Isla de la Plata is a little island located off the coast of Manabi, Ecuador. The island covers a total area of approx 5,9 km2 (2 ml2).
- Isla de la Plata is part of Parque Nacional Machalilla. The island can be reached by boat from Puerto Lopez city, which is 40 km (25 ml) away. There is a diversity of animal species on the island. For example, a number of species of booby, such as the Nazca booby, the blue-footed booby and red-footed booby.
- Another species that are found here is South American sea lion. Dolphins, such as the pantropical spotted dolphin are found in the water close to the island.
- Guided tours are given on two different hiking trails. There are plenty of nice beaches on the island where one can see many forms of wildlife as well as plant species.
- There is a shrine from Inca times located on Isla de la Plata.
- The island is featured in an episode of travel series Jet Set Zero.
Highlights: Machalilla National Park, Seabird sanctuary
Isla de la Plata cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Isla de la Plata dock (anchor) at Puerto Lopez, port city located on Ecuador's western coast.
The Isla de la Plata cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Isla de la Plata, Ecuador.
If you lose the Isla de la Plata location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Isla de la Plata cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Isla de la Plata, Ecuador. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
23 March, 2017