Royal Caribbean unveiled plans for the first Quantum Ultra-class ship to sail from Asia-Pacific region in 2019.
Set to be launched in April 2019, the named Spectrum of the Seas vessel will be the next evolution of the groundbreaking Quantum class and will join her sister ships, Quantum of the Seas and Ovation of the Seas.
The announcement was made as Royal Caribbean unveiled its full cruise ship deployment for 2018-2019 season in China, Singapore and Australia itineraries.
With nearly a decade since Royal Caribbean's first cruise in China, the cruise line further bolsters its commitment to the market by dedicating a lineup of its most technologically advanced ships to the rapidly growing market. The new ship will specifically be designed for guests in the region, featuring even more cutting-edge and unprecedented experiences and amenities.
As part of the deployment plans for 2018-2019, Mariner of the Seas will reposition to a new home in Miami embarking on a "Global Odyssey" from Asia that features 3 long sailings from Singapore to Dubai; Dubai to Barcelona; and Barcelona to Miami.
Voyager of the Seas will have her first full season in Singapore in 2018-2019, offering 3- to 7-night adventures throughout Southeast Asia with stops that include ports in Thailand and Malaysia.
The new 2018-2019 deployment season presents additional highlights, including an expanded offering of open-jaw itineraries for adventure-seekers traveling down under with new 10-night itineraries between Auckland and Melbourne or Sydney on Radiance of the Seas.
During the winter, Ovation of the Seas will reposition to Sydney for her longest season in Australia, reclaiming the title as the largest ship based in the region.
2018-2019 China, Singapore, Australia Deployment Highlights include:
Quantum of the Seas will continue to sail from Shanghai for the fourth consecutive season, offering 78 sailings to and from Japan, beginning January 2018. Highlights include:
- 6-night Japan itinerary: Visiting the historic city of Nagasaki and overnighting in Okinawa, Japan, guests can dive into the unique culture of the nation's southernmost prefecture
- 8-night Ultimate Japan itinerary: Showcasing the best of the nation with stops in Kobe, Tokyo and Nagasaki, Japan
Ovation of the Seas will return to Tianjin, China for its second season, offering a rich lineup to explore the best of Japan, including two new ports for the ship: Sasaebo and Shimonoseki. The season begins April 2018. Highlights include:
- 5-night Japan itinerary: Sailing to Sasaebo and Shimonoseki, Japan, travelers will venture to what many know as "The Gateway to Japan."
- 7-night Ultimate Japan itinerary: Guest uncover far-flung locales in Japan, including the scenic ports of Sakaiminato, Maizuru and Nagasaki, Japan
Voyager of the Seas will offer a combined total of 77 sailings from Singapore, Hong Kong and Shenzhen, China, offering countless adventures across Southeast Asia, beginning April 30, 2018. Itinerary highlights include:
- 4-night Malaysia itinerary: Sailing from Singapore and visiting Penang and Phuket, Malaysia, a hub of vibrant neighborhoods and heritage architecture
- 5-night Vietnam itinerary: From Hong Kong to far-flung destinations, including Chan May and Nha Trang, Vietnam, guests will discover a country of breathtaking beauty and a storied past
Ovation of the Seas - the largest and most technologically advanced ship to sail in Australian waters - will sail from Sydney, Australia for its third and longest season in the country, offering 13 sailings beginning November 2018. Highlights include:
- 10-night New Zealand itinerary: Departing Sydney, featuring the country's endemic wildlife and Maori heritage with stops in Milford Sound, Napier and Picton, New Zealand
- 14-night Singapore to Sydney, open-jaw itinerary: Setting sail this Fall to ports of call including Adelaide and Hobart, Tasmania
Radiance of the Seas will have an expanded open-jaw program with three new itineraries venturing out into Australia in 2019. Highlights include:
- New - 10-night itinerary: Departing from Auckland, New Zealand to Melbourne, Australia, travelers will visit various captivating destinations throughout the Tasman Sea.
Explorer of the Seas will join Ovation of the Seas for her 4th season based in Sydney with 23 sailings exploring the island destinations of South Pacific and Fiji. The ship's cruises range from 3- to 14-night itineraries, and will begin in October 2018. Highlights include:
- 12-night South Pacific and Fiji itinerary: Visiting a lineup of exotic destinations, including Noumea, Caledonia; Port Vila, Vanuatu; Lautoka and Suva, Fiji.