Review of Queen Mary 2 deck 7 (Promenade-Spa)
- Observation Deck (bow-location) is part of the ship’s wraparound Promenade deck (outdoor area).
- The Canyon Ranch Spa & Salon complex is on 2 levels (size 20000 ft2 / 1860 m2). The QM2 ship’s Wellness Centre has Spa, Thalassotherapy Pool (with 1 Whirlpool), Thermal Suite, Finnish and Herbal Saunas, Relaxation Lounge, Treatment Rooms (for massages), Aromatic Steam Room.
- Fitness Centre has Gym Room and Weights area. It is equipped with 8 exercise bikes, 2 rowing machines, 10 Elliptical machines, 14 treadmills, 4 steppers, yoga mats.
- Kings Court Restaurant (capacity 478 seats) is a complimentary buffet-style restaurant with self service for Breakfast (omelettes, eggs, waffles, pancakes, cold meats) and Lunch (regional hot dishes, carved meats, salads, deli sandwiches). For dinner, the buffet restaurant is sectioned in 4 casual dining venues – The Carvery, La Piazza, Lotus, Chef Galley.
- During the QM2 ship's 2016 refuebishment, Kings Court restaurant was majorly redesigned. Both central-location elevators were removed to create a vast open space. This way, the central buffet stations area became more open, allowing an easygoing flow. The restaurant’s seating was also reconfigured for a less crowded experience, adding the convenience of pre-set tables and waiter-served drinks. New menus were also introduced (including a smokehouse alternative), plus pre-set tables and waiter-served beverages. Among the new menu choices are hot/cold meals, light snacks, afternoon treats, alternative cuisine specialties (including Asian, Indian, Italian, Tex Mex. At the center stage, ship's chefs entertain guests through cooking demonstrations in the evenings. The buffet’s new design features modern chandeliers, new artworks (circus-themed), areas with timber flooring, lots of mirrors.
- (King’s Court) The Chef’s Galley hosts culinary demonstrations. Passengers can get a look at the food preparing process and sample Chef’s Galley offers pastas and pizzas for lunch and on select evenings additionally offers Chef’s Table menu. This is a fine wine pairing and food tasting VIP dining event hosted by the ship’s Executive Chef.
- The Carvery serves gourmet English cuisine and finest carved lamb, beef, poultry and pork (reservations are recommended).
- Lotus serves Asian cuisine, finest Chinese, Japanese, Thai and Indian dishes (reservations only).
- La Piazza is 24 hours open, and serves Italian cuisine, pizza, pasta, antipasto bar (reservations recommended).
- Queens Grill Lounge (capacity 86 seats) is Queens Grill Suite guests only venue (size 1990 ft2 / 185 m2) with white-glove service and live piano music.
- Queens Grill Restaurant (capacity 206 seats, for Queens Grill Suite guests only) offers regular and an “a la carte” menu. It serves breakfast, lunch and dinner with open sitting (free caviar is offered).
- Princess Grill Restaurant (capacity 180 seats, Princess Grill Suite guests only) serves Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. The restaurant is open-sitting, and with the same menu/specialties as at the Queens Grill.
Winter Garden (capacity 278 seats, size 7000 ft2 / ) 650 m2) is a classy lounge and supper club (formal dress code is required). It has comfortable seating, live plants area, retractable glass roof, live music performances. Winter Garden serves Afternoon Champagne Tea, pre-dinner snacks, specialty cocktails.
During drydock refurbishment 2016, the Winter Garden was redesigned and renamed to “Carinthia Lounge”. The new lounge features 1920s themed decor (colored in blue, gold and cream), dance floor, wine wall, comfortable seating (plush upholstery sofas and low-back armchairs), also dining tables and chairs.
This is among the QM2 ship’s best places to sit, read, chat with friends and relax throughout the day. The lounge has its own patisserie and offers light breakfast and lunch and also Afternoon Tea white-glove service (with premium coffees and optional Veuve Cliquot Champagne service).
In the evenings, the lounge’s experience is based on premium wines, gourmet food (served in small plates) and stylish but casual entertainment. Live music is offered from noon onward. The Carinthia Lounge has no fixed menu, but offers an all-day dining. Instead, chefs place on a counter a daily selection of gourmet small-sized dishes (from late morning until late afternoon), including club sandwiches, egg dishes, buffet-type items at breakfast and lunch.