplan changes 2020 refurbishment review
In 2020 (January-February), the liner is scheduled to enter drydock in Singapore for a 45-day long refit and refurbishment project at Sembcorp Marine Admiralty Yard (shipyard owned by Sembcorp Marine Ltd).
During the drydock refurb, the vessel will receive the following new/upgraded facilities and amenities:
- All staterooms will be extensively renovated and redesigned by adding the traditional for Japan tatami-mat (flooring material) sleeping area. All cabin TVs will be upgraded to smart TVs with the infotainment system (Internet and on-demand movies).
- The new reading lounge will provide a quiet space for relaxation, an extensive book selection, WIFi and Internet (for smart devices), PC stations.
- Some of the ship's restaurants will be refurbished.
- In Lobby Deck's entrance hall will be mounted a large HD LED display.
- Wi-Fi coverage will be upgraded to shipwide - accessible in all staterooms and public areas, excepting only a few quiet zones).
- A large outdoor Jacuzzi (whirlpool bath) will be installed on Sun Deck.
Technical enhancements during the drydock include installing a scrubber system (gas scrubber) - an air pollution-controlling system that removes particulates and some green gases (SOx and NOx) from ship's exhaust streams.
Asuka 2 deck plans are property of NYK Cruises Japan (Small Cruise Lines). All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.