Legend Of The Seas deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Legend Of The Seas deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Royal Caribbean deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Legend Of The Seas cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Legend Of The Seas staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Legend of the Seas (built 1995, last refurbished in 2013, scheduled refurbishment 2017) is of the Vision-class Royal Caribbean cruise ships – together with Splendour of the Seas (sister-ship) and also Enchantment, Grandeur, Rhapsody andVision. In Spring 2017, the ship will join Thomson Cruises fleet, just like her sister Splendour (since 2016 TUI Discovery).
Legend of the Seas cruise ship deck plan has a total of 915 staterooms for 1832 passengers (max capacity is 2074 guests), served by 730 crew/staff. The ship has 10 passenger accessible decks, 8 lounges and bars, 2 swimming pools, 4 jacuzzies, 11 elevators.
IMPORTANT: Here reviewed Royal Caribbean Legend deck plans are valid for RCI cruises in 2016 and 2017 (through October 14th).
Legend Of The Seas deck plan changes 2013 refurbishment review
The ship had its last drydock refurbishment in 2013 (January-February) at the immense cost of US$50 million. The list of deck plan changes after the Singapore drydock refit includes:
- 13 new cruise cabins were added (decks 7 and 8).
- All Deck 6 cabins (previously in Oceanview categories) were upgraded/outfitted with balconies.
- All passenger cabin were upgraded with flat TVs and decors were changed. All cabins and public areas were renovated – new decors, carpeting, soft furnishings.
- The ship’s Wi-Fi coverage was also upgraded (bow to stern).
- Digital Wayfinders (multilingual LCD touch-screen displays) were installed throughout most passenger lift areas. They provide passengers with information on scheduled events, promotions, deck plans, dining menus and times, ship map directions.
- On Lido Deck 9 two new lounges were added – “Concierge Club” and “Diamond Club”. The complimentary “Park Cafe” (bistro-style restaurant) was added to the Solarium (indoor pool area).
- Dining options were expanded with new restaurants – the “Chef’s Table” (gourmet dining room, part of the MDR on Promenade Deck 5) and the Deck 11’s “Chops Grille” (steakhouse & seafood) and the “Izumi” (Asian/Japanese cuisine). The Viking Crown Lounge (deck 11) was extensively renovated but decreased in size making space for these two new restaurants there.
- The Royal Caribbean’s Nursery room was added on Sports Deck 10.
- New “Centrum” entertainment program now offers aerial acrobatic spectacles.
- On deck 4 was added the “R Bar” (retro 1960s themed).
- The RCI’s poolside huge movie screen was installed on the pool deck 9 (Lido).
Cruise ship Internet "VOOM"
VOOM is the name of the RCI's new, high-speed internet service available on the Legend ship since 2016. The service provides passengers with the pleasure to enjoy at sea almost the same high-speed Internet connections they are used to while on land. The new satellite technology utilizes each RCI cruise ship specifically.
Voom Internet has latency 120 ms, ping ~300 ms, download speed ~4,6 Mbps, upload speed ~5,2 Mbps. Voom allows fast streaming of music and movies (incl YouTube, Netflix), uploading multiple (incl big-sized) pictures, also video chatting (FaceTime, Skype, conference calls), checking email, web surfing, stable and fast VPN connections.
New Internet packages cost
RCI's high-speed ship internet offering was revamped from only one plan into different per day packages with pricing based on the number of included devices. Two new packages are currently available for booking:
- Note: All below listed unlimited Internet package prices are "Cruise Planner" booking rates and include the 30% pre-cruise booking discount. Packages can be purchased on board and also pre-purchased (before the cruise) via RCI's "Cruise Planner" booking system.
- "Voom Surf Voyage" is the "light package" providing high-speed Internet for general web browsing, e-mails and social media platforms (excepting video streaming). The "Voom Surf Voyage" Internet package cost (per day) depends on the number of mobile devices using it. Its pricing is as follows: $10 (1 device), $17 (2 devices), $24 (3 devices), $28 (4 devices) and $32 (5 devices).
- "Voom Surf + Stream" is the "real deal", offering unlimited Internet activities, including the high-speed video streaming (music, movies, video chatting, texting, VoIP apps /Internet phone calls). The "Voom Surf + Stream" Internet package cost (per day) also depends on the number of mobile devices included. Its pricing is as follows: $13 (1 device), $23 (2 devices), $32 (3 devices), $40 (4 devices) and $42 (5 devices).
Legend Of The Seas deck plans are property of Royal Caribbean. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.