Helsingor (Elsinore) is a port city located in eastern Denmark. The city has population around 61,000. This is also the closest Danish port to Sweden - approx 4 km (2 ml) from Helsingborg.
- The city's name is derived from the word "hals" which means "neck" ("narrow strait"), referring to the narrowest point of Oresund.
- The city is the main shopping destination in North Sealand (North Zealand island), with more than 1 million visitors per year. Among tourists it is also known for its castle Kronborg, as William Shakespeare's play Hamlet was set there.
- A notable site for about a century was Helsingor Værft (Elsinore shipyard). It was founded in 1882 and covered the whole area between Helsingor and Kronborg Castle. At its peak in 1957, the shipyard had around 3600 employees. Due to heavy financial losses, the shipyard was closed in 1983.
- Wiibroe brewery (established 1840) was the 2nd brewery producing bottled beer (the Wiibroe Flag label) in Denmark - after Carlsberg.. The last Wiibroe Flag was brewed in 1998. Carlsberg continues to brew the beer under the Wiibroe Årgangso label.
- The city's oldest fortified building is Flynderborg, an early medieval fortress located on a hill south of the medieval city.
- The city's oldest church (Saint Olaf's Church) was built around 1200 AD.
- Among the most popular local tourist attractions is the Maritime Museum of Denmark
- In November 2016, the port commissioned a floating dock (located next to the quay) used for cruise ship tender boats docking.
- In 2017, the port handled a total of 7 cruise ship calls.
Helsingor cruise terminal
Smaller-sized cruise ships dock very close to the city center. From the quay (where the ship is berthed) is a 5-min walk to downtown.
Larger ships are anchored and their passengers transported (via the ship's tender boats) to a landing pier. The pier is at around 20-min walking distance from the city center.
The "HH Ferry route" is operated by regularly scheduled car and passenger ferries, leaving every day from both Helsingborg and Helsingor. This ferry line is the world's busiest - with over 70 departures in each direction daily. The Helsingor car ferry terminal is connected to the city's main railway station, from where trains depart every 20 minutes to Copenhagen.
The Helsingor cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Helsingor, Denmark.
If you lose the Helsingor location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Helsingor cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Helsingor, Denmark. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
14 August, 2018