Porbandar is a port city located in the Indian state of Gujarat, as well as the administrative center of Porbandar District. The city has a population of around 217,300 people (2011 census).
- Porbandar is best known for being the birthplace of Sudama (friend of Lord Krishna) and Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948). Porbandar is an ancient port city today having an all-weather port, featuring direct berthing facilities for up to 50,000 DWT vessels.
- As the birthplace of one of the world's most famous leaders, Porbandar features a significant tourism-led economy and infrastructure. The area around the home of Mahatma Gandhi has been renovated in order to become a temple of peace.
- The beach of Porbandar is locally known as "Chowpati". It has a long and sandy expanse along the ocean. Building activities to manage facilities on Chowpati Beach and provide attractions started in around 2003 and today it has been furnished with seating arrangements for visitors and commuters. There is also a skating rink for kids. Chowpati ground has been used for the annual festival Janamastmi Fair. The site is well equipped with a range of hotels and a circuit house located nearby.
- Fishery provides a lot of employment to Porbandar city and neighboring districts. The city of Porbandar is also among the last few coasts remaining where threatened marine mammal dugong is found. Officials are working out for mammal's conservation policies.
- One of the major tourist attractions in Porbandar is Kirti Mandir, temple and memorial of MK Gandhi, originally constructed by Maharaja Sayaji Rao III (1936 AD), and the near by Rana bapu’s Mahal (Mahatma Gandhi's birthplace).
- Bharat Mandir is a permanent exhibition of history, geometry and culture about India. It was founded by Shri Nanjibhai Kalidas Mehta). Tara Mandir is one of the oldest planetariums in India.
Port Porbandar cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Porbandar, India. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
The Porbandar cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Porbandar, India.
If you lose the Porbandar location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.