Crystal Serenity deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Crystal Serenity deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2023-2024-2025 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Crystal Cruises deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Crystal Serenity cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Crystal Serenity staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Crystal Serenity (2003-built, last refurbished in 2023) is the second/newer of the two Crystal Cruises ships - together with Crystal Symphony. Both Crystal ships Serenity and Symphony are also sisterships to Asuka II (owned by the container shipping company NYK Line, Japan). Under the name “Crystal Harmony”, the vessel was operated by Crystal Cruises in the period 1990-2005.
Crystal Serenity cruise ship deck plan shows a total of 347 staterooms for 740 passengers (max capacity 794 guests), served by 655 crew/staff. The boat has 13 decks (9 passenger-accessible, 5 with cabins), 4 restaurants, 13 lounges and bars, 2 swimming pools (one with retractable glass roof), 2 outdoor Jacuzzies (whirlpool hot tubs), 8 elevators, self-service laundromats (cabin decks only).
Passenger-accessible decks are interconnected via 8x elevators (3x forward, 3x midship, 2x aft) and have public restrooms. Deck 14 is accessed only via the forward and aft lifts.
The list of the complimentary amenities and services onboard features:
- all drinks (alcohol included), gratuities, butler service (all Suites), 24-hour in-room dining (by the main dining room menu), 24-hour room service, self-service laundry, and housekeeping is twice a day.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi Internet – since 2015, free-of-charge Internet is offered to all guests (regardless of cabin category) up to 60 min PP per day. For Penthouse Suites the free Internet offer is for 90 min PP per day.
- All fine dining restaurants on the Serenity ship feature premium linens (by Garnier-Thiebaut), Riedel crystal, and deluxe china (by Villeroy&Boch).
- Each of the four Crystal Penthouses has a separate living and dining area, plus a private gym studio. They are audio-equipped with “Bang&Olufsen” systems, three HDTVs, and the bathroom is with an ocean view.
- All cabins as amenities feature a deluxe pillow menu, bedding sets, and toiletries, Egyptian cotton towels, slippers, kimonos, plush robes.
Crystal Serenity deck plan changes 2018 refurbishment review
The ship's 2018 drydock refurbishment (October 18 - November 6, done at Lloyd Werft shipyard in Bremerhaven Germany) reduced its passenger capacity in order to enable single-seating dining. Following the dry-dock, Crystal Serenity offers to all its passengers free Wi-Fi (regardless of cabin category).
- On deck 9, two new balcony cabin categories were introduced - Seabreeze Penthouse Suite (12 new suites added) and Seabreeze Penthouse (28 new suites added). The new staterooms have the same size as the existing Penthouse (365 ft2 / 34 m2) and Penthouse Suite (490 ft2 / 46 m2). Seabreeze Penthouses are connecting cabins (sharing an entryway).
- All Penthouses offer enhanced all-inclusive amenities, including butler service, in-cabin dining, complimentary specialty restaurant dining).
- Cabin conversions reduced the ship's capacity from 1254 to 980, thus increasing the guest-to-space ratio to 70,3.
- Crystal Dining Room was renamed "Waterside" and upgraded with additional 2- and 4-seat tables. New open-seating dining (between 6-9:30 pm) replaced the old assigned seating and required dinner reservations. Breakfasts and lunches are served as usual.
- Lido Cafe operates as Marketplace (during the day) and as Churrascaria (steakhouse, by night). The restaurant features an open kitchen and made-to-order dishes. the Marketplace serves buffet breakfast and lunch, while Churrascaria serves casual dinner (between 6-9 pm). The Brazilian-themed Churrascaria restaurant features Caipirinha (welcome cocktail event) and a selection of Brazilian dishes (grilled seafood and meats, tapas, ceviche, salads). Meats are served by “gauchos” (dedicated staff) on traditional meat skewers.
- Silk restaurant's menu was upgraded with modern Chinese fare (family-size dinner plates). Self-service is available at breakfast and lunch, and also includes traditional Chinese food (dumplings, Chinois salad, soup, noodle bar). Dinners at Silk are open-seating (reservations recommended) and between 6-9 pm.
- Trident Bar and Grill serves casual grilled food (including fast food - burgers, sandwiches).
- Silk Road and The Sushi Bar (both specialty restaurants by celebrity-chef Nobu Matsuhisa) were renamed "Umi Uma". Umi Uma offers Nobu-inspired dishes prepared by Nobu-trained chefs.
- Umi Uma and Prego restaurants reservations are complimentary for Penthouse passengers. To all other cabin categories, 1 complimentary specialty dining is offered (additional reservations are available at a surcharge).
- The new free-of-charge Wi-Fi is shipwide and the result of the company's investment in new hardware and software for expanded onboard connectivity and faster (doubled) satellite Internet speed.
- Crystal Connect is the onboard portal for internet connections and various shipboard info (menus, news, scheduled activities, shore excursions, itinerary ports, international digital news media, movies library, lectures, etc). Crystal Connect (mobile app) is available for personal devices.
- All cruise cabins were upgraded with new 42-inch smart HDTVs with interactive panels (infotainment system).
- Ship's Computer University at Sea (enrichment workshops) were updated and redesigned.
- Among the redesigned public spaces is the fore-located Palm Court lounge (more intimate seating).
- Along with all Lloyd Werft workers, the refurbishment project also involved several hundred crew and sub-contractors.
In May 2016, the ship received overhauls of all Penthouse Suites. Also renovated were the Lido Deck's Trident Grill, Lido Cafe, and Tastes restaurant. The 2016 drydock in Cadiz also included general maintenance works.
Crystal Serenity deck plan changes 2013 refurbishment review
The list of deck plan changes after the November 2013 drydock refurbishment includes:
- general maintenance work, including propulsion upgrade (left-side Rolls-Royce Azimuth thruster replacement), new hull coating, air ducts cleaning, reverse osmosis plant inspection.
- introducing of new “Deluxe PURE” category of staterooms (hypoallergenic cabins)
- redesign of the Tastes buffet and the Lido area (deck 12)
- new LED lighting in public rooms.
The 2013 drydock refurbishment project’s total cost was USD 17 million.
Crystal Serenity deck plans are property of Crystal Cruises. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.