Porquerolles, also known as Ile de Porquerolles, is an island located in Iles d'Hyeres, Var, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France. The island covers a total area of approx 12,54 km2 (4,84 ml2) and has a population of around 200 people (2004 census).
- Porquerolles is the most westerly and largest of the three Iles d'Hyeres. It is about 7 km (4,3 ml) long by 3 km (1,9 ml) wide, with 5 small ranges of hills. Porquerolles' south coast is lined with high cliffs, and on the north there are the port and Notre Dame beaches, Plage d'Argent and La Courtade.
- The island's village was founded in 1820, with the lighthouse built in 1837 and the church in 1850. In 1912 the entire Porquerolles Island was purchased by François Joseph Fournier as a wedding present for his wife. Fournier planted 200 ha (500 acres) of vineyards that produced wine which was among the first classified as "vin des Côtes de Provence".
- The state purchased 80% of the island in 1971 to preserve it from development. Today much of the island is part of a national park (Port-Cros Parc National) as well as nature conservation area (Conservatoire botanique national mediterraneen de Porquerolles).
- Porquerolles Island is the setting for the novel Mon Ami Maigret (My Friend Maigret) by Georges Simenon, written in 1949, and the novel Valparaiso by Nicolas Freeling (1964).
- Since 2010, Porquerolles hosts the popular jazz festival "Jazz à Porquerolles" each summer.
Porquerolles Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Porquerolles Island dock (anchor) at Porquerolles - port town on the northern coast.
The Porquerolles Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Porquerolles Island, Hyeres, France.
If you lose the Porquerolles Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Porquerolles Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Porquerolles Island, Hyeres, France. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
18 May, 2017