Talan is a small round island, located 11 km (6,8 ml) to the north of Spafaryev Islands' northern tip. Talan Island is 2 km (1,2 ml) across.
- The Spafaryev Islands (aka Spafaryev Island, Ostrov Spafar’yeva), is a relatively large double island, located in Sea of Okhotsk. It lies 7 km (4,35 ml) east of Antamlan Peninsula (also popular as Khmitevsky), which is the southernmost peninsula that encloses Taui Bay (Tauyskaya Guba) from its western side.
- Administratively the islands belong to Magadan Oblast, Russian Federation.
- Spafaryev Islands were named to honour Major General knight Leontiy Spafaryev (1765–1847) of Imperial Russian Navy. He was Director of Russian Lighthouse Administration as well as cartographer of Russian Admiralty.
- Between 1853-1861 Spafaryev were frequently visited by American whaleships hunting for bowhead whales. Spafaryev Island was called Fog Island, while Talan Island was called Green Island. Boats were sent ashore to search for whales.
- Spafaryev Islands are composed of a couple of islands joined via a narrow landspit, that is less than 750 m (2,460 ft) wide.
- The northern "island", Ostrov Ryabokon (Ryabokon Island), is roughly triangular. It is the larger one, being 9 km (5,6 ml) long and having a maximum width of 5 km (3,1 ml).
- Spafaryev Island proper lies at the southern end and is roughly shovel-shaped. It is 7 km (4,3 ml) long and features a maximum width of 4,5 km (2,8 ml).
- Large colonies of seabirds nest on Talan Island in the spring and summer months, including more than a million crested auklet, several hundred thousand horned and tufted puffin, tens of thousands black-legged kittiwake, as well as thousands of ancient murrelet and parakeet auklet. Common murre nest here and during the summer dovekie congregate on Talan. Steller's sea eagle prey on the seabirds.
Highlights: Rocky cliffs, Birdwatcher’s paradise
Talan Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Talan Island dock (anchor) at xxx.
The Talan Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Talan Island, Russia.
If you lose the Talan Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Talan Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Talan Island, Russia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
7 September, 2017