Pulau Rinca Island (also known as Rinca, Rincah and Rindja), is a small island located close to Flores island and Komodo Island, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia, within West Manggarai Regency. The island covers a total area of approx 198 km2 (76 ml2).
- Pulau Rinca Island is one of the 3 largest islands part of Komodo National Park. It is famous for Komodo dragons, huge lizards which measure up to 3 m (9.8 ft) long. Rinca is populated with many other species including buffalos, wild pigs and many birds.
- Being less popular and less visited than Komodo Island, it is a good spot to see the giant Komodo dragon in natural environment with few people to disturb them. Day tours are arranged out of Labuan Bajo by small boat at park's headquarters.
- Living conditions for locals are often hard. Education facilities are quite limited for kids and several non-government organisations aid with the provision of books. Local people also take care to avoid Komodo dragons as Komodos in the region occasionally attack and kill people.
- Komodo and Rinca bracket a north-south passage located between Flores Sea and the Indian Ocean. Because of the narrow gap and large bodies of water, the waters between Komodo and Rinca are subject to whirlpools and strong currents exceeding 10 knots.
- In June 2008, a group of 5 scuba divers (3 British, 1 French and 1 Swedish) were discovered on the Southern coast of Pulau Rinca Island after having been missing for two days. They had drifted 32 km (20 ml) from where their boat abandoned them. The group survived on oysters and shellfish.
Highlights: Komodo Dragons
Pulau Rinca Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Pulau Rinca Island dock (anchor) at xxx.
The Pulau Rinca Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Pulau Rinca Island, Indonesia.
If you lose the Pulau Rinca Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Pulau Rinca Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Pulau Rinca Island, Indonesia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
2 October, 2017