Cernavoda is a Danube River cruise port in Romania. The town is located in the Constanta County, Northern Dobruja. It has population of around 21,000 and covers a total area of 46,7 km2 (18 ml2).
The town's name is derived from Bulgarian - "cerna voda" (in Cyrillic, "черна вода"), which means "black water". Some scholars consider the name as a calque (loan translation) of an earlier Thracian name - Axiopa ("dark water").
The town houses the Cernavoda Nuclear Power Plant, which consists of a pair of CANDU reactors that provide about 18% of the electrical power output of Romania. The 2nd reactor was constructed via a joint venture between Italy's ANSALDO and Canada's Atomic Energy of Canada Ltd. It became fully operational in the end of 2007.
- Danube-Black Sea Canal, which opened in 1984, runs from Cernavoda to Agigea and Navodari. The outskirts of Cernavoda host a wealth of vineyards producing Chardonnay wine. Murfatlar is the biggest winery in the area.
- Cernavoda was established by the ancient Greeks in the 4th century BC under the name Axiopolis as a trading post for relations with local Dacians.
- Constanta - Cernavoda railroad was opened by the Ottoman administration in 1860.
- The town gives its name to late copper age Cernavoda archaeological culture, ca.4000-3200 BC.
- At 2011 census, Cernavoda had 14970 Romanians (93%), 463 Turks (3%), 374 Roma (2.3%), 106 Lipovans (0.7%), 40 Tatars (0.25%), 15 Hungarians (0.1%) and 162 others.
Port Cernavoda cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Cernavoda, Romania. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|15 July, 2018|
|21 July, 2018|
|22 July, 2018|
The Cernavoda cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Cernavoda, Romania.
If you lose the Cernavoda location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.