All Emerald Cruises Christmas and New Year cruise offers listed here are just itineraries and not cruise deals for sale. Vessels are ordered alphabetically. Comparing all the ships in the Emerald Cruises fleet is a most convenient way to select the best for you Holiday voyages as departures (homeports, dates), destinations (regions, visited countries), itineraries (ports of call, arrival dates, port times) and also to compare cruise prices.
CruiseMapper shows cruise prices per person. These are only indicative fares on the ship's lowest category staterooms. All rates are based on double occupancy (twin share) and don't include cruise line or travel agency promotions, group booking rates or any other special offers and discounts.
|2022 Dec 17||Emerald Harmony||7 days, one-way from My Tho to Phnom Penh|
|2022 Dec 17||Emerald Harmony||7 days, one-way from Saigon to Phnom Penh|
|2022 Dec 19||Emerald Azzurra||7 days, round-trip Holy Land at Christmas Time|
|2022 Dec 24||Emerald Harmony||7 days, one-way from Phnom Penh to Saigon|
|2022 Dec 26||Emerald Azzurra||10 days, one-way from Limassol to Aqaba|
|2022 Dec 31||Emerald Harmony||7 days, one-way from Saigon to Phnom Penh|
Emerald Cruises as a premium travel brand and cruise line serves typical European travel aficionados. These are usually well-educated, 55+ river cruising veterans. The line also aims at a younger demographic with its onboard amenity upgrades, like the indoor swimming pool that transforms into an outdoor cinema.
As is the case with most European river travel companies, Emerald Christmas and New Year voyages include boat transfers and shore excursions/tours within the cost to the overall fare. However, unusual and in-depth shore excursions are offered optionally, and for a fee. Water, tea, and coffee, as well as beer and house wine with dinner, are ticket price-included. The line also arranges flights on a case-by-case basis.
Noticeable is that throughout your time onboard, each member of the staff/crew maintains a perfect balance between friendly and professional.
In December 2020, Emerald Cruises (Emerald Waterways' parent brand) announced an array of river and yacht journeys around the winter holidays that offer something for every type of traveler:
- The Christmas Connoisseur: A river voyage calling on some of the most enchanting European Christmas Markets. Emerald Waterways’ 2021-2022 Christmas Markets sailings range from 5 to 15 days with sailings along the Danube, Rhine, and Rhone rivers.
- The Adventurer: A Mekong River sailing in Southeast Asia through Cambodia and Vietnam in December allows for the opportunity to explore ancient culture. The largest celebrations are happening in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), where Christmas is a major holiday. Passengers may even see multiple Santas on scooters. Land packages and sailings of 13-21 days are available for the 2021-2022 seasons.
- The Bucket Lister: An 8-day holiday voyage to the Holy Land on Emerald Cruises’ superyacht, Emerald Azzurra, offers the chance to visit Port Said (Cairo), Egypt, and see the Great Pyramids of Giza as well as to enjoy a day cruise along the Nile before spending 2 days in Haifa (Tel Aviv) Israel and visiting Nazareth and the Sea of Galilee. The highlight of the trip is the 2 days in Ashdod (Jerusalem) from where, travelers can choose from excursions to Bethlehem, Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, and the Dead Sea.
Emerald Cruises offers a free, Emerald Extended Drink Package with any 2021-2022 Christmastime European river/yacht cruise booked by December 24, 2020. The Package carries a value of US$128 per person per week and features a selection of wine, soft drinks, and draft beer available throughout the day. For a Southeast Asian river cruise booked by December 24, passengers receive an equivalent onboard credit of US$128 per person, which can be used toward drinks at the bar, spa & salon services, or at the shop onboard.
The free Extended Drinks Package/onboard credit is combinable with the line's current savings offers:
- Savings of up to US$2,500 per couple or up to FREE flights to Europe on European Christmas Market river sailings
- Savings of $2,000 per couple / FREE flights to Southeast Asia on itineraries of 13+ days on Southeast Asia river cruises
- Earlybird pricing of up to 20% off full fares on Emerald Yacht Cruises.
On all these itineraries, passengers save up to an additional 10% off 2022 cruises when paying in full 12 months before departure with Emerald's Super Earlybird promotion.
Bookings come with the flexible booking policy of Emerald that allows passengers to defer travel plans and transfer to alternate departure dates or itineraries up to 60 days before departure with no fees. The complimentary Deposit Protection Plan (US$125 per person on river cruises and US$200 per person on yacht cruises) is an inclusion in all bookings and allows flexibility with travel dates without having to worry about losing deposits. Deposits have additionally been reduced by 50% on all river cruises.
Guests looking for additional flexibility can buy the new Platinum Protection Plan, providing coverage for those who may fall ill or whose travel plans are affected by the Coronavirus/COVID crisis. The line's Platinum Protection Plan allows for 100% refund of the fare when enacted up to 31 days before departure, and 70% refund when enacted between 15-30 days prior. The plan can be added to eligible bookings for US$295 per person and to Emerald Azzurra yacht cruises for US$395.
Emerald Azzurra is the first yacht to launch under the newly formed Emerald Yacht Cruises brand. The 100-passenger superyacht plies the warm waters of the Adriatic, Mediterranean, and Red seas.
To search for Christmas and New Year river cruises by departure port, country, and company, you can use the CruiseMapper's Xmas cruise finder. Be sure to select "River" in the "Ship Type" box.
The next tables show all Emerald Waterways Christmas New Year cruise itineraries as ships, departure ports, call ports (dates and arrival/departure times), and regions.