Cho Gao (translated as "Rice Market") is the capital city of Cho Gao huyen. This rural district of Tien Giang Province has a population of around 190,000 inhabitants and covers a total area of 235 km2 (91 ml2). Cho Gao is located in Vietnam's Mekong Delta region.
Things to do around Cho Gao (within 5 km of Cho Gao) include:
- Vinh Trang Pagoda (Buddhist temple in My Tho). Giant Buddha statues rise over the grounds of the peaceful temple around a kilometre east of the city centre, where monks maintain a sanctuary, decorated with gilded and carved wood. They provide a home for kids in need and donations are welcome. To get there, head north on Le Loi, then turn right to Nguyen Trai and cross the bridge. Turn left after 400 m to Nguyen Trung Truc. Pagoda's entrance is on the right-hand side, about 200 m from the turnoff.
- My Tho Market. Spilling out on the street facing Bao Dinh Channel, the market is a typical Vietnamese array of strange smells, exotic fruits, dried fish and doomed animals.
- Tien Giang Tourist (My Tho). This reliable boat operator offers 3-hour tours to Thoi Son and Phoenix island (95,000d per person when there is a group).
- My Tho Tourist Boat Station. In a prominent building situated on the riverfront, My Tho Tourist Boat Station shelters several tour companies that offer cruises to neighbouring islands and via the labyrinth of tiny canals. Depending on what passengers book, destinations often include an orchid garden, coconut-candy workshop and honey farm (don't miss the chance to try the banana wine).
- Night Market (Vietnamese in My Tho). Plonked in front of a floating restaurant, the popular spot packs in diners come evening, with a host of fish stalls and lively hotpot.
The Cho Gao cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Cho Gao, Mekong Delta, Vietnam.
If you lose the Cho Gao location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.