Lampi Island (Sullivan's Island), also called Lambi Island and Lanbi Kyun, is a thickly wooded island located in Mergui Archipelago, Burma. The island covers a total area of approx 188 km2 (73 ml2), making it one of the largest of the group.
- After the Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami in 2004 there were a total of 200 Moken people dead on the small Lampi Island. There were also reports (not confirmed) of the presence of Sumatran rhinoceros on the isle, which was widely discredited.
- Lampi Island Marine National Park has a total area of approx 205 km2 (79 ml2). It was designated in 1996 as a demarcated marine national park.
- Lampi Island Marine National Park is governed by Burma Nature & Wildlife Conservation Division. The level of protection is total. Altitudes within the territory of the park range from sea level up to 455 m (1493 ft).
- The main purposes of the reserve include habitat conservation of both island and marine resources. A total of 228 birds' species, of which 19 threatened like Wallace's hawk-eagle and plain-pouched hornbill, 10 species of amphibians, 19 species reptile with three species of endangered sea turtles, 19 species of mammals (of which sunda pangolin) are present.
- Typical habitats of Lampi Island Marine National Park are coral reefs, mangroves and tropical evergreen forest. There are also dune and beach habitats, as well as sea grass beds that feed the dugongs. Dolphins and whales are migrant to Lampi Island waters.
Highlights: National Park, Pulau Nala, wildlife
Lampi Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Lampi Island dock (anchor) at
Lampi Island tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
Lampi Island Marine National Park
Kyunn Tann Shey
The Lampi Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Lampi Island, Myanmar.
If you lose the Lampi Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Lampi Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Lampi Island, Myanmar. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
7 December, 2017
13 December, 2017