UnCruise Adventures announced it had opened bookings for a dedicated “Baja California Eclipse Cruise” setting sail on April 6th, 2024.
The special voyage offers perfectly positioned viewing off the coast of Mazatlan on the 66-passenger ship Safari Voyager. The 7-night/8-day itinerary explores the waters of Mexico's Baja California Sur, visiting San Jose del Cabo (DAY 1/flight to Los Cabos Airport, embarkation in La Paz), sea day (DAY 2/Gulf of California), Solar Eclipse Day (DAY 3/Northwest of Mazatlan), sea day (DAY 4/Sea of Cortes), Isla San Francisco (DAY 5), Los Islotes/Isla Partida (DAY 6), La Paz (DAYS 7-8/overnight), San Jose del Cabo (DAY 8/home flight).
Bookings are currently open, and UnCruise's WAVE season savings can be applied to reserve individual staterooms and groups.
The company is the leader in Baja California, giving vacationers added security in their knowledge/detailed itinerary of the area. The eclipse sailing includes not only the total solar eclipse but a playground of steep red bluffs, marine life, private beaches, sea lions, and much more.
Captain Dan Blanchard (company's CEO) said he highly recommended the Eclipse Cruise "for anyone looking for a truly unique and adventurous experience." He added their Belize 2023 Eclipse Cruise had sold out quickly and they were expecting the same for the 2024 Baja Eclipse Cruise.
2024 Baja California, Mexico Eclipse Cruise highlights include:
- ease of flights with roundtrip entry/departure into San Jose del Cabo (airport transfers included)
- expert positioning for optimal viewing of the celestial event
- opportunity to discover the history and culture of Baja California Sur
- experienced guides/naturalists onboard every trip
- daily activities to get up close and personal with the marine life: kayaking, snorkeling, and stand-up paddleboarding included
- a blend of comfort & adventure, with gourmet meals, comfortable accommodations, and a friendly crew, as well as a limited number of passengers for a more personalized trip.
- network/adventure with like-minded travelers.
Prices start from US$ 7150 per person (additional $495 for port taxes and fees). Single-occupancy cabin rates start at $9200.