Lovina Beach (often simply called Lovina) is a coastal area located on the northwestern side of Bali, Indonesia. Lovina Beach coastal strip stretches from 5 km (3 ml) west of Singaraja city (seat of Buleleng Regency) to 15 km (9,3 ml) west.
- The area of Lovina contains small villages including Anturan, Banyualit, Kaliasem, Kalibukbuk, Pemaron, Temukus and Tukad Mungga. It is becoming more famous with tourists but remains quieter than tourist hotspots found on the south side of the island.
- ‘Lovina’ does not sound Balinese, as there is no ‘v’ in the local alphabet. This was the name of the first resort in the region that had only 3 guestrooms. Its founder, Buleleng noble and Balinese author, Anak Agung Panji Tisna (1908-1978), created the pioneering resort in 1953. It still operates under a new name, as Lovina Beach Hotel. ‘Lovina’ was the play on the words, ‘love’ and ‘Indonesia’. This name outgrew the establishment and later applied to the whole coastline.
- Popular activities for tourists in Lovina Beach include snorkeling, diving, and early-morning boat trips to see dolphins. These dolphin trips usually last about 2 hours, and generally cost between 60,000-250,000 Indonesian rupiah (around US$5-$20).
- Above all else, Lovina Beach is an area in which to take in a very slow pace of life. The site is ideal for family groups or older adventurers who wish to kick back and become part of the community. Lovina gets a little crowded in July and August, but outside the peak season, it is a quiet part of the isle.
- Lovina Beach also features a large number of tourist stalls limited to the area between the main restaurant road and the dolphin statue. Open air bars offer live music in which patrons may participate and it is not unusual to see locals jamming with foreigners. There is also a nightly beach volleyball in the car park in front of the main bars.
Port Lovina Beach cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Lovina Beach, Bali, Indonesia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ship||Arrival||Departure||Next Port of Call|
|17 May, 2018|
|Star Clipper||Gili Trawangan Island, Lombok, Indonesia|
|30 May, 2018|
|Star Clipper||Senggigi, Mataram, Lombok, Indonesia|
The Lovina Beach cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Lovina Beach, Bali, Indonesia.
If you lose the Lovina Beach location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.