Portsmouth (Saint John Parish) is a port town located on Indian River, Dominica on the island's northwest coast. The town has a population of around 3,000 people.
- Portsmouth is Dominica's 2nd largest town (after Roseau). Cabrits National Park is on a peninsula to the north. Portsmouth's port is located in Prince Rupert Bay.
- The town was initially the Dominica's capital, but after its population decreased due to a malaria outbreak in 1760 the capital was moved to Roseau.
- Near Portsmouth (in Picard) is located the Ross University School of Medicine, with over 1000 students mainly from Canada and the USA.
- There is a farmer's food market running in Portsmouth every Tuesday, Friday and Saturday.
- Another signature attraction is the Benjamin's Park hosting world-class cricket games.
- The area is the birthplace of Gordon Henderson of Exile One (cadence musical group of the 1970s), and local politician Roosevelt Douglas (1941-2000).
- The area has future plans for tourism development and employment in general. The Government of Japan is funding and building a fish processing plant in the town of Portsmouth.
Portsmouth cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Portsmouth Dominica dock (anchor) in Prince Rupert Bay. Passengers are transported via the ship's tender boats.
The Portsmouth cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Portsmouth, Dominica.
If you lose the Portsmouth location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Portsmouth cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Portsmouth, Dominica. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
18 December, 2017