Antofagasta is a port city in northern Chile. It is located approx 1100 km (700 ml) north of the country's capital and largest city - Santiago. The city covers a total area of approx 31 km2 (12 ml2) and has population around 350,000.
- Antofagasta is the capital city of Antofagasta Province and Region. Previously part of Bolivia, it was captured by Chile during the War of the Pacific (1879–1883), and the transfer of sovereignty was finished in 1904 Treaty of Peace & Friendship between the 2 countries.
- The city of Antofagasta is linked to mining activity, as it's country's major mining area. The last decade has had a steady growth in the regions of retail, construction, population growth, hotel accommodations and remarkable skyline development.
- Antofagasta boasts Chile's highest GDP per capita: 37,000 USD and 3rd place for Human Development Index after Metropolitana de Santiago Region & Magallanes and Antartica Chilena Region.
- The city boasts a port complex of 7 docks, inaugurated by President Carlos Ibanez del Campo on February 14, 1943 under the name Puerto de Antofagasta, consisting of 2 terminals. Terminal 1 has the docks 1, 2 and 3. It is multi-operator and managed by "Empresa Portuaria Antofagasta" (EPA) since July 1, 1998. Terminal 2, composed of docks 4, 5, 6 and 7, is managed and operated by "Antofagasta Terminal Internacional" (ATI) since March 1, 2003. Overall, this tourist and commercial port (member of Association of Cruise Ports Southern Cone), can operate a production of 5,000,000 tons of cargo.
- Escondida, which is Chile's largest private mining, has a private port situated in southern city, close to "Cerro Coloso".
Highlights: Beach resort, Portada Rock, Atacama Desert
Port Antofagasta cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Antofagasta, Chile. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|1 November, 2018|
|26 November, 2018|
The Antofagasta cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Antofagasta, Chile.
If you lose the Antofagasta location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.