Addu Atoll (fka Seenu Atoll) is the Maldives' southernmost atoll, located approx 541 km (336 ml) south of Male (Kaafu Atoll). In this atoll is located Addu City - one of the country's only two cities (together with Male). Addu City is comprised of all Addu Atoll's inhabited areas, which are on the islands Feydhoo, Hithadhoo, Hulhudhoo, Maradhoo, and Meedhoo, plus several uninhabited islands, among which is Gan Island, where the atoll's only airport (Gan International Airport) is located.
Addu Atoll features a natural anchorage, as its waters are protected by large-sized islands surrounding it. The result is a natural, calm and safe at all times harbour waterway, not affected by seasonal climate changes. The atoll has 4 channels, all leading into its lagoon. Barrier reefs protect the atoll's islands from the Indian Ocean 's storms and high waves. This allows coconut palms to grow everywhere on the isles. The islands also feature small lakes, wetlands, marshy fields and white terns (small tropical seabirds) which in Maldives can be found only in this atoll. The fauna is also represented by whales and dolphins, with a great variety of species.
- The atolls inhabited islands are named (alphabetically listed) Feydhoo, Hithadhoo, Hulhudhoo, Maradhoo, and Meedhoo. These islands also form the Addu City's 5 districts. All these islands are natural and well connected.
The atoll's uninhabited islands are named (alphabetically listed):
- Bodu Hajara, Boduheragandu
- Gan Island (Gan International Airport), Gaukendi, Geskalhuhera
- Hankede, Hankede, Hajara, Hera, Here-there (Herathera Island Resort), Hikahera
- Kafathalhaa, Kandu Huraa, Kedevaahera Koahera Kuda, Kandihereganda
- Maahera, Maamendhoo, Madihera, Mulikede
- Vashahéra, Villingili (Shangri-La Resort)
Addu Atoll cruise terminal
Most cruise ships to Addu Atoll dock (anchor) at Gan Island, where is located the Gan International Airport.
The Addu Atoll cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Addu Atoll, Gan Island, Maldives.
If you lose the Addu Atoll location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.