Carnival Cruise Line unveiled details on the accommodation choices passengers will have onboard the highly-anticipated newbuild, Mardi Gras, which will offer over 180 suites across eleven styles, including the premium category Carnival Excel suites with new amenities and access to a resort-style, open-air enclave named Loft 19.
The new premium suite level aboard Mardi Gras includes 32 suites in 4 categories:
- Carnival Excel Presidential Suite - 2 Presidential Suites, the fleet's largest - located on Deck 17 which feature spacious dining, living, and sleeping areas along with Carnival's most expansive balconies with large sunbed and lounging areas, a private outdoor hot tub and shower, and vast sea views. The suites also include access to the Havana pool area and spa's thermal suite.
- Carnival Excel Aft Suite - 12 suites overlooking Summer Landing and featuring separate living rooms and bedrooms with wraparound balconies offering a private outdoor hot tub, areas for al fresco relaxing and dining, and impressive ocean views.
- Carnival Excel Corner Suite - 12 suites on the starboard and port sides of the vessel featuring a wet bar, separate lounging and sleeping areas, and wraparound balconies with dining and lounging areas.
- Carnival Excel Suite - 6 suites on Decks 10, 11 & 12 with dining, relaxing, and sleeping areas. The spacious balconies feature a dining area and loungers.
All suites on Mardi Gras will offer an amenities package including priority boarding/debarkation, bottled water upon arrival, priority MDR (main dining room) seating, plush bathrobes.
Passengers in the 32 Carnival Excel suites can benefit from standard suite amenities plus:
- Dedicated concierge phone line
- Unlimited access to Loft 19
- Guaranteed specialty dining times (except Bonsai Teppanyaki and Chef's Table)
- Complimentary room service, laundry, and Bottomless Bubbles soda package
- Fresh fruit basket and sparkling wine upon arrival
- Upgraded bathroom amenities.
Situated on the highest deck of Carnival Mardi Gras, Loft 19 is a new concept for the line. The secluded retreat is modeled after the finest resorts in the world with full bar service and a private pool surrounded by spacious cabanas and sun loungers, available for rent. The cabanas are stocked with beverages, chilled towels, plush robes, lunch delivery, fresh fruit, and dedicated concierge service. Guests staying in Carnival Excel suites receive priority when reserving the cabanas.