Cho Gao (translated as "Rice Market") is the capital city of Cho Gao huyen. This rural district of Tien Giang Province has a population of around 190,000 inhabitants and covers a total area of 235 km2 (91 ml2). Cho Gao is located in Vietnam's Mekong Delta region.
Best-known tourist attractions located within 5 km of Cho Gao include:
- Vinh Trang Pagoda (Buddhist temple in My Tho). Giant Buddha statues rise over the grounds of the peaceful temple around a kilometre east of the city centre, where monks maintain a sanctuary, decorated with gilded and carved wood. They provide a home for kids in need and donations are welcome. To get there, head north on Le Loi, then turn right to Nguyen Trai and cross the bridge. Turn left after 400 m to Nguyen Trung Truc. Pagoda's entrance is on the right-hand side, about 200 m from the turnoff.
- My Tho Market. Spilling out on the street facing Bao Dinh Channel, the market is a typical Vietnamese array of strange smells, exotic fruits, dried fish and doomed animals.
- Tien Giang Tourist (My Tho). This reliable boat operator offers 3-hour tours to Thoi Son and Phoenix island (95,000d per person when there is a group).
- My Tho Tourist Boat Station. In a prominent building situated on the riverfront, My Tho Tourist Boat Station shelters several tour companies that offer cruises to neighbouring islands and via the labyrinth of tiny canals. Depending on what passengers book, destinations often include an orchid garden, coconut-candy workshop and honey farm (don't miss the chance to try the banana wine).
- Night Market (in My Tho). Plonked in front of a floating restaurant, the popular spot packs in diners come evening, with a host of fish stalls and lively hotpot.
Port Cho Gao cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Cho Gao, Mekong Delta, Vietnam. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|7 December, 2023|
|15 December, 2023|
|RV Indochine II|
|23 December, 2023|
|25 December, 2023|
|RV Lan Diep|
|31 December, 2023|
|RV Indochine II|